WSJ - PS5 61.7M, XBS 28.3M shipments (end of June 2024)

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Fuck yeah baby!!! Fuck all the mother fuckers who thought it was 3 to 1 worldwide. It's ONLY 2.2 - 1 or some such shit. lmfao

Joking aside, the 28m+ is better than I was expecting. Will probably end up at around 40m once the next Xbox console releases in Fall 2026.
This is very sad. It just sold 10k in a month in Europe. It's not sniffing another 10 mil in 2 years.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Fuck yeah baby!!! Fuck all the mother fuckers who thought it was 3 to 1 worldwide. It's ONLY 2.2 - 1 or some such shit. lmfao

Joking aside, the 28m+ is better than I was expecting. Will probably end up at around 40m once the next Xbox console releases in Fall 2026.
I don't see the Xbox reaching 40 million unless something goes seriously wrong over at PlayStation.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
This is very sad. It just sold 10k in a month in Europe. It's not sniffing another 10 mil in 2 years.

I don't see the Xbox reaching 40 million unless something goes seriously wrong over at PlayStation.

Xbox is averaging over 7m a year so it would be at 42m by the time the next Xbox console releases but we'll see. Whatever it sells, it sells. It doesn't matter. I own Series X and im very happy with it and im already looking forward to the next generation Xbox console in Fall 2026.

Reactions: YeezyDude

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Xbox is averaging over 7m a year so it would be at 42m by the time the next Xbox console releases but we'll see. Whatever it sells, it sells. It doesn't matter. I own Series X and im very happy with it and im already looking forward to the next generation Xbox console in Fall 2026.
Averaging 7m a year... Except this year is full of -30%+ yoy months

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Averaging 7m a year... Except this year is full of -30%+ yoy months

As of now, it's averaging 7m a year. But again, whatever it sells, it sells. I have a ton of games to play on my Xbox Series X and it isn't going anywhere until Microsoft releases their next generation console in Fall 2026.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
As of now, it's averaging 7m a year. But again, whatever it sells, it sells. I have a ton of games to play on my Xbox Series X and it isn't going anywhere until Microsoft releases their next generation console in Fall 2026.
Good luck with that. They're going to mothball the Xbox hardware division within 3 years.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Ayy man as long as you're happy so does nothing else matter... But if you do have or can afford other gaming systems/platforms then please get one or more of them to have all of the good stuff a gamer wants/needs! (y)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Ayy man as long as you're happy so does nothing else matter... But if you do have or can afford other gaming systems/platforms then please get one or more of them to have all of the good stuff a gamer wants/needs! (y)
I think he owns all the platforms, just has a preference for xbox

Reactions: peter42O

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Good luck with that. They're going to mothball the Xbox hardware division within 3 years.

I honestly thought the same six months ago but now, I don't because they simply too many studios and too many games. The true exclusive for Microsoft will become Game Pass which for someone like me who's all in with subscriptions, is great. I will easily sacrifice exclusivity in exchange for not having to buy games especially when nine out of ten times, they're a one and done for me.

Also, if Nadella didn't shut down the Xbox gaming division in Fall 2017 when he easily could have, there's no way he's going to do it now. Microsoft will simply be the platform where yeah, you can play few/some/most/all/whatever it will be games on other platforms but you'll have to buy them. I believe that both Microsoft in 2026 and Sony in 2028 go all digital which means there are no trade ins, no lending out discs, limited refunds on Xbox, no refunds on PlayStation which in turn will make Game Pass look even better because now, it's either spend $70+ on every game that a person wants to play from Microsoft or play via Game Pass. I also believe that both will eliminate game sharing once all digital is in place.

So if anything, I believe that their gaming division and their hardware is more solid now than it was before because they're going to have all this extra revenue from other platforms that they weren't obviously getting before. Also, if Microsoft acquires more studios/publishers and yes, I do believe that they will at some point within the next few years, that will add even more to Game Pass. But we'll see what happens.

All I know for sure is next gen Xbox in Fall 2026 is day one for me. And if it releases with an Xbox portable along side it and the games are Gears of War: E-Day, Perfect Dark and COD 2026, I will be very pleased and happy as a gamer/consumer. 😂

I own an Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Also waiting on Switch 2. I prefer Xbox but still play PlayStation 5. Already four games this year for PS5, currently playing Black Myth Wukong but 14 hours to get to Chapter 2, level 32 if I remember correctly and every boss fight is a pain in the ass plus fuck those archers. 50/50 on going back to Granblue Fantasy Relink as well as buying Ys X: Nordics and Reynatis. Have looked at Trails Through Daybreak but don't like the combat system so im very hesitant on buying that one. Also own Ys IX: Monstrom Nox and Valkyrie Elysium (played day one on hard, got to the final boss and couldn't beat him for shit) which im 50/50 in regards to going back to. And I still have the HFW and FF XVI expansions to get to.

If anything, I have too many games to play overall and this is before Switch 2 comes into play. lol

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I think he owns all the platforms, just has a preference for xbox
Yeah I think he posted about having a PS5... But I was wondering how much he games on other platforms besides Xbox though 🤷‍♂️

@peter42O Ahh you got all of the good stuff then... Well I guess you've a lot of amazing games to look forward to then and you won't be missing out on any of the must have games for sure! (y)

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

If you think that's good, than you, Xbox fandom have a really big problem.

• haha
Reactions: Landiri

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yeah, this makes the fake narrative even worse.

There wasn't fake news. PS5 outsold Xbox 3 : 1 in last 12 months and that was narrative in last 12 months. There was a +50 mil. PS5 and 20ish mil. XSeries since launch. Anyone with basic math knows that it is not 3 :1. But, like i've said, narrative was in last 12 months that PS5 outsold XSeries 3 :1 globally. Still is NOT 3 :1 LTD.

Reactions: Bryank75

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Just be happy, that he can read and write 😂

And you are asking math, what's wrong with you 😂
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
The gap is widening each month.

This isn’t news for Phil and co either, which is why they have dropped the pretenses and now PlayStation is their friend.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023

The problem is that the average is going down fast.

Next gen by fall of 26? 🤣 You mean the handheld?

Because the brand doesn’t have the cache to start a new generation so soon. Next gen starts when PlayStation says so.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters