Who here has a PC and a current gen console? How do you divide your time?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just wanted to add I can’t ever see myself playing a Sony game on PC.

Says goes for Nintendo games.

Maybe it’s just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
PS5 of course.

Gaming on PC is too similar to my everyday work environment, when I "clock off" from work i don't touch a computer at all, just need to do something else...

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PS5 of course.

Gaming on PC is too similar to my everyday work environment, when I "clock off" from work i don't touch a computer at all, just need to do something else...
Im on computers all day too so yeah that will definitely be an issue.

Reactions: PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
@flaccidsnake and @Nhomnhom can fill that void.
U Know Flirt GIF by Wimbledon

• Peachy
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The thing is if you have one platform, the other one will feel bit redundant as they share 95% percent of modern games released on them.. That's more so when you have a decent PC and add a PS console afterwards. Xbox makes 0 sense for s PC gamer.. Maybe switch 2 is the only complementary platform that makes sense,for a PC or PS gamer assuming it will have BC.

If you have a backlog on PS keep gaming on it, PCs will only get better, use time to your advantage.

The " I work on a PC all day so I can't game on one" PTSD is a programmer/IT specific condition/issue/thing?

Because my gaming PC is an entirely different thing from my work laptop. I turn it on and it opens with big picture mode, I just have to choose the game with a controller and that's it. Worst case scenario all the other launchers and emulators/retroarch are a couple of clicks away pinned on the taskbar.

Id hate gaming on a laptop though.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The " I work on a PC all day so I can't game on one" is a programmer/IT specific condition?
For me yes, my PC battle station kind of became my WFH station and office, in the beginning of COVID we would game few rounds of MP games with my work colleagues after lunch...and I think that made this even worse.

Still I've always kind of preferred gaming on console, now I concentrate my gaming there.
Also moved to a house and have a big 2nd living room just for my gaming, 77Oled and full surround system.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The " I work on a PC all day so I can't game on one" PTSD is a programmer/IT specific condition/issue/thing?

Because my gaming PC is an entirely different thing from my work laptop. I turn it on and it opens with big picture mode, I just have to choose the game with a controller and that's it. Worst case scenario all the other launchers and emulators/retroarch are a couple of clicks away pinned on the taskbar.

Id hate gaming on a laptop though.

Definitely is an tech worker condition. The new Steam Big Picture (basically the SteamOS UI built-in) is a massive improvement, but I still hate any time I have to use a keyboard because of some minor dialog box or text entry in a game that doesn't respond to a gamepad.

I think a gaming laptop is a great, even economical way to game on PC. There's some really well priced laptops from ASUS/ROG and Lenovo/Legion which don't look extremely hideous and can outperform PS5. I think for most people a laptop is also more functional for non-gaming than a desktop, let alone a home theater PC.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Cost of entry is too high for me, I have a PS5 right there and it does everything I need it to. why spend 4x that price for a meaningless upgrade? I don't care about resolution or framerates to be quite honest, I been gaming since the PS1, and some of my favorite gaming moments have been on games that ran like ass.

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022
PS5 and PC (13700kf/4080) with Gamepass Ultimate.

I usually play narrative/cinematic story games and PS plus titles on the PS5 and my LG OLED . I will play multiplayer games like Helldivers 2, Back 4 Blood, Palworld and other "free" coop games on Gamepass on the PC.

• Shake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Cost of entry is too high for me, I have a PS5 right there and it does everything I need it to. why spend 4x that price for a meaningless upgrade? I don't care about resolution or framerates to be quite honest, I been gaming since the PS1, and some of my favorite gaming moments have been on games that ran like ass.
if i ran around saying PS5 costs $2000, that would be foolish, right? It doesn't cost 4x the cost of a PS5 to get into PC gaming at all, and if you really "don't care about resolution or framerates", you can get into PC gaming more cheaply than a PS5.

PS5 is good though, go ahead and enjoy it.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Definitely is an tech worker condition. The new Steam Big Picture (basically the SteamOS UI built-in) is a massive improvement, but I still hate any time I have to use a keyboard because of some minor dialog box or text entry in a game that doesn't respond to a gamepad.

I think a gaming laptop is a great, even economical way to game on PC. There's some really well priced laptops from ASUS/ROG and Lenovo/Legion which don't look extremely hideous and can outperform PS5. I think for most people a laptop is also more functional for non-gaming than a desktop, let alone a home theater PC.

Laptop PC gamers use laptop keyboards or proper ones?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I will say that on pc it is really annoying for multiple input games, some games won't let you type with controller so if you want to text chat to teammates you have to put down the controller and use m+kb. Other times the game still sends input to the controller when you're using m+kb and it's annoying to have to turn off the controller or disconnect it.