Why Are People Happy That Concord Is Failing?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Worse, its been given almost complete noncoverage from every outlet that wasn't being paid to talk about it. Gamer-sphere interest in the title seems nonexistent to me.
It not getting coverage by media isn't vitriol. I don't recall the narrative being well there's no room for this, it should have been cancelled, we are tired of hero shooters and al the other nonsense aimed at Concord, be honest about how both games were treated 🤔

Both were announced during the same State of Play yet only one was crucified upon arrival and continues to be getting jumped from all angles.

Just type in Concord on YouTube and look at the videos that will come up and type in Marvel Rivals

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It not getting coverage by media isn't vitriol. I don't recall the narrative being well there's no room for this, it should have been cancelled, we are tired of hero shooters and al the other nonsense aimed at Concord, be honest about how both games were treated 🤔

Both were announced during the same State of Play yet only one was crucified upon arrival and continues to be getting jumped from all angles.

Just type in Concord on YouTube and look at the videos that will come up and type in Marvel Rivals
Your first paragraph is exactly what I, and most sp gamers, feel about it. There's just no real interest in talking about it because its made by a shitty Chinese GaaS team that nobody's ever heard of before.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Your first paragraph is exactly what I, and most sp gamers, feel about it. There's just no real interest in talking about it because its made by a shitty Chinese GaaS team that nobody's ever heard of before.
Still refusing to acknowledge whaT I am saying I see.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah, because its fuckin' wrong.
There's nothing wrong about what I said. Everything I've said is literally stuff that has happened and still happening, you're Just fucking biased... Such a waste of time.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

MiyazakiLovesKojima

This game looks like a two pack of ass & I hope Firewall gets shuttered down for their arrogant approach to the community feedback these past several months.

Look at how Bloober Games took the fanbase feedback seriously & improved Silent Hill 2 Remake to the point where it is unanimously positively hyped for release.

Fuck Firewall & their gay ass political agenda with pronouns and disgusting character designs that are truly misanthropic 🤮

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Culture warriors mixed with Xbox fanatics and it being a new IP by a new studio with no previous fanbase to defend it.

And Sony fans being mad about GAAS games because they want Sony to only make single player games.

And people lumping it in with every orher GAAS game despite having no predatory microtransactions

It's an awesome game and I'm addicted to it. Level 30 now

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This game looks like a two pack of ass & I hope Firewall gets shuttered down for their arrogant approach to the community feedback these past several months.

Look at how Bloober Games took the fanbase feedback seriously & improved Silent Hill 2 Remake to the point where it is unanimously positively hyped for release.

Fuck Firewall & their gay ass political agenda with pronouns and disgusting character designs that are truly misanthropic 🤮
The game was debuted end of May and released 2 months later realistically nothing could have been changed even if they wanted to without significantly delaying the game which would not make financial sense since the game was fully polished and completed.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
We don't want GAAS
We don't want them expecially when there are already better and free alternatives
Everyone at Firewalk is unlikeable

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman
OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Talks of Sony sending their tech minions to help on the Donkey Kong game is a small sparkle in hopes they still got some eye for what works. Not enough to offset yet, let’s keep hoping.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I've read that psychologists have studied why people buy lottery tickets. It's actually not because people think they're going to win. The odds are way too small. People buy lotto tickets because it gives them the pleasurable feeling of thinking about what would happen if they win.

People have 100% certainty that they're going to change their thought patterns after a lotto purchase.

I think the same psychology applies here. Concord failing allows them to live in a preferred fantasy. They like to think, however wrongly, that Live Service market is crashing and PlayStation is going back to single player games focus.

It's much more fun to believe the lie, ignore Valorants console success, and pretend to believe Concord represents some end point for a trend they never liked.

It's a fantasy.
No one wants GaaS games of PS to fail my brother in christ, they want this particular game to fail because it is lazy, uninspired and a poster child for pandering to a crowd whom most people disdain on top of the virtue signalling drivel their devs spout on the internet.

Reactions: Gediminas

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
No-one is happy Concord is failing. We are happy the Woke culture is on it's return. And yes that should be celebrated.

It's actually sad that we've come to this point.

But everyone is happy that the shoved-down-our-throats Woke trend is dying. Concord was a sacrifice we were willing to accept.
Concord has DEI because it can. Not because it fits.

There is a BIG difference for when there is place for DEI content and when you build something around the whole Woke mindset. The latter is just wrong. Alienation your entire target audience and going for an audience that apparantly doesn't even play games?

Yeah going that way just shows how clueless the industry is.

Now if Concord had characters that appeal to a wider audience (NOT only the modern audience) we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The gameplay mechanics of Concord are fine. Graphics are fine. It's only butchered by laughably bad characters. And the characters are in your face non-stop. You can't ignore them and move on. And this is the part that people are not willing to accept and rightfully so.

Dustborn is another prime example of catering to the wrong people with the wrong mindset. And how did that game do? Yeah.....

This time the gaming community made a stand by finally and collectively voting with our wallets.

the dark knight joker GIF

They chose to listen to a small screaming group of mentally confused and entitled people and now they reap the "rewards" for it.

74d86be5-7357-4c06-b4cc-72efe8254d6e_text.gif

Last edited:

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
There's nothing wrong about what I said. Everything I've said is literally stuff that has happened and still happening, you're Just fucking biased... Such a waste of time.
In what parallel universe exactly? Or only in your head?

MiyazakiLovesKojima

No-one is happy Concord is failing. It's actually sad that we've come to this point.

But everyone is happy that the shoved-down-our-throats Woke trend is dying. Concord was a sacrifice we were willing to accept.
Concord has DEI because it can. Not because it fits. There is a BIG difference for when there is place for DEI content and when you build something around the whole Woke mindset. The latter is just wrong. Alienation your entire target audience and going for an audience that apparantly doesn't even play games?

Yeah going that way just shows how clueless the industry is.

Now if Concord had characters that appeal to a wider audience (NOT only the modern audience) we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The gameplay mechanics of Concord are fine. Graphics are fine. It's only butchered by laughably bad characters. And the characters are in you face non-stop. You can't ignore them and move on.

This time the gaming community made a stand by finally and collectively voting with our wallets.

the dark knight joker GIF
/Thread 🧵

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I am so confused now;
Up until now, I genuinely thought you were gay.

That god damn turtle neck does it to me everytime.

• haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Of course there are plenty, who is happy it is failling.
Would you blame them for it? I don't.
The walls of Jericho are crumbling and this is a good thing. BUT not for the people who worked on these titles and wasted their talents to push an agenda that's been enforced on them from higher up in the corporate foodchain. They could be out of a job for reasons they can't control. That shouldn't be celebrated.

But I get the sentiments.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yep hive minded.
Tbh, if Concord last as long as destructive all stars, with decent match making. Im good. Something i can pick up for a couple hours, few times a week. I think FP2 and PS+ will help that happen.
If they are really smart then change some character designs to just make everything so much easier
If they are really smart, cut the cost, shut down the game and let developers focus on developing something original, good and interesting.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The likelihood Sony give Firewalk another game to work on is incredibly slim. Firewalk’s debut game is the biggest flop in PlayStation history. They did not earn another chance.

Firewalk is gonna be shuttered or made into a support studio for Bungie and Blundell team leading Gummy Bears at Sony. Or get merged into blundell’s new studio altogether.

They bought the game and studio from Probably Monsters right?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters