With the recent R&C PC Port announcement, I guess it's safe to say there's a lot Sony held back on the latest PS showcase

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
News surfaced by both The Snitch and Tom Henderson that a bunch of games that are ready to be shown were held back on the PS Showcase, including the recently announced R&C Rift Apart PC port, as per the sources below:

and

FxCyax5WAAERhOf

So, people, The Snitch mentioned this port last friday.
Why has Sony held back? Why aren't they showing their cards?
Maybe they're saving this for the potential PS5 Pro reveal? I don't know but I can say that a lot of the concerned people (trolls or not) have no reason to be concerned.
Sony has a lot going on behind scenes and they'll show everything when they think they have to.
And, yes, I believe a new PS Showcase, not a State of Play, is coming in the next months.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
A lot more announcements like the Rift Apart PC port?

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

Pretty obvious why they didn't show this port announcement in that even, if would be a slap in the face of PlayStation owners.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
What would they be “holding back” other than games that a years away?

the PS showcase was a PS showcase, not a PC showcase.

Reactions: Zzero
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
What would they be “holding back” other than games that a years away?

the PS showcase was a PS showcase, not a PC showcase.
that’s the thing, isn’t it? We don’t know. But said content exists and they’re not showing.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I would assume because the games aren’t ready to be shown.
But they said they’re ready to. The videos are probably uploaded to the YouTube backend, which is how The Snitch and others get their leaks. They expected the games to show on the full showcase and they didn’t. And they don’t know why, neither do we.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
@Swift_Star

Don't bother with that shill. A mentally ill person in need of professional help. The news about the MS deal going past the deadline is gonna cause a massive meltdown for a lot of them.

About the topic. That reforge gaming guy mentioned that his theory is that Sony deosn;t feel the need to show anything because MS isn't doing much and that they're waiting for a move on MS' part to reveal stuff.

Whatever it is, screw it. It's a shit marketing move.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
@Swift_Star

Don't bother with that shill. A mentally ill person in need of professional help. The news about the MS deal going past the deadline is gonna cause a massive meltdown for a lot of them.

About the topic. That reforge gaming guy mentioned that his theory is that Sony deosn;t feel the need to show anything because MS isn't doing much and that they're waiting for a move on MS' part to reveal stuff.

Whatever it is, screw it. It's a shit marketing move.
I don’t disagree with you there. I’m on the camp that I rather know what is being worked on even if it’s years away then being left in the dark.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Even if God of War or Death Stranding 2 or Wolverine or Ghost of Tsushima 2 or Bend's next game are a long way out, they could've just done a CG trailer like they did for many of the new reveals. Of course these games could have been "shown" in some form.

The big story coming out of the showcase is we now have titles and at least some concept of what all the new playstation first party studios are doing. Unfortunately we also know Last of Us multiplayer is in some trouble. The rest of these games we'll see in time.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don’t disagree with you there. I’m on the camp that I rather know what is being worked on even if it’s years away then being left in the dark.
Same. The fanbase and industry was fine for decades just seeing a trailer and having to wait years for a release

Reactions: Swift_Star

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Even if God of War or Death Stranding 2 or Wolverine or Ghost of Tsushima 2 or Bend's next game are a long way out, they could've just done a CG trailer like they did for many of the new reveals. Of course these games could have been "shown" in some form.

The big story coming out of the showcase is we now have titles and at least some concept of what all the new playstation first party studios are doing. Unfortunately we also know Last of Us multiplayer is in some trouble. The rest of these games we'll see in time.
The truth is they don't need to announce their Single Player games via CGI. They have Final Fantasy 16 and if it reviews well, it will be massive for them. They have Spiderman 2. They are set this year with Single Player content.

Which is why I was confused why they'd do a showcase now instead of not waiting till after Spiderman 2.

They bowed to dumb online fanboys and paid the price with a self Inflicted wound and gave the Xbox Conference the biggest boost ever. The hype for this conference shot up by 150% thanks to Sony. And left them looking weak, out of touch. Eroded some good will, for what? To have the same dumb fanboys immediately demand another conference 🤣.

They announced Wolverine early for strategic reasons.

24 Jun 2022
I mean the question is what did they hold back? Was it more live-service/GaaS titles? Movie trailers? PC ports? Or traditional AA and AAA games?

Even if the latter, could any of those be Day 1 on PC just out of "reasons", or are they going to be actual exclusives to the console? If so what's the duration of that exclusivity timing?

It's kind of wild we have to ask these questions now when it comes to Sony/PlayStation, but it's basically gotten to that point.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Wait a second..... OP thought it was a good idea to use Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart going to PC as a crutch to damage control the showcase with "I'm more excited by what we didn't show!" argument with sprinkles of some sort of "holding back" conspiracy with a mix of "ABK deal" + "games are being made" narrative.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Xbox fans I seek your apology for I've shitted on you for way too long.

We were so focused on the Xbox brand that we missed the big fact that we have them here too, and many millions more. It's a disease of the brain... fanaticism with no checks.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I mean the question is what did they hold back? Was it more live-service/GaaS titles? Movie trailers? PC ports? Or traditional AA and AAA games?

Even if the latter, could any of those be Day 1 on PC just out of "reasons", or are they going to be actual exclusives to the console? If so what's the duration of that exclusivity timing?

It's kind of wild we have to ask these questions now when it comes to Sony/PlayStation, but it's basically gotten to that point.
Their current strategy of waiting until the last possible second to even acknowledge the existence of many of their first-party games is a bad one imo. They listened to the ones complaining last gen that they showed games too early and they shouldn't have.