Who do you think Sony will choose as their new CEO?

Which of these people will Sony choose as PS CEO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiyazakiLovesKojima

I would argue that PlayStation's most important decision in the current generation is choosing a new CEO that can handle the ever-shifting gaming industry.

I personally cannot see a person who can bring the same financial success to PlayStation like Jim Ryan.

However, a fresh new CEO with a fresh new perspective(s) for PlayStation can be exciting to watch & look forward to.

Shuhei Yoshida being the CEO of PlayStation would definitely raise some eyebrows, but the immediate result would be the return of creative & innovative first-party titles.

While PlayStation perfected the consistently high-quality 3rd Person Single Player Storytelling Experience (NOT "cInEmAtIc wAlKiNg sImUlaToRs" like some dipsh**s claim), PlayStation was well known for their experimental titles over the course of the PS1/PS2/PS3 era as well as the PS4 era (to some extent).

The new CEO of PlayStation is a crucial step for Sony to solidify their position as the Market Leader of the Gaming Console space.

So..who do YOU think will be the new CEO of PlayStation?
Ps GIF by PlayStation

Reactions: Arc

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
As much as I like shuhei, and can see the good he will bring to playstation if he did become CEO.

He seems like he would get into kumbaya bullshit with Xbox, even with Xbox saying they would spend them out of business. Sony need someone agressive.

OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

They usually pick someone who already works at Sony based on how they've done things historically.
So the chatter about Shuhei Yoshida being a possible candidate for the New CEO position is more likely, huh?

This is interesting, to say the least.

I actually respect Sony for doing this style of hiring "from within" instead of getting some big-shot executive suit from some big company & causing a mess in the process.

*Cough* Unity *Cough*

OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

As much as I like shuhei, and can see the good he will bring to playstation if he did become CEO.

He seems like he would get into kumbaya bullshit with Xbox, even with Xbox saying they would spend them out of business. Sony need someone agressive.
Phil Spender literally is thinking of buying Nintendo.

I would not be surprised if Xbox does a suckerpunch to PlayStation if they see Shuhei as their new CEO, given the fact that he's a bubbly personality 😅

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Cerny name their makes no sense. He’s a tech guy he does do marketing, business or large scale leadership. Cerny is the guy u higher to build a star not run the empire. He a genius but he can run PlayStation.
PlayStation Herman or Eric are the natural choices. Jim gave them a good set up all they have to do is ship games and sure up their weakness. PlayStation needs more teams to keep a steady flow of content, I see nothing wrong with the gaas strategy they just have to make sure those games ship. They don’t need a front man ps isn’t a cult like Xbox I don’t give an F about personality why so many ppl care about that is beyond me. Herman knows how to make games and ship games. Eric knows how to market games and sell consoles. They both are could at talking to the media. I don’t give a sht about them talking to gamers! What ever they have to say they can put it in a blog post. They do need to fix the communication each and give us a stable sop or showcase schedule I don’t like fcking guessing games. I’m fine with Eric or Herman but I’m leaning towards Herman. PS is pretty much a ship that steers itself atm. Once who ever takes over start shipping games and buy at least 1 publisher and a few smaller deals ppl will be confident in that person.

Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima
OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Cerny name their makes no sense. He’s a tech guy he does do marketing, business or large scale leadership. Cerny is the guy u higher to build a star not run the empire. He a genius but he can run PlayStation.
PlayStation Herman or Eric are the natural choices. Jim gave them a good set up all they have to do is ship games and sure up their weakness. PlayStation needs more teams to keep a steady flow of content, I see nothing wrong with the gaas strategy they just have to make sure those games ship. They don’t need a front man ps isn’t a cult like Xbox I don’t give an F about personality why so many ppl care about that is beyond me. Herman knows how to make games and ship games. Eric knows how to market games and sell consoles. They both are could at talking to the media. I don’t give a sht about them talking to gamers! What ever they have to say they can put it in a blog post. They do need to fix the communication each and give us a stable sop or showcase schedule I don’t like fcking guessing games. I’m fine with Eric or Herman but I’m leaning towards Herman. PS is pretty much a ship that steers itself atm. Once who ever takes over start shipping games and buy at least 1 publisher and a few smaller deals ppl will be confident in that person.
Good points 👍

Herman seems like the natural successor as well.

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Shu already had that big position before for SIE so it won't be him, idk why they put him to oversee indies but tht Def wasn't a promotion.

• sad
OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Shu already had that big position before for SIE so it won't be him, idk why they out him to oversee indies but tht Def wasn't a promotion.
It's a bit sad to admit, but they definitely demoted Shuhei to a mere Indie Game Advocator...

I feel like PlayStation doesn't have a Jim Ryan to fill up those shoes, but Shawn Layden did some good stuff during his time (like acquisition of Insomniac).

It will be interesting to see how this story develops over the next year or so.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I will bow down and follow whichever priest is chosen for these dark times. I cannot wait for our lords decision. Praise be to yoshida-sama allmen.

(uh excuse me but is this level of devotion acceptable to get into the secret discord?)

edit:

nvm I realized this isnt The magic treehouse committe the previous forum was. No one is telling you you can’t hang out with the cool kids in our magical queer treehouse crap here to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Nobody listed.

I would like leadership to go back to Japan. Shu would be great but I don't think he has interest in it.

I think it will be someone from their Asian operations anyway.

• thisistheway
OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Nobody listed.

I would like leadership to go back to Japan. Shu would be great but I don't think he has interest in it.

I think it will be someone from their Asian operations anyway.
It would be an interesting move from Sony to choose a person from their Japanese HQ instead of a English-Speaking frontman like Pill Spender.

It's going to be an interesting generation for PlayStation...

My bet is that Xbox's gamble with Activision won't make them win the console race, but it will keep them afloat.

OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

I will bow down and follow whichever priest is chosen for these dark times. I cannot wait for our lords decision. Praise be to yoshida-sama allmen.

(uh excuse me but is this level of devotion acceptable to get into the secret discord?)

edit:

nvm I realized this isnt The magic treehouse committe the previous forum was. No one is telling you you can’t hang out with the cool kids in our magical queer treehouse crap here to my knowledge.
Kadayi, is that you? 😂

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Good points 👍

Herman seems like the natural successor as well.
You are out of your mind if you think that HACK Hermen is even worthy of leading Playstation. We need him sent back to Guerrilla.

Shu as CEO would be a disaster. As much as I like him, he's part of the reason why Playstation Worldwide Studios is currently in the mess they are. We should have never been in a situation where they are now scrambling to acquire multiplayer talent. Or the huge gap AA games, platformers, shooters, racers.

Because they had all these areas covered and he shuttered so many studios right when Playstation was on the cousp of a financial resurgence.

His hesitance to invest and acquire talent last gen, will forever haunt them.

Rocket League should have been a PS IP.

Hello Games should have been acquired

Super Massive should have been acquired

From Software - should have been acquired

Ready At Dawn - Should have been acquired

Evolution Studios - should still be here.

He had a decade to restructure Japan Studios... What does he do? Bring in a western guy from Sony Santa Monica to try and fix issues in a Japanese studio 🤦🏽‍♂️

He's also on his way out of Playstation anyways.

The next CEO needs to be someone from their home turf (Japan). Playstation needs to be de-westernized a bit. The western branch of Playstation has weakened the brand in every single way. Bleeding partnerships, variety, and brand confidence.

New CEO needs to be someone who cares about Gaming and just as much as they care about money. Needs to be aggressive, needs to understand the importance of community engagement.

OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

You are out of your mind if you think that HACK Hermen is even worthy of leading Playstation. We need him sent back to Guerrilla.

Shu as CEO would be a disaster. As much as I like him, he's part of the reason why Playstation Worldwide Studios is currently in the mess they are. We should have never been in a situation where they are now scrambling to acquire multiplayer talent. Or the huge gap AA games, platformers, shooters, racers.

Because they had all these areas covered and he shuttered so many studios right when Playstation was on he cousp of a financial resurgence.

He's also on his way out of Playstation anyways.

The next CEO needs to be someone from their home turf (Japan). Playstation needs to be de-westernized a bit. The western branch of Playstation has weakened the brand in every single way. Bleeding partnerships, variety, and brand confidence.

New CEO needs to be someone who cares about Gaming and just as much as they care about money. Needs to be aggressive, needs to understand the importance of community engagement.
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

But...you're right.
Season 4 Nod GIF by The Office