Why the lack of attention to what Nintendo is up to?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
While I was busy wondering what is going on with RE9 I realized that now that we have a date with Monster Hunter Wilds if it has anything to do with the Switch 2?

It maybe be more that Capcom wants it out before the end of the fiscal year (March 31st, 2025.) but February 28th, 2025 is very close to the 8 year Anniversary of the Switch (I believe it is also the 8 Year Anniversary of Horizon Zero Dawn.) and it is heavily rumored the Switch 2 is coming out early next year as well.

Since Capcom didn't take PlayStations market deal this time around for Monster Hunter and even revealed it at The Game Awards instead of a PlayStation show and it won't be a PlayStation exclusive in Japan like Mounter hunter World was. I wonder if there is a chance Monster Hunter Wilds will be a Switch 2 launch title?
There is a series S version coming out so downgrading it enough to get on switch might not be impossible but then again I also doubt Capcom would want to waste any resources on a switch 2 port pre release to the PS5/Xbox/ and PC ports.
They might want to maximize double dippers for a later Switch 2 release.

A switch 2 coming out on February 28th, 2025 would be a bit weird but Switch was March 3rd, 2017 and PS2 was March 4th, 2000 in Japan.
3DS was February 26th, 2011 in Japan. Maybe February 28th, 2025 is Switch 2's release date?

Reactions: TrishaCat

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I've noticed there's an awful lot of threads talking about Microsoft, Xbox, and Xbox fans and the state of things for them. There's even a decent number of threads on games being ported to PC. But something I've found peculiar is that what Nintendo's doing doesn't really get a whole lot of attention here. Sure when there's major game announcements some of their stuff pops up, but generally yall are more interested in the goings on on the Xbox and PC side of things.

I know this forum is primarily made up of Sony and PlayStation fans, but that makes me all the more curious. Nintendo has historically been significantly more successful than Microsoft in the console market, and significantly more successful than Sony in the handheld market. With that in mind, why do yall give Xbox so much more attention? Is it the power disparity, where Nintendo consoles are usually significantly weaker, the fact that their marketing is generally more casual friendly or aims at younger audiences, or is it something else?

I'm not throwing shade, I just find it curious that Nintendo as a competitor isn't really considered in the purview of most Playstation fans here.
Because Nintendo is garbage. Nintendo is a lazy trash hole corporation. Its a corpse a husk that sells nostalgia to cladults and prays on prays. Their games are rehashed lazy trash and their hardware doesn't even try to keep pace with tech. Nintendo is the worse value in gaming and the most hostile to consumers despite doing the bare minimum they will still survive

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Because Nintendo is garbage. Nintendo is a lazy trash hole corporation. Its a corpse a husk that sells nostalgia to cladults and prays on prays. Their games are rehashed lazy trash and their hardware doesn't even try to keep pace with tech. Nintendo is the worse value in gaming and the most hostile to consumers despite doing the bare minimum they will still survive
looks like somebody forgot to eat their Wheaties this morning
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Hair GIF

• haha
Reactions: Banana
OP
OP
TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
saying this right after Echoes of Wisdom came out is wild
The hardware not keeping up with tech is a good thing, keeps things cheap. I don't wanna spend $700 on a video game console lol

OP
OP
TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
While I was busy wondering what is going on with RE9 I realized that now that we have a date with Monster Hunter Wilds if it has anything to do with the Switch 2?

It maybe be more that Capcom wants it out before the end of the fiscal year (March 31st, 2025.) but February 28th, 2025 is very close to the 8 year Anniversary of the Switch (I believe it is also the 8 Year Anniversary of Horizon Zero Dawn.) and it is heavily rumored the Switch 2 is coming out early next year as well.

Since Capcom didn't take PlayStations market deal this time around for Monster Hunter and even revealed it at The Game Awards instead of a PlayStation show and it won't be a PlayStation exclusive in Japan like Mounter hunter World was. I wonder if there is a chance Monster Hunter Wilds will be a Switch 2 launch title?
There is a series S version coming out so downgrading it enough to get on switch might not be impossible but then again I also doubt Capcom would want to waste any resources on a switch 2 port pre release to the PS5/Xbox/ and PC ports.
They might want to maximize double dippers for a later Switch 2 release.

A switch 2 coming out on February 28th, 2025 would be a bit weird but Switch was March 3rd, 2017 and PS2 was March 4th, 2000 in Japan.
3DS was February 26th, 2011 in Japan. Maybe February 28th, 2025 is Switch 2's release date?
I could def see this being the case. I've gotten the impression Capcom wants their Monster Hunter games on handhelds in particular.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
For me it's because they don't make difficult high skill ceiling games anymore. The last game I can think of that Nintendo released that was up my alley was F-Zero GX. It was hard as fuck and they didn't care if you finished it or not.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
This forum is for Playstation fanboys to cope. They know Nintendo = video games, so they focus their energy on xbox or pc.

Just view this as entertainment.