OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, Grummz. Known has MARK KERN who
Controversy: allegedly Pre-sold a $10,000 kickstarter pledge tier to a backer who he then banned from the game.
Second: was removed as CEO include squandering over a million dollars on a promotional bus for the Firefall game, which never functioned correctly and is widely regarded as a significant blunder.
Three: He was known has being one of the issues behind blizzard before he left in 2006, bullying, etc.
Four: It's not the first time he's got himself involved on something that a lot of attention on social media, for some reason he thinks it can bring him fans.
Last thing you should be doing is taking him serious.
Character assassination won't work. He has industry connection and he's one of the most important figure in Blizzard history. MS is literally trying to buy Blizzard.

The truth is out. Deal with it.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
200w.gif

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Controversy: allegedly Pre-sold a $10,000 kickstarter pledge tier to a backer who he then banned from the game.
Second: was removed as CEO include squandering over a million dollars on a promotional bus for the Firefall game, which never functioned correctly and is widely regarded as a significant blunder.
Three: He was known has being one of the issues behind blizzard before he left in 2006, bullying, etc.
Four: It's not the first time he's got himself involved on something that a lot of attention on social media, for some reason he thinks it can bring him fans.
And?
It doesn't nullify his tweet.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
ok good try my friend,take you 40 embassator points

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
What proof he has on the bot thing? Bots have been plaguing the internet every since the early days. It really isnt an Xbox thing.

But yeah, a lot of Xbox fans are paid to be fans, which i always found weird.

I would too if Microosft paid me money and games to like them on social media :ROFLMAO:

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
You conspiracy theorists! Astroturfing doesn't exist.

Reactions: KnittedKnight

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
And of course, conflating journalism with marketing is unthinkable.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I can see this being true. It's in how much XBox is praised relative to their user base on social media, the formation of narratives and scripts around things like Game Pass and the acquisitions, and the 'evil Sony' mantra. There's patterns that develop which make it stand out.

A good example is Game Pass. For quite some time, it absolutely dominated gaming discussion. There was the catchphrase (best deal in gaming), regular gushing about money saved, how developers loved it, how pro-consumer it was, how smart it was to put first-party on day one, and complaining that MS rivals didn't do it too. A lot of the claims made no sense, though - how games sell more when they're on the service, how developers loved it when it would cost them direct sales, how it was pro-consumer, the fact that putting games on day one would drastically decrease profitability, etc. Then, when MS was forced to admit it bleeds money, cannibalizes games sales, and developers stepped forward to criticize it - all that stopped. No use in continuing to spread lies when the truth is already out so that particular astroturfing campaign was scrapped.

It's all so organized with utterly clear motives. Though, I think along with bots there is a sizable portion of shills and paid media too.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
And this is definitely true. I remember them getting exposed for doing this on GAF? (Correct me if wrong).

The onlinr Xbox base is way too broad in scope for their not to be some astroturfing campaign.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And this is definitely true. I remember them getting exposed for doing this on GAF? (Correct me if wrong).

The onlinr Xbox base is way too broad in scope for their not to be some astroturfing campaign.
They already started this "evangelism" (as Phil calls it) back in 2014. GAF was a big deal back then and it was a breeding ground for xbots. It was all about making Phil a holy figure.

phil_spencer_effectxlkhf.png

• Informative
Reactions: pop and laynelane
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What the hell is this? 👀
The beginning of the Phil Spencer worship and religion. It started there and it grew until the consecration with Game Pass, then the propaganda was everywhere and every gaming community was infected by these zealots.

I wouldn't be surprised if people like Adamsapple literally masturbate thinking about Phil.