With the recent R&C PC Port announcement, I guess it's safe to say there's a lot Sony held back on the latest PS showcase

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Sony's is publishing the PS5 version of the game so yes they did choose to reveal it. We don't even know if the wolverine trailer was suppose to attract talent so its pointless to speculate about that.
They announced KOTOR strategically because they had just lost Starfield. Not comparable but it was definitely for that reason.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I hate Bethesda and have no hope for it but I hope that Starfield surprises and ends up being great and puts the fear of God into Sony and they start correcting their mistakes.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I hate Bethesda and have no hope for it but I hope that Starfield surprises and ends up being great and puts the fear of God into Sony and they start correcting their mistakes.
Why would Tht put the fear of God in Sony? With so many great games they have tht released already during ps5 era they don't need to fear they just need to keep steadily moving along. Microsoft are the ones that have to show and prove which thy hvnt done in like over a decade besides flight sim and Forza.

I also want Starfield to be good so Microsoft shows us good day 1 games will come to gamepass.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why would Tht put the fear of God in Sony? With so many great games they have tht released already during ps5 era they don't need to fear they just need to keep steadily moving along. Microsoft are the ones that have to show and prove which thy hvnt done in like over a decade besides flight sim and Forza.

I also want Starfield to be good so Microsoft shows us good day 1 games will come to gamepass.
The fear of God of finally having some direct competition besides PC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Sony should be fleshing out X-Dev and Visual Arts so they can also handle some of these 3rd party IP's. Imagine if Kotor was done in house. These are things they should also be striving for.

One of their biggest stumbles was gutting Sony Santa Monica last gen after they cancelled their Space IP. They were the ones who would handle a lot of outside games with Indies by bringing the projects in-house.

Imagine if they had a Ready At Dawn to help with these things.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Is nothing sacred anymore? Thr PC ports barely even sell that much anyways

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So, people, The Snitch mentioned this port last friday.
Why has Sony held back? Why aren't they showing their cards?
In the case of Ratchet, I assume because Sony considered it was better to focus the event on new PS5 and PSVR2 and leave the ports of old games for another day.

Regarding the other Sony announcements and trailers, for the games planned to be released in the next couple of years, pretty likely because wanted to save some stuff for the Summer Doritos Show, Gamescom, TGS, Game Awards or other State of Plays they may have in the middle.

Regarding 3rd party games to be released up to a couple of years from now, some of them may have their own show, some may be in the MS one, some in the Doritos shows or also may have been pushed back to be announced at Gamescom, TGS or other State of Plays spreaded around the year.

And the other games that are planned to be released more than 2 years in the future, they may think it's too early to start hyping them and/or that they aren't ready to be shown.

And, yes, I believe a new PS Showcase, not a State of Play, is coming in the next months.
I think they will only have State of Plays and may give a couple trailers for the Doritos Pope events.

Nah, dude, chill. We have plenty of evidence they held back in the showcase. The Snitch is not lying neither is saying things out of thin air.
True, the announcement we saw today proved that The Snitch knew his stuff. And keeps being the only leaker who never has been proven wrong.

And yes, they have a lot of upcoming games that weren't in the showcase but were already announced, or hinted in job offers, or that via different ways we know for a fact they are coming (things like the 'PS Studios has more than 25 games under development' statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony could be laid out on the floor and some of you would still be saying they are holding back.
Its either they are holding back, or games arent ready. Ill go with what I believe.

Its there queitest year since 2014 and probably before 2010 too for sure. I expect more from them 3rd year in.
Maybe they didnt expand there teams enough, in thats case they should have purchased more studios and 3rd party exclusives. With game developement taking longer, they havent managed it well. Unless we get some good news by the years end. I wouldnt be surprised of either outcome tbh.

But truth is they are nowhere near the floor. Wii U sold under 11Million and came back.
Xbox sells close to half of PS3 numbers now days and there current console is projecting the same as before. And Xbox has never sold more than the lowest selling PS ever. Only one of Nintendo’s Home only Consoles has ever sold more than a PS3.
I dont thnk PS will ever get as low as PS3 numbers unless MS is allowed to consume more publishers/IPs.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Maybe they didnt expand there teams enough, in thats case they should have purchased more studios and 3rd party exclusives.
That is the point. Failing to properly invest in the right things is exactly what made the Xbox so bad for the last 15 years and it's the type of error that is not easy to correct.

But truth is they are nowhere near the floor.
It was just a hypothetical to illustrate that some people will never admit when things aren't going well. So far things have been good but the future laid out by the showcase and the information they passed to investors doesn't not look good at all to me.

Reactions: Kokoloko