Who in games media do you respect?

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
You don't cancel a game nearing the final year of its development based on rumors. Come on man, think.

Jason Schreier said that sentiment from within bungie itself around Marathon was not great 220 employees who worked on the game got made redundant in the summer. An internal playtest at the end of 2023 gave mostly negative feedback according to Schreier the game has received multiple delays and isn't a guarantee to make a release date in 2025.

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Jason Schreier said that sentiment from within bungie itself around Marathon was not great 220 employees who worked on the game got made redundant in the summer. An internal playtest at the end of 2023 gave mostly negative feedback according to Schreier the game has received multiple delays and isn't a guarantee to make a release date in 2025.
That's actually not true.

The person or people (two?) he talked to had reservations about it's current state. All Jason does is find the whiners at a studio and spread FUD. He spoke in unbelievably vague terms which gives him an easy out if Marathon becomes a huge success.

"I didn't lie! The game was in a bad state according to the people I talked to but that was earlier in development and games often come together at the end of a project."

Jason is a clickbaiter by nature.

You don't base the strategic direction of your company based on a Jason Shreier comment. Let's not fall into clown world.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No. The director was replaced by Valorant’s Joe Ziegler almost a year and a half ago due to sexual harassment scandal. No one said anything about recent builds. Only impressions revealed were from a year ago from tarkov players invited to play test . The problem w/ Mararhon is the delays. It was supposed to be out already.

Marathon will not have heroes but character kits and loadouts. The players are androids.
Well, I didn't know Ziegler had taken over. That bodes well...

The thing is that Marathon has something really interesting about it... Something that the likes of Concord never had, for me at least.

The aesthetic alone is very appealing

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if bungie quietly ends up cancelling marathon both naughty dog and guerrilla killed projects not that long ago a lot of multiplayer projects haven't panned out for sony.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well, I didn't know Ziegler had taken over. That bodes well...

The thing is that Marathon has something really interesting about it... Something that the likes of Concord never had, for me at least.

The aesthetic alone is very appealing

There was a sizable portion of the Valorant team that jumped ship over to Bungie to apparently work on Marathon w/ Ziegler. He took over shortly after or at the time of the reveal trailer.

The assumption that all fhe layoffs were from Marathon is also incorrect. Bungie cancelled two active projects in development and gave another to Sony and is only working on Marathon and Destiny 2 currently. They may also act as some kind producer role for the Blundell’s game from new studio at PlayStation gut from Bungie.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if bungie quietly ends up cancelling marathon both naughty dog and guerrilla killed projects not that long ago a lot of multiplayer projects haven't panned out for sony.
Naughty Dog killed a project early in development.

Guerilla is still making either one or two multiplayer games.

Marathon is nearing completion. Those games are not likely to be cancelled.