With the recent R&C PC Port announcement, I guess it's safe to say there's a lot Sony held back on the latest PS showcase

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Turns out that not unlike Xbox fans, PlayStation fans were not serious people after all.
Doing mostly theatrics. I always knew the same disease that plagued Xbox fanboys is found in PlayStation fans - brand allegiance doesn't change that. I also knew there were many millions more in fact - that is, were the brand to take hits, the numbers that would eventually come to the brand's defense would be even greater.

It's a way of thinking by processing information in a particular way, with an explosive mix of fear and love. It's crazy to see everytime though, doesn't matter if it's an Xbox fan or PS fan. Case study for psychiatrist. What separated some of us in a sense was that we were able to see the train-wreck that was Xbox, with its leadership and direction and from afar some of us preached a manifesto of sorts to at least instill in the community a sense of code of what traditional gaming is about and what should not be rewarded or allowed. So in essence some of us played with our best poker faces and bluffed and we got called. I think it's safe to say that ultimately what wins are not those efforts but leverage, and we've little leverage when both players in the market decide to go in the same shitty direction - you can't play off each other you see. That's why I always harped about MS setting wrong precedents (sort of like giving permission) - you knew the fuckers at SIE would eventually follow them.

The quickness to which these PS fans are resorting to the same narratives Xbox fans have used and have been bashed for 10 years straight however.... even I'm a bit surprised at the speed. OP is well, a funny fellow to say the least.

And the pain is just getting started, as you know, PS5 will mostly coast. PS6 is where it's at. I can only imagine then what your average PS fanboy will be spouting, saying or how they behave by the second year of the PS6. Xbox fanboys are getting a run for their money.

Last edited:

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
HL: Alyx is coming to PSVR2

192.png

• Shake
Reactions: flaccidsnake
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Wait a second..... OP thought it was a good idea to use Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart going to PC as a crutch to damage control the showcase with "I'm more excited by what we didn't show!" argument with sprinkles of some sort of "holding back" conspiracy with a mix of "ABK deal" + "games are being made" narrative.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Xbox fans I seek your apology for I've shitted on you for way too long.

We were so focused on the Xbox brand that we missed the big fact that we have them here too, and many millions more. It's a disease of the brain... fanaticism with no checks.
That’s not what I’ve said at all? I’m saying the leakers said Sony held back showing stuff, including a pc port coming in July and said pc port was announced today proving the leakers are legit and that Sony has, indeed, held back on showing stuff on tha showcase, and we don’t know the reasons why.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Doing mostly theatrics. I always new the same disease that plagued Xbox fanboys is found in PlayStation fans - brand allegiance doesn't change that. I also knew there were many millions more in fact - that is, were the brand to take hits, the numbers that would eventually come to the brand's defense would be even greater.

It's a way of thinking by processing information in a particular sense, with an explosive mix of fear and love. It's crazy to see everytime though, doesn't matter if it's an Xbox fan or PS fan. Case study's for psychiatrist. The quickness to which they're resorting to the same narratives Xbox fans have used and have been bashed for 10 years straight however.... even I'm a bit surprised at the speed.
Bro, just wait for the games, they are coming. Any day now.

HL: Alyx is coming to PSVR2

192.png
Reality: Astrobot VR releasing for PC.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
No one shows everything they have. For sure sony is working on more new games and legacy PC ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzero

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don’t disagree with you there. I’m on the camp that I rather know what is being worked on even if it’s years away then being left in the dark.
I've said this countless times. Sony presentations are the way they are now because a few years ago during E3 some vocal minority started complaining about E3/Sony showing games that were a few years out. I never understood that thinking as part of E3 is just for that to show future games, not just games releasing within the year. Mind you Microsoft showed Sea of Thieves, Forza, etc year after year at consecutive E3's. It's complete bs and I dont know why Sony even listened. If anything Sony were the only company sometimes showing live Demos of their games e.g. When they showed Uncharted 2 on stage one time and ppl couldn't believe that was real. They did GOW like that too.

I like to see future games and their progress. I don't mind that at all.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Lol. Insider-gaming is a reverse source. If they say something, its actually less likely to be true.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The point is absolutely idiotic.

Of course Sony has more shit to show. Sony can have a showcase at the end of the year showing Rise of the Ronin footage, a Death Stranding 2 reveal teaser, a trailer for Blupoints project, Team Asobi's new game, a collage of indies and a couple more third party exclusive deals. And if such a showcase were to disappoint you know what else is also true? That the day after such a showcase Sony will still have even more shit to show... some Factions footage, maybe a Ghost of Tsushima trailer, Marathon, Concord etc... Sony will always have shit to show. Just like MS every year has shit to show.

That is not the core issue. The core issue is not a couple of withed trailers from some AAA bangers that if shown will suddenly appease everyone in PS nation and this shit showcase will then be forgotten and we all will get together and be a happy family forever again. How much of a simpleton do you have to be, or believe others are to think that that is the issue with this Showcase and not the direction and future of PlayStation under this leadership (thus a culmination of grievances and suspicion).... which goes beyond a game or two. I know for a fact some will bury the hatchet at a display of a couple of cheap parlor tricks by Sony but they're only lying to themselves cause they know deep down they are being had and got no choice.

As I said in my thread, you're either on board or out... sooner or later. No narrative's will be able to drown out those who are out and are vocal... they'll say their fuck you's as they go out. It's the natural course of things. Not every PlayStation fan is built the same and that is massively obvious.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Their current strategy of waiting until the last possible second to even acknowledge the existence of many of their first-party games is a bad one imo. They listened to the ones complaining last gen that they showed games too early and they shouldn't have.

I can understand why they stopped doing that to an extent; Dreams took way too long to come out (7 years after initial reveal), same with The Last Guardian.

But here's also the thing: console buyers are investors, in a sense. Companies like Sony have no issue showing years-out forecasts to shareholders, but they seem to become more and more defiant in showing console buyers what 1P they have cooking even if they're 2-3 years out. I don't understand the mentality to that, or why they're doing it that way. They just are.

I've said this countless times. Sony presentations are the way they are now because a few years ago during E3 some vocal minority started complaining about E3/Sony showing games that were a few years out. I never understood that thinking as part of E3 is just for that to show future games, not just games releasing within the year. Mind you Microsoft showed Sea of Thieves, Forza, etc year after year at consecutive E3's. It's complete bs and I dont know why Sony even listened. If anything Sony were the only company sometimes showing live Demos of their games e.g. When they showed Uncharted 2 on stage one time and ppl couldn't believe that was real. They did GOW like that too.

It was only ever a problem in very few situations that were particularly egregious, namely The Last Guardian and Dreams. Where I think the former basically came a decade (if not longer) after the reveal, the later seven years later.

But that's two out of many dozens of games. Not very many at all. Very sus of them to stop doing reveals for games at least 3 or so years out just because of two outliers.

Last edited:

Firefly

25 Jul 2022

Then why did they reveal wolverine which is beyond 2024. Why did they reveal KOTOR. Why did they reveal Havens new game when its obvious its not coming anytime soon. Sony didn't shift their strategy into not showing games 2+ years away. They have continued to do so, so i don't get this argument your making here?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Then why did they reveal wolverine which is beyond 2024. Why did they reveal KOTOR. Why did they reveal Havens new game when its obvious its not coming anytime soon. Sony didn't shift their strategy into not showing games 2+ years away. They have continued to do so, so i don't get this argument your making here?
I've heard it said that the Wolverine trailer was to attract new devs and get them to apply for a job at Insomniac. Who wouldn't want to work on a Wolverine game after all. KOTOR isn't their game and at the time they probably figured that it wouldn't have the problems it is having.

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
I've heard it said that the Wolverine trailer was to attract new devs and get them to apply for a job at Insomniac. Who wouldn't want to work on a Wolverine game after all. KOTOR isn't their game and at the time they probably figured that it wouldn't have the problems it is having.
Sony's is publishing the PS5 version of the game so yes they did choose to reveal it. We don't even know if the wolverine trailer was suppose to attract talent so its pointless to speculate about that.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Sony's is publishing the PS5 version of the game so yes they did choose to reveal it. We don't even know if the wolverine trailer was suppose to attract talent so its pointless to speculate about that.
That's what a lot of game trailers are for beyond just advertising, recruitment. Once again, they probably didnt expect KOTOR to have the issues it's having. You guys really need to calm down about the showcase, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I can understand why they stopped doing that to an extent; Dreams took way too long to come out (7 years after initial reveal), same with The Last Guardian.

But here's also the thing: console buyers are investors, in a sense. Companies like Sony have no issue showing years-out forecasts to shareholders, but they seem to become more and more defiant in showing console buyers what 1P they have cooking even if they're 2-3 years out. I don't understand the mentality to that, or why they're doing it that way. They just are.
They have to find some middle ground, imo. Too long is bad but too short is also bad.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nope! They definitely have and some devs such as guerilla and ND have said as much on Twitter in the past. So you think they didn't show anything else because they have nothing else to show? Thy could have showed an update of Wolverine, also some footage of Factions and other things regardless of what they are doing lately with it, etc..

Unless they are just saving it for second showcase.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Nope! They definitely have and some devs such as guerilla and ND have said as much on Twitter in the past. So you think they didn't show anything else because they have nothing else to show? Thy could have showed an update of Wolverine, also some footage of Factions and other things regardless of what they are doing lately with it, etc..

Unless they are just saving it for second showcase.
If the PS5 Pro is real, these will be revealed on said showcase, along with the new console.

Reactions: Gamernyc78