Which game has the superior combat.....ER/GOW(2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

If you think it's a feature to have input lag... you do you. I for one think it makes the game clunky af.
The dodge roll lag on ER is well documented.
Documented by the company itself? I don't care if people complain about the game feeling too "laggy" for them but it's not a bug in the game. Their combat system is the basis for the game's success.

In every game, you have a main gameplay mechanic that is engaged over and over again in order to progress in the game. For GoW and ER, it's combat. If you find it easier to button mash in order to advance in the game, then that's OK. But you can't turn right around and say ER (which has a lot more variables in it's system in order to be successful moving forward in the game) has a gameplay bug because it doesn't behave like GoW.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
enemies in GOW also punish you for repeating the same attacks , and they also block/roll/parry.
looks like quite a few folks did not bother finishing GOW

You guys keep accusing people of stuff, like I said I got platinum. Here's me...

Massive input lag? So are you saying that the game's combat system has a bug? Input lag means something is wrong. Are you mixing it up with the various weights of the weapons? You can't expect the input of a rapier and a massive 2H sword to be the same.

Elden Ring and every Souls game doesn't let you cancel moves you queue'd up (actually Elden Ring is more forgiving here than other From games) because you need to consider everything you do, some people call this input lag because when they spammed something twice it remains queue'd even if an enemy interrupts. If they mean ACTUAL input lag well that varies based on framerate mostly, I found it smoothest running the PS4 app on PS5.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Why do you say ER is clunky? People that say that are usually ones that prefer button-mashing and forgiveness for being sloppy. If you continue to press attack in GoW, you'll keep the enemy in a locked "hit" state until they die. ER will punish you for thinking you can get by any enemy with simply mashing the attack button. How is that clunky?
Yeah try to fight the valkyries like that.

Elden ring and every souls games is unfair as fuck.
You hut the enemies 3 millhoes times and they don't die. They hit you once and you are dead

OP
OP
mansoor1980

mansoor1980

4 Jul 2022
You guys keep accusing people of stuff, like I said I got platinum. Here's me...

Elden Ring and every Souls game doesn't let you cancel moves you queue'd up (actually Elden Ring is more forgiving here than other From games) because you need to consider everything you do, some people call this input lag because when they spammed something twice it remains queue'd even if an enemy interrupts. If they mean ACTUAL input lag well that varies based on framerate mostly, I found it smoothest running the PS4 app on PS5.
nice moves dude , only GOW can allow such slick combat.
visceral and responsive combat , just the way i like it.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Completed both... Valkyries are essential to beat to understand how good GOW combat is at the higher end.

Didn't have much of an issue with any boss in ER. Malenia becomes trivial if you can stagger her enough.

GOW has better combat.... but ER has more options, like magic and arcane, Dragon arts etc.

But melee combat feels better in GOW, has more emphasis on timing and management of cooldowns and dodging perfectly than ER IMO.

Both fantastic games... ER has that more open ended feel to it and that comes into combat too.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Try my other vid...

That is better... you play pretty well like I said but it still feel something off for me... let me ask you some questions:

- Did you beat the Valkyries after you finished the game? I mean after get all the good armors and upgrades?
- Why your Valkyrie is being stunned after half of health of was gone? Here even using the Rage mode it won't stun her anymore... she will continue attacking no matter what.

When I try to block with shield her attacks will stun me.
So I need to time my block to counter here but if I try to go in a full combo she will recover and hit back... so I end doing 2-3 hits and dodging back... all the Aerus familiars all useless... well the one that give health is good.

D

Deleted member 13

Yeah try to fight the valkyries like that.

Elden ring and every souls games is unfair as fuck.
You hut the enemies 3 millhoes times and they don't die. They hit you once and you are dead
Now the system is unfair? I'll say that I had a lot of frustrations in the game too especially with the stamina. But what I found is that FROM knows how to fake a move or delay a move causing you to react too soon and then you get punished. They love sending an enemy that winds up an attack but then delays actually following through because they know people are going to be goaded into moving. It's killed me more times than I can imagine.

It might be unfair at times but I'd rather have that than to constantly press the attack button and kill an enemy quickly because he's not a boss.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: LED

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Now the system is unfair? I'll say that I had a lot of frustrations in the game too especially with the stamina. But what I found is that FROM knows how to fake a move or delay a move causing you to react too soon and then you get punished. They love sending an enemy that winds up an attack but then delays actually following through because they know people are going to be goaded into moving. It's killed me more times than I can imagine.

It might be unfair at times but I'd rather have that than to constantly press the attack button and kill an enemy quickly because he's not a boss.
I get what you mean. Bare in mind from games are literally one of my favorite games. I don't mind being unfair or anything as long the result is great.
Yes there is a lot of variety compared to go of war because is an inherently a rpg. I just prefer the fluidity and visceral attacks kratos has. There is a weight in the contact the feels satisfying. Having said that doesn't mean from games are shit on contrary lol
They are fantastic

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
That is better... you play pretty well like I said but it still feel something off for me... let me ask you some questions:

- Did you beat the Valkyries after you finished the game? I mean after get all the good armors and upgrades?
- Why your Valkyrie is being stunned after half of health of was gone? Here even using the Rage mode it won't stun her anymore... she will continue attacking no matter what.

When I try to block with shield her attacks will stun me.
So I need to time my block to counter here but if I try to go in a full combo she will recover and hit back... so I end doing 2-3 hits and dodging back... all the Aerus familiars all useless... well the one that give health is good.

We're talking 3 years ago lol, let me check the times for my trophies...

Final Valkyrie was my last trophy, the two I uploaded weren't at the end tho

Status
Not open for further replies.