Who should replace Xbox in the console market if Microsoft bows out and pulls the plug? Poll

• Thread starter Deleted member 223
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
It's not even in third place now, it's already ahead of Nintendo. You're gonna need better coping strategies if you want to stay sane throughout this generation ;)
If Revenue ≥ profit, then yes, you're right Bernd 😅

498.gif

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
If Revenue ≥ profit, then yes, you're right Bernd 😅

498.gif
Obsessing over profits is a decent cope, but probably not good enough. Since we will never know the profits of any Microsoft subdivision, one could easily argue that those subdivions are outprofiting all competition, as they're already undoubtedly doing in some areas (e.g., cloud computing).

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Obsessing over profits is a decent cope, but probably not good enough. Since we will never know the profits of any Microsoft subdivision, one could easily argue that those subdivions are outprofiting all competition, as they're already undoubtedly doing in some areas (e.g., cloud computing).
Third in terms of profit + third in terms of hardware sales = second place (soon to be first place).

That Xbot mentality tho 😁

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Third in terms of profit + third in terms of hardware sales = second place (soon to be first place).

That Xbot mentality tho 😁
Just remember, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You have to conserve your coping energy throughout the entire generation ;)

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
That's a good cope for later, when Xbox inevitably reaches #1. You should memorize it.

No need to cope, don't you worry darling. Seems like everybody can decide for themselves how to determine the ranking.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
No need to cope, don't you worry darling. Seems like everybody can decide for themselves how to determine the ranking.
Not really, revenue is the core metric in business. The other maybe relevant metric would be market cap but that's not possible for obvious reasons.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Not really, revenue is the core metric in business. The other maybe relevant metric would be market cap but that's not possible for obvious reasons.
Aaaaah now I got it!!!!

I forgot you actually get paid for this, sorry, now I see your point of view more directed to the business. I will try to keep it in mind.

As I'm a gamer, I rank the console manufacturers by other factors.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Aaaaah now I got it!!!!

I forgot you actually get paid for this, sorry, now I see your point of view more directed to the business. I will try to keep it in mind.

As I'm a gamer, I rank the console manufacturers by other factors.
You will rank them in a way that lets you sleep better at night. As time goes on, you will have to become more creative to make your employer look like you're "winning", so I assume one factor could be "hardware sold during the 6th generation of consoles" or something obscure like that.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
You will rank them in a way that lets you sleep better at night. As time goes on, you will have to become more creative to make your employer look like you're "winning", so I assume one factor could be "hardware sold during the 6th generation of consoles" or something obscure like that.

I sleep wonderfully with 2 out of 3 console manufacturers creating good games which appeal to me, thanks for your concern.

That's also the only "value" important to me as a gamer, and how I rank them.

Don't get what you mean with the employer part. I'm self-employed, unfortunately I am not as lucky as you are for working for one of the big 3.

• haha
Reactions: Bernd Lauert

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Xbox has been jogging (slowly) for 20 years.
Come on, think of all the contributions Xbox has made to games:
-Established the absurd concept of paid online
-Introduced the paywall for everything (I loved when they charged you to use Netflix in the 360)
-Early push for microtransactions with stuff like horse armor
-They saved the AAA batteries industry
-Charged for people to play F2P games for over a decade
-Sabotaged an entire generation of third party games with the Series S
-Tried to destroy PC gaming multiple times

I didn't mention all the bangers they produced over this 20 years period but there has to be at least a few right? I just can't think of any.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
-Established the absurd concept of paid online
-Introduced the paywall for everything (I loved when they charged you to use Netflix in the 360)
-Early push for microtransactions with stuff like horse armor
-They saved the AAA batteries industry
-Charged for people to play F2P games for over a decade
-Sabotaged an entire generation of third party games with the Series S
-Tried to destroy PC gaming multiple times

I didn't mention all the bangers they produced over this 20 years period but there has to be at least a few right? I just can't think of any.
😄😄

Doubling the price of Live Gold would have been another beauty to add to the list. But their 24 hour about-turn means more stealth GamePass price rises will be coming instead 👍

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
😄😄

Doubling the price of Live Gold would have been another beauty to add to the list. But their 24 hour about-turn means more stealth GamePass price rises will be coming instead 👍
Maybe they could start by making the trial and promos $2 instead of just $1.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I think Sega is the natural option, but they've been dead and most of their titles are already on PS and XBX. OG XBOX was enticing only because of Sega games IMO or prior Sega exclusives like MSR turned PGR etc...

Nintendo maybe is in it's own space, but it would be great to see new franchises from them or at least see what Nintendo could do with state of the art hardware. A realistic Zelda would be great, a new Metroid or Eternal Darkness with realistic graphics would be great to see. GC is when they pushed the envelope, they had so many unique games to play and they pushed some impressive visuals too. Right now, it's like Sony is the only one's pushing graphics tech, animation tech etc..

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

-Made first person gaming mainstream on consoles with Halo
-Introduced an actual online infrastructure to console gaming, not the duct tape and spit solution PS2 used
-Brought HDDs to consoles to speed up loading times and games storage
-Revitalized backwards compatibility, and still the best at it in the last few generations
-Introduced much needed features like VRR to console space which sony would copy later
-Introduced game pass, the best deal in gaming.

kermit-tea-meme-history-meaning.jpg

Of course not, Nintendo is doing just fine.

Steam Deck and Nintendo should occupy their own category.

Reactions: DarkMage619

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
-Made first person gaming mainstream on consoles with Halo
-Introduced an actual online infrastructure to console gaming, not the duct tape and spit solution PS2 used
-Brought HDDs to consoles to speed up loading times and games storage
-Revitalized backwards compatibility,
and still the best at it in the last few generations
-Introduced much needed features like VRR to console space which sony would copy later
-Introduced game pass, the best deal in gaming.
What a truly pathethic list and half of it are lies as well. :LOL:

You just made my point even stronger and highlighter your own ignorance, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.