Will Concord be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop (Poll)

Will Concord be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop

• Hit

• Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
đź‘€

Will likely get more gameplay & details from including game price & beta at Summer Game Fest since they’ve said there will be more details in the upcoming weeks

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Obviously yes. Concord will either be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop. I hardly see any other possibility.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Anything Sony announces always gets attacked no matter what (like Stellar Blade recently) so it's always hard to predict how the general public will react when they play it.

Maybe the Fortnite crowd, who are not as biased against Sony multiplayer push, will like it?

Most people here are 60 years old and dead inside, not really the target audience 🤷‍♂️

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Anything Sony announces always gets attacked no matter what (like Stellar Blade recently) so it's always hard to predict how the general public will react when they play it.

Maybe the Fortnite crowd, who are not as biased against Sony multiplayer push, will like it?

Most people here are 60 years old and dead inside, not really the target audience 🤷‍♂️
Fifty, not sixty ffs, get you're facts right.

I will let the dead inside slide, as that part is probably true.

old man relax GIF

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It won't be an Overwatch hit but it won't be a flop like Destruction Allstars. They'll make the money back on it and it will be a modest hit. The modest hit is if the game is priced similar to Helldivers 2 and not as a 70 bucks game. 70 bucks and it could be dead in the water. Ex Destiny devs so I doubt it will be an unplayable mess. If the devs learn from Kill the Justice League, it won't be a flop.

I won't be getting it as it doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a GaaS player.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
As much as I'm meh on the characters, if it nails the gameplay it will get a fanbase

The whole FPS genre is seriously lacking competition. Anything coming out and being good should have potential to succeed

Apex Legends is still considered a new comer and it's 5 years old that's how open the market is for something to come in

The biggest reason Helldivers 2 was a success is because multiplat gamers are starving for something new

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Please phrase you polls consistently.

"Will A or B happen?" should have "A" or "B" as options, not "Yes" or "No".

Rant over.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: CrackmanNL

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Since Overwatch 2 is in shambles, Valorant being only on PC (& not on Steam) and this seems more in line with the Crucible PVP this will also appeal to Destiny players. Compared to the other hero shooters the fidelity looks way better and I imagine Firewalk can deliver the same top of the line gunplay like Bungie. There is a clear market for this since there is a gap on (current-gen) console.

I am rooting for it cause imo the FPS genre this gen has been severely lacking. To be a hit it will rely on word of mouth so a 40 euro price entry would definitely help.

Poll is a bit unclear btw.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’ll sell more than FF7 Rebirth.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Most of Sony's announcements are similar to what XBOX did not so long ago.

I remember what hopes they had for the “FPS with a single from Remedy” and how it ended up being a disaster

Stellar Blade is a game from partners, so it was a dark horse

PS: When I was writing the post, I typed “Stellar Blade” into Google to check the spelling. The first search results were “When will Stellar Blade be released on PC???”, “Stellar Blade will be released soon on PC, don't rush to get PS5!!!”.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Don't care if it's a hit or flops, but this has flop written all over it

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Don't care if it's a hit or flops, but this has flop written all over it
Imagine if Sony charged $70 for it lmao, this will be their Suicide Squad. But pivoting to F2p wont help, it didnt help Destruction Allstars or Foamstars

I wonder how much it costs to develop

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I hope it will be a Hit
Not speaking about you obviously but this hope some posters here have that it fails is fucking strange. The sooner Sony have their GaaS going, they will have less pressure on the traditional studios to produce at an Insomniac level. If it fails, Sony will go to the well again with GaaS.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Imagine if Sony charged $70 for it lmao, this will be their Suicide Squad. But pivoting to F2p wont help, it didnt help Destruction Allstars or Foamstars

I wonder how much it costs to develop
Don't see how it's comparable to suicide squad at all

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
I think it depends on the price. The competitors like Valorant, OW2, Marvel Rivals are F2P. If they charge 70$ for it, it will be a flop even if it's the best PvP game ever made. But if it's around 30-40$ or F2P, it has a chance to become next hit.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Don't see how it's comparable to suicide squad at all
Suicide Squad received the same negativity before launch and look at it now, dead in the water. But Suicide Squad still looks 100x better than Concord

Not speaking about you obviously but this hope some posters here have that it fails is fucking strange. The sooner Sony have their GaaS going, they will have less pressure on the traditional studios to produce at an Insomniac level. If it fails, Sony will go to the well again with GaaS.
Nope, I don't want it to fail because it'll make Sony stop gaas. I want it to fail so it makes Sony realize they can't just throw billions at random studios to make some soulless lazy garbage and expect to succeed. They already makes a ton of money from live service....They have Destiny, MLB, Helldivers 2, and GT7 in first party offerings, and they make a ton of money from 3rd party games like Fortnite, CoD, Fifa, Genshin, etc. What's the rush?

They need to take their time to make a proper gaas that actually resonates with gamers instead of just pumping out trash. But they want to put forth the least amount of effort to make the most amount of money.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Suicide Squad received the same negativity before launch and look at it now, dead in the water. But Suicide Squad still looks 100x better than Concord

Nope, I don't want it to fail because it'll make Sony stop gaas. I want it to fail so it makes Sony realize they can't just throw billions at random studios to make some soulless lazy garbage and expect to succeed. They already makes a ton of money from live service....They have Destiny, MLB, Helldivers 2, and GT7 in first party offerings, and they make a ton of money from 3rd party games like Fortnite, CoD, Fifa, Genshin, etc. What's the rush?

They need to take their time to make a proper gaas that actually resonates with gamers instead of just pumping out trash. But they want to put forth the least amount of effort to make the most amount of money.
The game isn't out yet, you don't know if the gameplay is poor, no one does yet. We don't know how serious the roadmap is. If it's a Destruction Allstars then we know Sony learned nothing.