• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Of course. We want newcomers. It’s just harder to compete against similar games that are veterans to the industry and have tons of content already there and still going very strong.

I failed to mention that in the hero shooter pile; outside of the BRs, Rainbow Six Siege seems to be the king of the mountain at the moment with Valorant growing and Overwatch sorta hanging on.

Had Valorant not had a surprise console launch Concord would clearly be better positioned.

It’s why I mentioned earlier that maybe things need to be at least untapped on console. Online players are definitely hungry for new games. There’s probably data somewhere to back that up but it seems clear to me there’s a want for new ideas and that we’re on the cusp of something transformational imo.

I’d kinda class Valorant separate to typical “hero shooters” like Overwatch.

Overwatch, Concord, Team Fortress 2, Marvel Rivals = Hero Shooter.

Valorant, Rainbow Six Seige, Counter Strike = Tactical Shooters. They have bomb defusing objectives etc as the main gameplay mechanic.

Just instead of classes with previous RB6 games, Rainbow 6 now has characters, instead of classes.
And Valorant is the same but has “Special/magical” powers per character. Which gives it that hero element to both games but they dont play like Overwatch, Concord, Marvel Rival etc.

Im sure Valorant will affect Concord, but they dont play the same. I couldn't get into Valorant, some cool specials but the objectives and gunplay isnt for me

https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/s/Su0uxrm7Et. Just a quick example

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Says the guy who accused me of not playing the beta when I said I didn’t like it.

You’re fence sitting and now setting up scenarios in which would guarantee a buy.

Plenty of people ask for roadmaps because most modern gamers are entitled clowns that want shit for free.

A roadmap would mean the game is successful enough to even provide that future content. It’s owed to no one.

At this point you’re not buying it. You’ve just been shilling for it. It’s funny. 😄
Figuratively asking if you've played something when the Beta thread was filled with bad faith characters isn't an accusation... You must have been bullied growing up if you take basic questions as a accusation.

But ignoring the fact i already made it clear I wasn't pre-ordering just shows you wanna be mad at my wallet. I don't need don't Pre-order. Something you apparently never cared about till now when a few idiots suddenly care.

I also haven't pre-ordered Astro Bot... maybe I shouldn't be allowed to used the avatar either in anticipation 🤣.

Crazy how I posted a comment in here of mine from way back in early June mentioning roadmap... One week after the game was revealed and again once again ignored... Because that doesn't play into your pathetic nerd narrative lol.

Yeah, I'm not buying it... I'll just be playing it when it's out 😏

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I’d kinda class Valorant separate to typical “hero shooters” like Overwatch.

Overwatch, Concord, Team Fortress 2, Marvel Rivals = Hero Shooter.

Valorant, Rainbow Six Seige, Counter Strike = Tactical Shooters. They have bomb defusing objectives etc as the main gameplay mechanic.

Just instead of classes with previous RB6 games, Rainbow 6 now has characters, instead of classes.
And Valorant is the same but has “Special/magical” powers per character. Which gives it that hero element to both games but they dont play like Overwatch, Concord, Marvel Rival etc.

Im sure Valorant will affect Concord, but they dont play the same. I couldn't get into Valorant, some cool specials but the objectives and gunplay isnt for me

https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/s/Su0uxrm7Et. Just a quick example
Valorant isn't gonna affect Concord for awhile since the game is pubicly available but still region locked in many markets until Riot van solved their server issues

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
the polling ends shortly before launch…

So far over 70% at icon era not buying the game at launch if ever.

Keep in mind that most forumgoers are outliers and notoriously hate online games and most things actually successful.

Still with that said… yowza

If launch ends up disastrous they’re going to have to pull an emergency lever and feature it as a permanent part of ps plus essential library. And that would need to happen almost immediately to make sure player population doesn’t go completely into the shitter and like sub 20k total a day.

Did they stop doing that? That was the best thing about telling your friends about buying a launch ps5 if they handnt owned a ps before. That starter collection was solid. Shame

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
the polling ends shortly before launch…

So far over 70% at icon era not buying the game at launch if ever.

Keep in mind that most forumgoers are outliers and notoriously hate online games and most things actually successful.

Still with that said… yowza

If launch ends up disastrous they’re going to have to pull an emergency lever and feature it as a permanent part of ps plus essential library. And that would need to happen almost immediately to make sure player population doesn’t go completely into the shitter and like sub 20k total a day.

Did they stop doing that? That was the best thing about telling your friends about buying a launch ps5 if they handnt owned a ps before. That starter collection was solid. Shame
Sony already counts that some of their games (in this case GaaS) will perform better than expected while other ones will perform worse than expected.

As an example, Helldivers 2 or Destiny The Final Shape may have performed better than expected while Destiny Lightfall or Concord may perform worse than expected.

Depending on the case they'll take the related actions needed to adapt themselves to the resutls. In case of GaaS like this one, if it performs worse than what they considered they'll reduce the future post launch support efforts for this game to the point their consider (may drop it totally if results are too bad as in Destruction AllStars or Firewall Ultra).

But very likely no matter of the results they'll have the content for the first few months already developed and ready at launch because even if the launch is too bad they might try to do some adjustments to fix it.

In this case, I don't think that the entry price it's the issue that make the most people reject the game. So I think that to make it F2P or to include it in PS+ would help. I think the issue is being too woke and uncharismatic specially regarding the cast of heroes and being too similar to other games.

Maybe this is solved in the final game with some great and unique game mode, who knows. It also would help adding as the first 4-6 post launch/DLC/unlockable characters (a handful of them being ready at launch) good looking, badass and charismatic heterosexual white male and female human characters, having them blonde, red haired and light brown hair.

Plus for a subset of mostly SP only players like me, the lack of a proper SP campaign makes us skip the game, but I assume this isn't really an issue for them because there are many MP only shooters that are very successful, and their idea is to focus on MP for this game, they have many other ones focused on SP. So I think they won't do a SP campaign and wouldn't have time to implement it fast soon after launch.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Sony already counts that some of their games (in this case GaaS) will perform better than expected while other ones will perform worse than expected.
Worse than expected performance is getting a B or C instead of an A, an F is generous in case of concord if we are being honest. This game should not have left the concept stage

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif

But serously i don't have a hate boner for this game like others, heroe shooters isn't something i'm interested in.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Worse than expected performance is getting a B or C instead of an A, an F is generous in case of concord if we are being honest. This game should not have left the concept stage
Nah, this is only your hate speaking.

The level of gameplay, visuals, audio, cinematics, art, animation, performance, online quality, game design, balance or UI etc. and general polish is more than solid, the pedigree of their devs from previous hits is noticiable.

Only needs more charismatic/appealing characters for the main demographics of the genre (too woke) and maybe some more uniqueness or something like that to make it standout and differentiate from competition and reference games.

We also have to wait for the final game to see how things like the other game modes, progression, monetization and so on are and how the game feels as a whole in the long run, not only playing a few hours in a short beta with limited content.

• they're_right_you_know

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The level of gameplay, visuals, audio, cinematics, art, animation, performance, online quality, game design, balance or UI etc. and general polish is more than solid, the pedigree of their devs in previous hits is noticiable.

Yeah. Im pretty happy with these parts. Its higher quality for sure.

Just the parts you mentioned that need work like characters designs and stuff

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

The level of gameplay
Oh ffs the gameplay is nothing to talk home about, its a 6 or a 7 at best in terms of shooting mechanics along with their sub par movement, the game has nothing unique except their weird ass passive stacking which is garbage game design, the maps are too big and all of them trash tier in terms of design. Sure the animations and technical aspects maybe good but anyone can do it if they spend 150+ million

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Oh ffs the gameplay is nothing to talk home about, its a 6 or a 7 at best in terms of shooting mechanics along with their sub par movement, the game has nothing unique except their weird ass passive stacking which is garbage game design, the maps are too big and all of them trash tier in terms of design. Sure the animations and technical aspects maybe good but anyone can do it if they spend 150+ million

The shooting mechanics and feel is as good as any others. It feels pretty similar to Destiny.
Compared to Valorant for me its much smoother and responsive. Not a 6 or 7

I doubt you played with more than a few characters before giving a full scoring review of 6-7 in terns of shooting mechanics. Movement is different with each character and per character it feels great. They have different jumps, dodges and actually movement and speed

And lol they cant. Many studios with big budgets dont get animations right. Not saying Concord is ND, but its pretty decent compared to alot of others

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why does every game need to do or be something unique lmao?

The game stands apart because plays more like the multiplayers of the golden years back during the 360 / PS3 than the modern day Hero Shooters. I mean it's fun, it never promised to reinvent the wheel nor does it need to?

A game can't be simply fun anymore?

• they're_right_you_know

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The game stands apart because plays more like the multiplayers of the golden years back during the 360 / PS3 than the modern day Hero Shooters. I mean it's fun, it never promised to reinvent the wheel nor does it need to?

Most games don’t bring anything unique.
I dont know uniqueness and receptiveness are ever issue if the gameplay is good

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Most games don’t bring anything unique.
I dont know uniqueness and receptiveness are ever issue if the gameplay is good
It's just a stupid talking point to attempt to knock down games they don't like, it's so dumb. Apparently making fun games aren't good enough anymore. Meanwhile if a dev does stray from formulas too much, gamers also throw a fit...

Gameplay is great, graphics is phenomenal, extremely polished. And that was just the beta. I just hope they maybe extend the round of matches a bit more and find some proper solutions to make people not Wana quit matches

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's just a stupid talking point to attempt to knock down games they don't like, it's so dumb. Apparently making fun games aren't good enough anymore. Meanwhile if a dev does stray from formulas too much, gamers also throw a fit...

Gameplay is great, graphics is phenomenal, extremely polished. And that was just the beta. I just hope they maybe extend the round of matches a bit more and find some proper solutions to make people not Wana quit matches

Yeah I hated reading those complaints for Bloodborne ( Its not much different to Dark Souls level design ). Or Ragnarok wasn't a sequel because it brought nothing new. ROR also, “It doesnt bring anything new to the open world genre”

• they're_right_you_know

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Come on, tell us the real reason you dont like Concord? Why beat around the bush? You consider it wok, end of story. That's your problem with the game. Such a shame, it's a great game.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Come on, tell us the real reason you dont like Concord? Why beat around the bush? You consider it wok, end of story. That's your problem with the game. Such a shame, it's a great game.
Careful they may say you are shilling and attacking people and also attempting to make people pledge allegiance to this game. 😅

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I'd say that more than being unique, to be successful games need to clearly standout in something compared to similar games.

Because there's a ton of competition there, so players need to see/have some reason to choose that game instead of other ones.

That doesn't mean that it has to do things very differently than the other ones. To do something in a similar way but with a certain different approach, or to do it in a way more polished way it also would help make players to prefer a specific game versus the other ones.

Same goes with recovering things current players like from old games that new games don't offer. Anything that help to make players find the game more appealing than other ones.