Why is Insomniac Games Incapable of making a successful new IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rea

2 Jul 2022
Why Insomniac? There are countless studios which is worse.

Liam Neeson Ngapa GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They guy is entitled to his opinion and at least creates discussion, whoever changed that did it with extreme lack of taste.

Was it changed? I remember it being like this all day?
I mean look at the one gameplay trailer. There is a reason why they only made one gameplay trailer so far. It's pretty much a big expansion of the GOW 2018 game. Same game just more of it. Like Ghost of Tsushima and the Iki Island expansion.

What would you call Forza Horizon? Or Halo 2, 3, 4 and 5? Or GT7? Or any sequel for that matter?

Bo_Hazem

α
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Let's assume they stop making those super-hero games and Ratchet and Clank, which are some of the most successful games ever made in gaming history, who would do those? You know, you have multiple studios to make multiple games, so as long as they're doing successful games they should keep doing that and expand the teams eventually if they wanna try making some other new games in the process.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I want to live with in a world where the current output by Insomniac is the worst. Imagine how great every other game would be then. Sadly not everyone can produce both quality and quantity like Insomniac.

Plus the whole premise of this argument ignores the fact that Spider-man has been reimagined, given a different arc and story and is essentially a different world to the one in the comics.

It's like criticising Rocksteady for using Batman instead of making their own character.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Plus the whole premise of this argument ignores the fact that Spider-man has been reimagined, given a different arc and story and is essentially a different world to the one in the comics.

It's like criticising Rocksteady for using Batman instead of making their own character.
They created that unique character "Arkham Knight" 😉

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So you think Insomniac isn't struggling with making successful new IPs?
Even Bend Studio's terrible Days Gone game was more successful than Resistance or Sunset Overdrive.

Both were better than Days gone lol

OP
OP
Sleepy Brown

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Of all the studios you are going after the Kings lol
Op will have a Stroke when spidey 2 and wolverine release and whatever they are making
Spidey and Wolverine are Marvel IPs.
The thread is about Insomniac struggling to create their OWN successful IPs. New IPs. Like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted and The Last of Us.
All Insomniac has is Ratchet & Clank from the PS2 era. And now they use Marvel IPs. They are a Marvel factory right now. Working on IPs they don't own / didn't make.
Yeah, this thread makes no sense at all.
It does. Insomniac struggles to make their own successful IPs. That's why they're making Marvel games now.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Why was the title of the thread changed?

They guy is entitled to his opinion and at least creates discussion, whoever changed that did it with extreme lack of taste.
Diversity of thought is apparently a bad thing, sounds like a certain group of people I know politically.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Spidey and Wolverine are Marvel IPs.
The thread is about Insomniac struggling to create their OWN successful IPs. New IPs. Like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted and The Last of Us.
All Insomniac has is Ratchet & Clank from the PS2 era. And now they use Marvel IPs. They are a Marvel factory right now. Working on IPs they don't own / didn't make.
I don't get your point? Are talking about money here or the quality of the games?
Last time I checked every single game they release reviews pretty well and they are great.
So what you qualify as susseful?
Sunset overdrive is pretty much the best Microsoft exclusive. Unfortunately the xbone was a failure and there was nothing they could do the story would be different if was a playstation exclusive. Again you said buying Insomniac for 300mil was a mistake or scam when their first game is more successful than anything anyone could hope for.

You really make no sense. It's like you make bait threads without thinking through it lol

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Sleepy Brown

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
I don't get your point? Are talking about money here or the quality of the games?
Last time I checked every single game they release reviews pretty well and they are great.
Successful IPs. Sales. Look at Uncharted, TLOU, Horizon or Ghost of Tsushima. Selling 10 or 20 million copies when all is said and done.
Insomniac's big success is Spider-Man. But as soon as they try to make their own AAA IP they fail and go back to Ratchet & Clank.
They have a problem with creating their own big successful IPs. Fuse, Sunset Overdrive, Resistance... they all struggled to make money. Even though they had huge budgets and marketing campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.