Will 2024 be the first year PS Studios don't release a new single player game?

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I believe XDev does a good amount of work on third party SIE published games. Their recent work anxiously being Rise of the Ronin. But they work on Stellar Blade, and probably Until Dawn remake.

And XDev is a Sony studio, I don't know if they have a physical work place or if they're a team that works across other studios though.

By big studios, if you mean Bend, Sucker Punch, or Bluepoint, you might be correct.

I don't expect Santamonica, Insomniac, Guerilla, or Naughty Dog to release a game this year at all, because they just released a game, and Naughty Dog just cancelled factions.
Yes. They have 1st party and 3rd party games covered.
What I mean is a game from the actual PS studios

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yes. They have 1st party and 3rd party games covered.
What I mean is a game from the actual PS studios

This year is definitely a wash for internal studio projects outside of pc ports.

Microsoft’s support of PlayStation this year will actually eclipse Sony’s own. Those are just the first 4 games released in the first 3 months of going third party. Microsoft will have another 4 ready for holiday.

Sony will actually be able to ride this year out again to massive success. I don’t think hardware will slow down much at all as a consequence either.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This year is definitely a wash for internal studio projects outside of pc ports.

Microsoft’s support of PlayStation this year will actually eclipse Sony’s own. Those are just the first 4 games released in the first 3 months of going third party. Microsoft will have another 4 ready for holiday.

Sony will actually be able to ride this year out again to massive success. I don’t think hardware will slow down much at all as a consequence either.

I think maybe Concord and maybe something like Astrobot might release this. I hope so.

There hardware is fine, obviously it gets boosts from PS studio games and news. But overall they will have a good year.

GTA6 will be huge for them next year ontop of all the other exclusives and big 3rd party games. Unless Switch 2 also has GTA6, then it will be a big momentum killer for PS5

Reactions: TigerFang

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Helldivers team is not part of the of the PS studios family. They flash that for alot of games they publish. They have not purchased Arrowhead yet. Fingers crossed they do buy them.

No Arrowhead.

They have no exclusive new single player games from those studios this year.

A first in 20 years, they have always done so in the last 20 years. Its not about me liking it or not, its true.

No New exclusive single player games, from the studios on that website lol.

Not yet, lets hope they have something up there sleeve for later on
PS is more busy porting there games to PC which isn’t there own platform nor storefront & there own platform/storefront is a dessert. It’s embarrassing PS fans now looking like Xbox fans shows how far PS has degraded over the span of 5 to 7 years then Sony is surprised the console isn’t showing growth like Nintendo & or the PC market is growing more then PS from my knowledge Steam doesnt ports CSGO, DOTA or Half Lyfe to PS lol & they themself have there own console the Steamdeck.

Looks like PS only new singleplayer game in 2024 will be the rumor Astro Bot eveything else is a remake or a remake done for a PC port or live service game. PS should be licensing ther ip like Nintendo ip like Jak & Daxter, R&C, Sly Cooper should be licensed to Toys for Bob while Team Asobi should massively invested & making them a AA powerhouse releasing a new AA game every year Team Asobi should make a new Ape Escape, Wild Arms & Gravity Rush or license those ip to Japanese studios like Level 5. Other ip like Killzone, inFAMOUS, Syphon Filter maybe Socom should be license or brought back & force Bend Studio & Sucker Punch to make sequels or reboot the franchise all 3 franchise are heavily underrated & has massive growth potential especially expanding it to TV shows, movies & animation imo

I would kill for a inFAMOUS TV show or animation

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Airbus and Kokoloko
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS should be licensing ther ip like Nintendo ip like Jak & Daxter, R&C, Sly Cooper should be licensed to Toys for Bob while Team Asobi should massively invested & making them a AA powerhouse releasing a new AA game every year Team Asobi should make a new Ape Escape, Wild Arms & Gravity Rush or license those ip to Japanese studios like Level 5. Other ip like Killzone, inFAMOUS, Syphon Filter maybe Socom should be license or brought back & force Bend Studio & Sucker Punch to make sequels or reboot the franchise all 3 franchise are heavily underrated & has massive growth potential especially expanding it to TV shows, movies & animation imo

InFAMOUS TV show or animation would kill

Yes to all this. Also add in Resistance :)
Studios like Sucker Punch, Bend and ND should have junior teams ( bringing in new talent ) that works on the older ips like Jak n Daxter, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Syphon Filter etc and everything else. They dont need AAA budgets and it will also teach new talent to work with these great studios

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It's absurd that we are halfway trough this gen and so many studios haven't even shown anything new.
Yuh even these sequels like SM2, GOW ragnarok & HFW don’t hit the same you can argue the previous titles where better & that can also be that those games where true exclusive it had that PS magic that you can only get by those games being truly exclusive to that platform Xbox once had that same magic in the 360 era & completely lost it when they did day 1 PC & Nintendo games would loose that same “magic” part of the experience playing a Nintendo game is playing on there own Nintendo hardware & knowing it was specifically built & is truly exclusive to that platform.

You even see more PS gamers open there horizon & open there eyes on the PS blog on the GOT pc port PS gamers notice how every game announce is a pc port & PS has no new announced singleplayer PS game for the current PS5 console from a first party. PS gamers criticizing how PS is devaluing there console & how they should’ve just invested in a PC since PS doesn’t truly has exclusive games therefore no longer really needing to buy a PS console to play PS games just wait a little & you can get it cheaper on PC save more money & have better performance + having the ability to play other platform games day 1.

I’m saying rn if PS6 isn’t a hybrid handheld & doesn’t massively increase there output of first party singleplayer games on PS console PS6 will sell less then PS5 & PS4 many people are looking to migrate to PC as it become the better platform to invest in the long run. If PS6 is another traditional box console PS6 is dead to PC/Steam & Nintendo PS doesn’t have the exclusive games to compete in hardware or storefronts funny how PS has slowly put themselves in the sand position as Xbox PS is just doing it much much slower & taking baby steps but gamers are definitely being aware & realizing how PC & Nintendo are becoming better platform w true exclusive atleast the conversation is starting to pop up something you didn’t see in the beginning of the PS4 or previous console gen like PS3, PS2, PS1 or PS Vita

Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yuh even these sequels like SM2, GOW ragnarok & HFW don’t hit the same you can argue the previous titles where better & that can also be that those games where true exclusive it had that PS magic that you can only get by those games being truly exclusive to that platform Xbox once had that same magic in the 360 era & completely lost it when they did day 1 PC & Nintendo games would loose that same “magic” part of the experience playing a Nintendo game is playing on there own Nintendo hardware & knowing it was specifically built & is truly exclusive to that platform.

You even see more PS gamers open there horizon & open there eyes on the PS blog on the GOT pc port PS gamers notice how every game announce is a pc port & PS has no new announced singleplayer PS game for the current PS5 console from a first party. PS gamers criticizing how PS is devaluing there console & how they should’ve just invested in a PC since PS doesn’t truly has exclusive games therefore no longer really needing to buy a PS console to play PS games just wait a little & you can get it cheaper on PC save more money & have better performance + having the ability to play other platform games day 1.

I’m saying rn if PS6 isn’t a hybrid handheld & doesn’t massively increase there output of first party singleplayer games on PS console PS6 will sell less then PS5 & PS4 many people are looking to migrate to PC as it become the better platform to invest in the long run. If PS6 is another traditional box console PS6 is dead to PC/Steam & Nintendo PS doesn’t have the exclusive games to compete in hardware or storefronts funny how PS has slowly put themselves in the sand position as Xbox PS is just doing it much much slower & taking baby steps but gamers are definitely being aware & realizing how PC & Nintendo are becoming better platform w true exclusive atleast the conversation is starting to pop up something you didn’t see in the beginning of the PS4 or previous console gen like PS3, PS2, PS1 or PS Vita

I really enjoyed GOWR, I think the Thor fight was anticlimatic but overall I loved the game and it was larger than the first which was perfect for me. More enemies, bosses, moves etc.

I think maybe HFW is gonna be a dud on PC and maybe this will make PS heads change there mind when it comes to the PC strategy. PC gamers just want to brag they have the games, they dont care for PS games otherwise they would of bought the console

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Concord & Helldivers are live service that released on PC day 1, Stella blade & Rise of Ronin are “2nd party” likely to release on PC at a later date. Gravity Rush, Until Dawn & GOW1 remake are only being remake to be ported to PC.

A new Astro bot looks to be the only 1st party singleplayer game this year & that will be AA. Only 1 first party game on PS console is crazy & it being AA.

It’s looking like Sony will port 5+ PS games to PC from what we know Gravity Rush, Until Dawn, GOW1, TLOU2, GOT1, GT7, Demon Souls in 2024 & GOW ragnarok, SM2 likely for 2025. Hell with them putting PSVR2 on PC PSVR2 games like Horizon VR will likely be ported to PC allowing Quest to play PSVR2 exclusive

People need to stop making excuses for PS lack of exclusive & first party output. PS fans looking like Xbox fan back in the day. In 2023 PS only had 1 AAA first party singleplayer game in 2024 it looks like PS will have 0 AAA first party singleplayer games & with the only first party release being Helldivers 2, Concord (live service PC day 1) & a new Astro Bot which will likely be a AA $50 game. Then Sony shareholders worry why there year over year downwards spiral after 4 years while Nintendo in its 7th year going strong still pulling numbers on par w PS5, Switch sales slowing down but still impressive & strong number on par w a PS5 who’s going year over year downwards in its 4th year
Is that right? Sony has sold over 21m PS5s this financial year, what were the Switch numbers? I think PS5 dropping from now on is pretty standard for consoles, it's more about how steep the decline is.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yes to all this. Also add in Resistance :)
Studios like Sucker Punch, Bend and ND should have junior teams ( bringing in new talent ) that works on the older ips like Jak n Daxter, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Syphon Filter etc and everything else. They dont need AAA budgets and it will also teach new talent to work with these great studios
Everything i agree

I always question why these ip are just laying in rest when they could be brought back & extract money of them. Why is Jak & Daxter & Sly Cooper dormant? You’re telling me a new entry wouldn’t sell 5+ million? R&C rift apart sold 4 million in the first what 6 to 12 month & made over 250 million in revenue/profit w a budget of 70 million. Why aren’t there junior teams in ND, Sucker Punch working in these platformer franchise they owned & been slept on for a decade which are universal family friendly ip. These are the ip you need to bring a young audience the same audience that allow you to make a park. Look at Nintendo because they strictly make universal family friendly ip they can easily build there own Disney world using Nintendo ip because kids & family’s would go call it “Nintendo land” or “Nintendo world” or sum shit like that. Nintendo can also expand to animation or any cross media because of there universal family friendly ip

A patopon successor is being made w a budget of 2 million Sony really can’t put a small budget to make a new patopon w a budget of 10 million & sell it for $40 these small unique games are what made PS unique & quirky. These small games really just need 10 million dollars to get started w a small team budget doesn’t has to pass anything over 70 million. I’d happily take a R&C game in the veins of a Mario, Sonic or Mega Man gimmie a 4 player online coop Ratchet & Clank game 3D side scrolling sandbox platformer that can be made in 3 years & sell it to me for $40 to $50 & I’ll happily take it if it’s quality

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You spread FUD.
No. Everythin I said is true.

Who’s directing the game? Who are the actual leads on the project? Ryan Ellis and Josh Hamrick? What’s their resume? What are they BEST known for?

You’re playing advertising PR BS. “From the makers of Halo and Destiny 1” when their career highlights are Destiny 2.
I didn't talk a them. I talked about the team, because two people don't make a AAA game.

Or are you still denying the Nvidia leak? That matter wasn’t cancelled. You call people flatearthers while being this forum’s best bullshit artist 😂
I hope you enjoyed Scalebound, Deracine or Bayonetta 3 plus the 2022 PC release of Gran Turismo 7. Some of the games included in that list. Much real.

Bungie filed the Matter trademark in 2018 and renewed it five years later in 2023. Tell me, why would they renew it if the game was supposed to be cancelled in 2022?

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Bungie filed the Matter trademark in 2018 and renewed it five years later in 2023. Tell me, why would they renew it if the game was supposed to be cancelled in 2022?

What you say is true but you clearly write “Destiny 1 and Halo” because you think it’s sounds better but the fact is that’s not what the leads on the game are best known for at all. This is a pr attempt and disingenuous but that’s what you do.

Also, you needed everything on that nvidia to be true. I remember the gymnastics done in that topic and it’s still hilarious now. It didn’t need to be. Plans change shit gets cancelled it was still pretty damn accurate.

Same thing goes with Matter. It was cancelled in 2020 as reported before the ign report and then attempted to resurrected in some other form. So the trademarks line up with all of that, which is anything corroborates IGN’s reports. They’ll probably try again but as of right now… nope.

You’re like Sony’s official press secretary. 😊

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

I think @Yurinka is right, Concord is very far along.

I agree Starfield will come this year, and maybe others too. However let's be real, MS is porting their back catalogue over the next couple of years before getting on to new games.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I really enjoyed GOWR, I think the Thor fight was anticlimatic but overall I loved the game and it was larger than the first which was perfect for me. More enemies, bosses, moves etc.

I think maybe HFW is gonna be a dud on PC and maybe this will make PS heads change there mind when it comes to the PC strategy. PC gamers just want to brag they have the games, they dont care for PS games otherwise they would of bought the console
I enjoyed GOWR to but it felt to long & dragged in the middle the ending was rushed should’ve definitely been a trilogy idk why they didn’t they could’ve made it a trilogy & made the 3rd game be a 10 hour fight & showcasing ragnarok they would’ve had to charge like $50 but I would’ve been fine if ragnarok was actually epic & not rushed & allowed the team to fully vision there story this is the issue w PS they could’ve done what I said & made the budget some where around 100 million or less but PS always to be so grand & 200+ million budget & 40 hours game w a bunch of fluff & fat (like days gone) just unnecessary spending & dragging the game just to cover “amount of time spend”

HFW is a dud notice how PS singleplayer games are doing worse & worse even as they get shorter timeframe from ports PC players simply don’t care for PS games or 3rd person action base game most PC player like live device or rpg like souls like medieval theme type of game or turn base jrps but even that the numbers of those jrps are small compared to the rpg w a bunch of quest options customization etc.

I expect GOWR to sell less & do less ccu then GOW 2018 & be around the 20K to 30K the fasad of “oh shit a PS game is on PC we need to buy it to check it out on our rigs” is fading fast. The only port that I can see do major numbers is GT7 because it’s a live service & the souls like bloodborne & demon souls but when they get back to porting the 3rd person action base games it will be low duds. Idk why they even bother w Sackboy which didn’t even broke 700 ccu it’s a shame & a spit to the PS fanbase, killing your console & PS identity to make chump change & that short term profit degraded & becoming smaller & smaller over time putting the PS core business at harm

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What you say is true but you clearly write “Destiny 1 and Halo” because you think it’s sounds better but the fact is that’s not what the leads on the game are best known for at all.
I say that because it's a fact that can be double checked. Go there and check the people working as senior, lead, expert, manager, director, producer, executives, etc.

There are many Bungie employees, many of them from the Halo or Destiny 1 days. In many cases, people who left Bungie in the early days of Destiny 2, when they broke up with Activision.

Also, you needed everything on that nvidia to be true. I remember the gymnastics done in that topic and it’s still hilarious now. It didn’t need to be. Plans change shit gets cancelled it was still pretty damn accurate.
Yes, plans sometimes change. But Yamauchi debunked to have worked or even to have plans of a PC port.
Both Microsoft and Platinum also debunked to be working to resurrect Scalebound. These projects and several other othes were made up, we have official confirmation that they never existed.

As I said, other were legit projects but you can't take for granted that games listed there were going to be released because we know it includes multiple fake entries.

Same thing goes with Matter. It was cancelled in 2020 as reported before the ign report and then attempted to resurrected in some other form. So the trademarks line up with all of that, which is anything corroborates IGN’s reports. They’ll probably try again but as of right now… nope.
The rumor quoted by IGN claims it was cancelled in 2020 but continued with some changes until got definetively cancelled in 2022. The trademark is from 2023, doesn't match with the rumor.

This is a pr attempt and disingenuous but that’s what you do.
You’re like a press secretary. 😊
As usual, after rejecting the factual data that shows what is real, when the gaming flatearther notices doesn't have any factual data to back the real ones, starts to insult.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I think maybe Concord and maybe something like Astrobot might release this. I hope so.

There hardware is fine, obviously it gets boosts from PS studio games and news. But overall they will have a good year.

GTA6 will be huge for them next year ontop of all the other exclusives and big 3rd party games. Unless Switch 2 also has GTA6, then it will be a big momentum killer for PS5
Astrobot game is very much welcomed, team asobi seems to be best at utilizing the dualsense.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I think @Yurinka is right, Concord is very far along.

I agree Starfield will come this year, and maybe others too. However let's be real, MS is porting their back catalogue over the next couple of years before getting on to new games.

Microsoft is in a similar situation. They’ve had bigger difficulties with internal software production than Sony. More layoffs. More missed targets and forced to keep a dying platform alive and a sub service that loses them money.

Hell, that’s why they bought Bethesda and Activision, to fill software releases since they dropped the ball and destroyed most of their internal devs not working on Forza.

The irony is that Microsoft’s desperation for actual profits have brought them to PlayStation. The timing is incredible as their backlog will do wonders to bolster ps5 catalog. I actually like this result best. MS being third party. It’ll be healthier for their studios… to actually be able to sell their games. Gamepass subsidization is a proven disaster for all game makers. Pro consumer sub my balls. Its nature will destroy studios… and killing studios is anti-gamer. So this pro consumer stance can lick my salty nuts. It leads to death. That’s a shit idea

The only issue is there’s no one to really challenge Sony right now unless Nintendo somehow enters home console business again or Apple finally takes a swing. Sony might cruise this generation to a massive victory and have killed off their competition… by kinda doing nothing.

Reactions: Hezekiah