Why Are People Happy That Concord Is Failing?

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
"People hate woke"

I keep seeing this, and yet TLOU 2 was far more "woke" than Concord and people ate it up. People accused Uncharted 4 of being "woke" and it sold extremely well. People even accuse Spider-Man 2 and R&C Rift Apart of being "woke", and they were quite successful.

I don't think people are nearly as obsessed with the concept of "woke" as some of you think. I'll just leave it at that.

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
"People hate woke"

I keep seeing this, and yet TLOU 2 was far more "woke" than Concord and people ate it up. People accused Uncharted 4 of being "woke" and it sold extremely well. People even accuse Spider-Man 2 and R&C Rift Apart of being "woke", and they were quite successful.

I don't think people are nearly as obsessed with the concept of "woke" as some of you think. I'll just leave it at that.
Gamers are getting worn out. You let it slide for awhile, but eventually questions are raised.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I dunno in what universe there was ever initial hype for this. 😂
Outside of maybe Call of Duty / Warzone, is there ever any hype for any multiplayers Live Service game pre release? I feel like all the biggest GAAS games released since PUBG have been largely ignored by “the internet” before they build into juggernauts.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
"People hate woke"

The problem with the internet is that nothing is really falsifiable and the mob just moves onto the next topic without truly examining anything. We can’t test the degree to which wokeness hurts anything so the anti woke crowd just repeats ad nauseum.

The internet builds religions.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Outside of maybe Call of Duty / Warzone, is there ever any hype for any multiplayers Live Service game pre release? I feel like all the biggest GAAS games released since PUBG have been largely ignored by “the internet” before they build into juggernauts.

Of course their have been hype for multiplayers however it's getting rare since sequels like what COD get yearly are now extremely rare.

But in this case of Concord it was just disingenuous to claim their was initial hype lol, which was th Crux of my comment. There was none. The devs and Sony botched the reveal so bad, it just never recovered

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Of course their have been hype for multiplayers however it's getting rare since sequels like what COD get yearly are now extremely rare.

But in this case of Concord it was just disingenuous to claim their was initial hype lol, which was th Crux of my comment. There was none. The devs and Sony botched the reveal so bad, it just never recovered

You still misunderstand. Helldivers had hype because when it launched people actually wanted to play it. The players created the hype because they actually liked the game.

So when ps shills go around claiming the game is good when it has a 60 meta and user score… there’s no hype because it actually sucks. That’s a lie — if it was good there would be a grassroots campaign.

Online games need player hype. Official Marketing does shit to convince players to pick up online games (see redfall suicide squad, concord and all the other trash consumers rejected) . Only other players can do that.

Or should we go over the time where Helldivers was assumed to be sent out to die with no fanfare and while concord was marketed far more.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You still misunderstand. Helldivers had hype because when it launched people actually wanted to play it. The players created the hype because they actually liked the game.

So when ps shills go around claiming the game is good when it has a 60 meta and user score… there’s no hype because it actually sucks. That’s a lie — if it was good there would be a grassroots campaign.

Online games need player hype. Official Marketing does shit to convince players to pick up online games (see redfall suicide squad, concord and all the other trash consumers rejected) . Only other players can do that.

Or should we go over the time where Helldivers was assumed to be sent out to die with no fanfare and while concord was marketed far more.

Man you guys are obsessed with trying to set the shill narrative and make it sound comparable to Xbots…
People liking the game doesnt mean they are shills.

People claiming the game has great gameplay doesnt mean it has shills, no reviewer has said the gameplay isnt good.

Yall can keep saying the game sucks, sure. But the gameplay is great for those who like it. And it wasnt given a fair chance

IGN going around claimining PS has make a secret exclusive deal with Wu kong is shilling, the people claiming gamepass was gonna rule the world and kept tweeting adverts for it are shilling.

Not 3-4 people who are claiming Concord has good gameplay

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Maybe you should stop using words that far exceeds that of your vocabulary if you still can't grasp what the term = Shills mean.

Who cares about Metacritic? I also think The Order 1886 was a very good game and it has a Meta in the 50's... Does that mean I'm a shill for liking stuff maybe majority doesn't?

That's the problem with the gaming, y'all can't think for yourselves, can't enjoy things for your own sake, too concerned with the group think and what others are saying to actually enjoy shit.

You claimed the game has "initial hype" it did not.... Everyone pretty much wrote this game off the minute they debuted the trailers at the State of Play back in May.

At this point... It's just getting pathetic the way people are obsessed with this game.

Y'all are also MAD the game is flopping though that what y'all wanted? Pick a damn struggle.

Reactions: arvfab and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Maybe you should stop using words that far exceeds that of your vocabulary if you still can't grasp what the term = Shills mean.

Who cares about Metacritic? I also think The Order 1886 was a very good game and it has a Meta in the 50's... Does that mean I'm a shill for liking stuff maybe majority doesn't?

That's the problem with the gaming, y'all can't think for yourselves, can't enjoy things for your own sake, too concerned with the group think and what others are saying to actually enjoy shit.

You claimed the game has "initial hype" it did not.... Everyone pretty much wrote this game off the minute they debuted the trailers at the State of Play back in May.

At this point... It's just getting pathetic the way people are obsessed with this game.

Y'all are also MAD the game is flopping though that what y'all wanted? Pick a damn struggle.

You and your kind must be destroyed for even liking Concord lol. Your children, your childrens childrens and everything you hold dear

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024

I’m just saying hype isn’t necessary for multiplayer like it is for single player. PUBG, Fortnite, Valheim, Lethal Company didn’t have or need prerelease hype because it’s not required for multiplayer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I’m just saying hype isn’t necessary for multiplayer like it is for single player. PUBG, Fortnite, Valheim, Lethal Company didn’t have or need prerelease hype because it’s not required for multiplayer
But, as I said I was cross referencing in response to a comment in this thread claiming the game had hype..you are talking about something totally not related to my comment.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They didnt have nowhere as much negativity as Concord. And they didnt have bad character designs

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well, as I'm currently experiencing on Twitter, there's a surprisingly large contingent that seems to see this as some sort of "karma" for closing Japan Studio, and who even seem to blame Concord for it directly. It's kind of weird.
It's also apparently Concord's fault Factions got canceled. Yesterday a mutual of mine on Twitter said Bungie was playing favoritism by letting this game survive their GaaS evaluation yet Factions didn't 😂

• haha
Reactions: Swolf712

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
It's also apparently Concord's fault Factions got canceled. Yesterday a mutual of mine on Twitter said Bungie was playing favoritism by letting this game survive their GaaS evaluation yet Factions didn't 😂
People are absolutely insane, holy crap.

Bungie didn't even cancel anything, the decision was made by higher-ups with Bungie's consultation as a FACTOR.

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense then to take that out on Marathon rather than some other game?

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
People are absolutely insane, holy crap.

Bungie didn't even cancel anything, the decision was made by higher-ups with Bungie's consultation as a FACTOR.

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense then to take that out on Marathon rather than some other game?
At this point I don't even think haters know why they hate this game, they just do! I'm sure a year from now Concord will still get blamed for any PlayStation games that stumbles out the block.

They're already sharpening their knives for the next victim FairGame$...

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Probably Monsters also has origins from those who parted ways with Bungie. And Concord was incubated there and then sold off to Sony. I don’t think it’s Bungie’s own favoritism but more like someone within Sony doing some fanboying since this I think this all preceded the Bungie purchase… I don’t remember.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well, as I'm currently experiencing on Twitter, there's a surprisingly large contingent that seems to see this as some sort of "karma" for closing Japan Studio, and who even seem to blame Concord for it directly. It's kind of weird.
That is crazy…

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
But, as I said I was cross referencing in response to a comment in this thread claiming the game had hype..you are talking about something totally not related to my comment.
Someone said something about Concord having a lack of pre release hype…as if it was relevant to the discussion.

I’m just saying that really doesn’t matter much in multiplayer. Multiplayer is a space where games earn it through fun and only fun. Tricky marketing tactics don’t work in GAAS