Will Concord be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop (Poll)

Will Concord be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop

• Hit

• Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Somewhere between between Foamstars and Suicide Squad. There is a market for this type of game, and the hero shooter genre could use refreshing, but this feels to copy pasta to pull in the numbers. Who knows - maybe there is a great mechanic to gameplay that will help it do better than Suicide Squad.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It will depend on pricing, post launch support and how in-game economy works. I hope Sony is pricing this well since they are going the paid route. The beta should have been launched publicly when the game was announced, they really set this game up to fail.

But I am hoping for it to be a hit, because I want to see them have more multiplayer hits under their belts as well. I enjoy multiplayer games and it's still an area they are lacking in.

Gameplay looks great as well.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Hoping Sony can start a trend of paid multiplayer with cheaper monetizing for the first year at the very least.

Idk about you guys but I think this game looks really good. Love a great arena shooter.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Suicide Squad received the same negativity before launch and look at it now, dead in the water. But Suicide Squad still looks 100x better than Concord

Nope, I don't want it to fail because it'll make Sony stop gaas. I want it to fail so it makes Sony realize they can't just throw billions at random studios to make some soulless lazy garbage and expect to succeed. They already makes a ton of money from live service....They have Destiny, MLB, Helldivers 2, and GT7 in first party offerings, and they make a ton of money from 3rd party games like Fortnite, CoD, Fifa, Genshin, etc. What's the rush?

They need to take their time to make a proper gaas that actually resonates with gamers instead of just pumping out trash. But they want to put forth the least amount of effort to make the most amount of money.
Suicide Squad negativity was 10x this

Suicide Squad negativity came from GAAS being arbitrarily shoved on a single player dev and the game being poorly designed for multiplayer. Additional negativity at release came from the disrespect to the DC IPs it was using. It also wasn't a PVP game and nobody cares for a short story based GAAS game with the promise of more chapters at some point

For all the diversity crap and cheesy writing in this game, we don't know how it will play. On the surface it looks like it could be a good PvP FPS

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony gets constantly hated and attacked in forums like this one, but they keep being super successful and breaking records.

Most Sony big games are successful, and the team behind this one has a great pedigree, they have many people who worked in different Bungie Halo games, Destiny 1 and Destiny 2, or in other top shooters like CoD. So the surprise would be not seeing this one become a hit.

We even saw games like Helldivers 2 or Stellar Blade in the top of NPD. So this one, being a FPS I'd say will be more successful than them.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Sony gets constantly hated and attacked in forums like this one, but they keep being super successful and breaking records.

Most Sony big games are successful, and the team behind this one has a great pedigree. So the surprise would be not seeing this one become a hit.

Thankfully you’re a breath of fresh air on this forum.

I’ll be supporting this game 100% because of all the ridiculous negativity surrounding it.

Most of it uncalled for.

2 Jul 2024
Suicide Squad received the same negativity before launch and look at it now, dead in the water. But Suicide Squad still looks 100x better than Concord

Nope, I don't want it to fail because it'll make Sony stop gaas. I want it to fail so it makes Sony realize they can't just throw billions at random studios to make some soulless lazy garbage and expect to succeed. They already makes a ton of money from live service....They have Destiny, MLB, Helldivers 2, and GT7 in first party offerings, and they make a ton of money from 3rd party games like Fortnite, CoD, Fifa, Genshin, etc. What's the rush?

They need to take their time to make a proper gaas that actually resonates with gamers instead of just pumping out trash. But they want to put forth the least amount of effort to make the most amount of money.
Almost everything has been tried to the minds and nobody knows what to make in a online multiplayer game anymore. The shooters will try any new shooters but will go back to their favorite daily time sink they are invested heavily in. The hack n slash looters will go try something new but once again go right back to where the players and their investment is already. I look at Wow and Everquest and millions are still playing bc they are invested and know the game. Less and less kids get born everyday now, and gaming is expensive for any family but most are single parent homes now and most arent stable enough or even lucky to have internet fast enough so something like this. And most of them play mobile games and free to play titles at the most. And then you look at the industry and everyone wants that steady money over a one time payout, so the market is flooded and shooting its own feet as the old saying goes. Only so many people love these games and everyone has a flavor they like better, taking the really small market and having them all spread out on these online games. and if they cost millions to make and you have to buy it and then it flops even at 20 bucks loss and the game not really reinventing anything new to make it stand out, your not going to pony up anything on the next one. And lord we have had them in the last 15 yrs that I cant even name them in the space I just typed out here. And why its true that if you going to do an online service game it better be top notch and ground breaking, the problem is in the talent creative side being mainly activists with no experience what so ever in the game industry and the CEO's pushing more of these in hopes they get a Fortnite. Just my take on it from 45 plus yrs in the industry and gamer myself still today. And I would also say that even if it wasnt spread out so thin as well with the online player base that they have, the world we live in today on top of expense is that its hard to even get 5 friends or decent players in a que, and that is what sucks the fun from most of these titles and makes devs and CEO's believe that people spend a lot of time on these games, when its usually spent waiting in ques for the matches or game to begin.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Almost everything has been tried to the minds and nobody knows what to make in an online multiplayer game anymore. The shooters will try any new shooters but will go back to their favorite daily time sink they are invested heavily in. The hack n slash looters will go try something new but once again go right back to where the players and their investment is already. I look at Wow and Everquest and millions are still playing bc they are invested and know the game. Less and less kids get born everyday now, and gaming is expensive for any family but most are single parent homes now and most arent stable enough or even lucky to have internet fast enough so something like this. And most of them play mobile games and free to play titles at the most. And then you look at the industry and everyone wants that steady money over a one time payout, so the market is flooded and shooting its own feet as the old saying goes. Only so many people love these games and everyone has a flavor they like better, taking the really small market and having them all spread out on these online games. and if they cost millions to make and you have to buy it and then it flops even at 20 bucks loss and the game not really reinventing anything new to make it stand out, your not going to pony up anything on the next one. And lord we have had them in the last 15 yrs that I cant even name them in the space I just typed out here. And why its true that if you going to do an online service game it better be top notch and ground breaking, the problem is in the talent creative side being mainly activists with no experience what so ever in the game industry and the CEO's pushing more of these in hopes they get a Fortnite. Just my take on it from 45 plus yrs in the industry and gamer myself still today. And I would also say that even if it wasnt spread out so thin as well with the online player base that they have, the world we live in today on top of expense is that its hard to even get 5 friends or decent players in a que, and that is what sucks the fun from most of these titles and makes devs and CEO's believe that people spend a lot of time on these games, when its usually spent waiting in ques for the matches or game to begin.
Exactly, very well said. It’s even dumber for Sony to fall for this trap and join the rat race when they should be focusing on increasing their install base and taking 30% from the idiots that choose to do gaas.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Suicide Squad negativity was 10x this

Suicide Squad negativity came from GAAS being arbitrarily shoved on a single player dev and the game being poorly designed for multiplayer. Additional negativity at release came from the disrespect to the DC IPs it was using. It also wasn't a PVP game and nobody cares for a short story based GAAS game with the promise of more chapters at some point

For all the diversity crap and cheesy writing in this game, we don't know how it will play. On the surface it looks like it could be a good PvP FPS
suicide squad has the ignominy of having the worst boss fights in the last decade

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Suicide Squad is also a bad game using a toxic dogshit IP. Not fair comparison or similar comparison honestly. One is PvP the other is a one and done co-op campaign with no endgame of depth; made by a team inexperienced with shooters and online games.

Do I think it’ll flop? Well…. Dunno man. I find Valorant and Overwatch just as cringe and unoriginal in its presentation and that hasn’t stopped either game from being huge. I may hate hero shooters but that doesn’t mean gamers won’t be receptive to it.

Much rather see this succeed than another braindead, lowest common denominator marvel, capeshit or Star Wars game being made.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Either way till try the beta and if I like it buy the game.
Its a new studio so lets see, now days people are experts on the game before even playing it

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
It still has a chance if it's good

I hate the cast but Valorant and Apex Legends is just as bad and is a smash hit

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It still has a chance if it's good

I hate the cast but Valorant and Apex Legends is just as bad and is a smash hit
Lol what? Not even close, those games actually have some decent character designs. Concord's characters look like they were made by HR employees that hate video games.