Why the lack of attention to what Nintendo is up to?

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Did they make God of War? I'm not sure what games you think that Nintendo makes? Most if not all their games are barely AA games at best, both financially and in scope yet priced like AAA games. I love Nintendo and find it to be the best for my kids. I play Mario with them as well sometimes. It's just Nintendo is so outdated and not in the same era of the gaming industry, which is ok.

Would then man-up and bring a current gen console? Nope.
Bruh the post your are replying to is talking about influence on the industry!

You are confusing budget with influence. We don't know what the budget of Breath of The Wild and Tears of The Kingdom are but Death Stranding and Horizon Forbidden West had no problem what so ever adding climbing areas all over their open world maps after Breath of The Wild did. Both of those games are considered Triple A right?

God of War 2018 took a lot of inspiration from Dark Souls and the creator of Dark Souls considers Zelda the textbook of action games:
Also there is this:

Heck I love God of War 2018, But there are parts in it that remind me of Ocarina of time like that boat ride out of helheim I think it was?

The creator of Grand Theft Auto III says anyone who makes 3D games and say's they didn't borrow from Mario 64 and the N64 Zelda's is straight up lying: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/...ckstars-dan-houser-on-grand-theft-auto-v.html
and most would consider GTA 3 one of the most influential games of the 2000s. Now I don't know how true that statement is since I don't know if a game like Need For Speed: Underground 2 wouldn't of existed if it wasn't for Mario 64 or the N64 Zelda's? But I ain't a game dev.

However even in today's world Nintendo is still impressing game devs despite the much weaker hardware they are working with and you can be sure there will be more Nintendo copy cat games down the line:

Super Mario Galaxy is a 17 year old game and Astrobot had no problem what so ever using a lot of ideas that game did nearly 2 decades ago (Don't get me wrong, Astro does do a lot of creative stuff on it's own as well). Then again I guess astrobot doesn't count as Triple A and neither would Sackboy's big adventure which clearly took a hell of a lot of inspiration from Super Mario 3D world on the Wii U.

Just because Nintendo's game budgets are much more conservative than Sony's and Microsoft's doesn't mean they don't influence the industry and I would argue some of their games would still be considered Triple A (Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Xenoblade, Bayonetta 3).
Capcom makes Triple A games and their budgets aren't overblown like Sony or Microsoft's.
But let me guess if you ain't laying off hundreds if not thousands of employees in this year alone you ain't a triple A developer:

Then I guess you are right Nintendo doesn't have much influence on the industry since they aren't closing studios left and right and I hope Sony's and Microsoft's influence never gets to them.

Reactions: arvfab