WIndows Central/Miles Dompier begging for more Japanese games on Xbox: "Why are major 3rd party games constantly skipping Xbox?"

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Most ridiculous thing ever. Not Nintendo bosses, not PS bosses but m$ winning awards, last place driver with empty gaming list, and shittiest practices 😂
The best part is he appears to have been given the award based on negotiating the Activision deal, in which he offered more than $20 BILLION over the value of the company, and which looks to be getting torpedoed.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The best part is he appears to have been given the award based on negotiating the Activision deal, in which he offered more than $20 BILLION over the value of the company, and which looks to be getting torpedoed.
Those types of awards are self submitted entries, he is a narcissist

P

peter42O

Well, after the situation with the Yakuza games, things aren't going to improve. People played the Yakuza games as they came to Gamepass, and didn't bother buying Like a Dragon or Lost Judgment on Xbox when those came out, so clearly, putting the games on gamepass DOES NOT convert to sales for new entries in series. It's a waste for the games to be ported, as MS has trained its fans NOT to buy games.

I did buy Lost Judgment as I enjoyed the first game. Didn't bother though with Like A Dragon as my turn based combat days are gone. Those games might not have sold gangbusters but still sold more than if they weren't on Xbox to begin with. :p

That's great to hear tbh. Now, if more people on Xbox did similar, we'd see that bear out in sales numbers in various markets. But I'm usually surprised at the splits being so against Xbox in even the Western territories where its strongest, outside of something like COD where I'm guessing say in America, the splits are probably closer to 35/65 or maybe even 40/60 instead of some of the 15/85 (or in other cases, larger) split favoring PlayStation (in terms of console sales at least).

I agree. In fairness though, it's not like people were buying games on Xbox before Game Pass. lol

24 Jun 2022
Decima is fully cross-platform, and KojiPro is a full licensee, so it isn’t really something you can totally rule out.

I didn't know that, news to my ears xD. That's cross-platform as in usable on other consoles, right? I guess that would make sense, though the hardware still matters when getting the most out of the engine.

It being on PS & PC is all I kept up with in terms of platform support TBH.

I'm not sure they all do it for free.

Well, the website's named Windows Central, this could be part of the infamous Ambassador Saga 😂

I agree. In fairness though, it's not like people were buying games on Xbox before Game Pass. lol

But at one point they were. Just go back to the 360 era. COD sales led on 360 by a huge margin. Sales in general were so good that MS got certain IP exclusive to them that whole gen like Dead Rising and Mass Effect.

You can trace the decline in software sales correlating with the drop in hardware sales and the drop in mainstream appeal and (subjectively) quality from game to game, and increasingly ineffective marketing. Then GamePass came in and just accelerated that depreciation in software sales in general.

I know you specifically still buy quite a few games even with being subbed to GamePass; sadly most people on GamePass don't seem to be doing that. Heck, quite a few aren't even paying that much for the service in general, and they aren't reinvesting that money into software purchases for Xbox (I've even seen a few say they play a game on GamePass and if they like it, go buy it on a PlayStation 4 or 5, or Switch or even PC).

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I didn't know that, news to my ears xD. That's cross-platform as in usable on other consoles, right? I guess that would make sense, though the hardware still matters when getting the most out of the engine.

It being on PS & PC is all I kept up with in terms of platform support TBH.

Well, the website's named Windows Central, this could be part of the infamous Ambassador Saga 😂

But at one point they were. Just go back to the 360 era. COD sales led on 360 by a huge margin. Sales in general were so good that MS got certain IP exclusive to them that whole gen like Dead Rising and Mass Effect.

You can trace the decline in software sales correlating with the drop in hardware sales and the drop in mainstream appeal and (subjectively) quality from game to game, and increasingly ineffective marketing. Then GamePass came in and just accelerated that depreciation in software sales in general.

I know you specifically still buy quite a few games even with being subbed to GamePass; sadly most people on GamePass don't seem to be doing that. Heck, quite a few aren't even paying that much for the service in general, and they aren't reinvesting that money into software purchases for Xbox (I've even seen a few say they play a game on GamePass and if they like it, go buy it on a PlayStation 4 or 5, or Switch or even PC).
The engine being ported to Windows makes it pretty easy to make a build for Xbox. Same environment in most ways.

P

peter42O

In fairness though, COD will always sell more on the platform that has the marketing deal and if there's extra perks like all the stuff Sony has for MW 2, it's definitely going to sell more on that respective platform.

Xbox One led to declined sales. But when I see games like RE 8, it's not much different than RE 7 which was before Game Pass. If anything, people especially PlayStation fans truly underestimate just how strong the PlayStation brand is worldwide.

I'm not subbed to Game Pass. I will subscribe for a month on January 2nd though so I can play the Lego Star Wars game (which I bought twice by the way, lol) and so I can tryout Monster Hunter Rise. If I really like Rise and get into it, then I will subscribe again in April/May to play through it. Dead Space Remake, Hogwarts Legacy, Scars Above, Star Wars: Jedi Survivor and Resident Evil 4 take priority though over the Game Pass games (Rise and Atomic Heart).

Yeah, a lot of people do that. Majority want to play the game where their friends are playing especially if it's an online co-op/multi-player game. Game Pass was a good deal for me the first time in 2019 when I did that upgrade trick. Since then, $10 monthly rentals. Weird thing is that after Halo Infinite campaign, I cancelled my subscription because I didn't want to get charged for the following month and because of that, they refunded my $10. So Halo infinite campaign was technically free for me. lmao. I didn't even want a refund or anything. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't get charged for the following month. Since then, I simply turn off recurring billing which solves both issues.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Dunno, ask Phil, he won a business award.

Was this the guy who gave him the award?

jim carrey monocle GIF

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty