Will Halo Infinite survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Seeing what they are doing in forge is pretty amazing.
that wont help recoup numbers though...

OR as I have said before they will do a soft relaunch of the game once all the features that should have been there day 1 are complete.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
For what it is, I enjoy it. I can play with my cousins and brothers across platforms and TBH we don't really see any problems?

But let's be real, shooters have evolved and Destiny is the natural evolution of the formula. So much so that D1 was basically a fluke and not acknowledged

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That was nowhere NEAR the best campaign in this series. What a joke.
2962173-trlrky.gif

Reactions: DarkMage619

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The campaign was pretty good (aside from the bullet sponge enemies, and weapons running out of ammo every two seconds), but once I completed it there was nothing to keep me invested in the multiplayer.

There are just better games out there, and Halo is dying far quicker than anyone could have imagined.

• haha
Reactions: Bernd Lauert
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So if Bonobo was just a Bungie placeholder code… why the faux outrage?

Because 343 didn’t look at codenames to interpret which ones keyboard warriors would interpret as racist? (which in truth showcases their own disgusting racism). I mean I know they just copy and paste others peoples work so I don’t expect the effort.

Literally every error code Bungie uses seems to be named after animals. I’ve been weaseled and anteatered way too many times to know better.

Yo who’s the racist here!? LOL

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
So if Bonobo was just a Bungie placeholder code… why the faux outrage?

Because 343 didn’t look at codenames to interpret which ones keyboard warriors would interpret as racist? (which in truth showcases their own disgusting racism). I mean I know they just copy and paste others peoples work so I don’t expect the effort.

Literally every error code Bungie uses seems to be named after animals. I’ve been weaseled and anteatered way too many times to know better.

Yo who’s the racist here!? LOL
Honestly it is hard to be more racist than hearing bonobo and immediately thinking of black people.But that's woke culture for you, so eager to not be racist that they become the most racist peoples.I remember some activist claiming that maths were racists because black people were bad in it....How is that not racist?

Reactions: Vertigo

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Campaign is amazing.

MP gameplay is great but lag issues and lack of content is killing is with the casuals. Plus a bad leveling/unlock system. It reminds me a lot of the first Titanfall, which had incredible gameplay, but was limited on some content and had little to unlock so it wasn’t super popular.

Personally I’m ok with what they gave us so long as they just fix the lag issues. Let the casuals play their Fortnite and Destiny trash.

Reactions: DarkMage619

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I'm going to be honest here, everyone should be glad that it's dead for good, maybe MS will attempt to move on to something better (I doubt though).

• thinking_hard
Reactions: DynamiteCop

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I'm going to be honest here, everyone should be glad that it's dead for good, maybe MS will attempt to move on to something better (I doubt though).
Yeah there are much bigger FPS franchises - MS now has CoD and Doom, which are also better games (different types of games, but they can actually hold their audience).

Sony has Destiny, and whatever new IP Bungie is working. Plus they have Deviations Games' FPS which began development in January, and Firewalk Studio's multiplayer game.

Halo just isn't relevant anymore.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: nominedomine

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
yeah it's too late now, especially with the new cod on the way. wrap it up folks, get 343 to do something new. pull the plug on this failed project, save the money.
some more advice for MS:

-end halo infinite's online services, funnel everyone into MCC (For Steam).
-halt all forza development at both playground and turn 10 until you can show even a slice of fable up and running. It's been too long now.
-restructure coalition, retconn gears 4 and 5, return to marcus fenix era.
-Sell Double-Fine for a nice taco lunch and treat the other teams, that's the extent of their value.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Hey Malaka body count I’ve been keeping this topic somewhat coherent. Slow your role.

And as much as I absolutely enjoying shitting on O for 3 since they’re a cover band that plagiarized others peoples work… and still drop the ball…

I stand by saying a Halo BR experience from Creative Assembly could absolutely work. I dunno about if they can support it after launch because development bandwidth is an issue now…

That and … regardless of no f2p gsme coming back from something like this… Microsoft will no doubt continue to throw money at it to keep it going.

it looks like they’re rebuilding 343 entirely by staten’s design. Results might be far off but I also believe those rumors about another campaign dlc being two years away.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
No matchmaking for co-op. Still think this mode is going to be a complete dud and should’ve been cancelled. Build co-op from ground up next time. And a bunch of Chief clones running around is … stupid.

“Online matchmaking will not be available with final co-op,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesRadar.

“We encourage you to continue to use the Halo LFG and the new Discord voice call feature on Xbox to find players to party up with as you continue playing the beta.”

• haha
Reactions: nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
No matchmaking for co-op. Still think this mode is going to be a complete dud and should’ve been cancelled. Build co-op from ground up next time. And a bunch of Chief clones running around is … stupid.

“Online matchmaking will not be available with final co-op,” a Microsoft spokesperson told GamesRadar.

“We encourage you to continue to use the Halo LFG and the new Discord voice call feature on Xbox to find players to party up with as you continue playing the beta.”
It's pretty obvious why there won't be matchmaking for co-op, it would expose how low the player base is.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It's pretty obvious why there won't be matchmaking for co-op, it would expose how low the player base is.

I think the concern is actually joining a co-op game where your partner is just aimlessly doing jack shit. It would be a pretty miserable experience if you’re not on the same page. That’s unless it’s not some other issue. Otherwise i think the implementation would be easy.

Ghost Recon did something similar with the last two games for co-op. Did it once but didn’t find those games good anyway.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022

Why would there be matchmaking for co-op? It's literally never been a thing. I swear you guys just look for things to be outraged about.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Why would there be matchmaking for co-op? It's literally never been a thing. I swear you guys just look for things to be outraged about.

It’s literally a thing in every game.

Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.