XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK |UP| Viewing information found within.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You loved it but it was a chore? 😛
I loved the atmosphere, graphics and the overall vibe. the poem when you find Dillon is amazing.
But playing it was an annoying chore... I hated the repetitive puzzles and combat. It dragged despite being short

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's probably not feasible for MachineGames and/or Xbox to sink in as more money into Indy. Xbox has less consoles in the market and Indy isn't a hot IP as it used to be.

Wiki says 120 as of 2020, so probably around 130~ probably. Smaller than most triple A PlayStation studios.
But the real difference is just how much more outsourcing is being used by the bigger tentpole PlayStation titles

MobyGames Credits says 2.7k for GoW Ragnarok (1758 for GoW 2018).

Which also explains the slides about the current ballooning costs of some of the cross-gen/current gen games we've seen from the Insomniac leaks. But not every project can justify this level of investment.

Edit: If you don't want to compromise on scope and/or length of development, you've got to field an army of workers.
Dude, Hellblade 2 has been in development since 2019 at least, so the budget for it is guaranteed to be huge just from the salaries over that protracted time, not to mention all the travel for “visual reference” trips, mo-cap time and other expenses.

Guaranteed the budget was on par with most of Sony’s first-party games these days.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I haven’t watched the show. Was FFVII Remake and FFVII Rebirth announced for Xbox?

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Looking at the reaction to this event I'm even more certain that Xbots have completely lost any connection to reality and are in complete denial.

There is no way that anyone was genuinely impressed or satisfied by Avowed and Indiana Jones.

Reactions: Dabaus and PS_ROCKS

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Looking at the reaction to this event I'm even more certain that Xbots have completely lost any connection to reality and are in complete denial.
There is no way that anyone was genuinely impressed or satisfied by Avowed and Indiana Jones.

Avowed doesn't surprise me because RPG nerds(like me) don't really care about production values at all.

But the Indy portion is odd, unless you're a fan of the IP, it didn't have anything great to show. The two things that I feel like it did correctly was the environmental art direction, which really looked close to the movies and the tone, none of those things help you with piercing the market.

These are things that the fans of the IP would go :

rick.jpg

Not something that would convince people to buy your console for an exclusive and/or convince your current userbase to give it a shot. Doubly so in Indy's case because the IP is for older men, it's not convincing the youths to give a shit at all.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Avowed doesn't surprise me because RPG nerds(like me) don't really care about production values at all.

But the Indy portion is odd, unless you're a fan of the IP, it didn't have anything great to show. The two things that I feel like it did correctly was the environmental art direction, which really looked close to the movies and the tone, none of those things help you with piercing the market.

These are things that the fans of the IP would go :

rick.jpg

Not something that would convince people to buy your console for an exclusive and/or convince your current userbase to give it a shot. Doubly so in Indy's case because the IP is for older men, it's not convincing the youths to give a shit at all.
What are RPG nerds? I've been playing RPGs since the 90s and I don't get the appeal of these TES-like games at all.

Every single aspect of the game seems poor and I played enough Pillars of Eternity to know the writing is not going to save it.

These studios have all the resources in the world why do they take so long to show up with these terrible looking games...

Gameplay looked putrid and nothing stood out other than the poor production value.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
What are RPG nerds?
I've been playing RPGs since the 90s and I don't get the appeal of these TES-like games at all.
Gameplay looked putrid and nothing stood out other than the poor production value.

Me? I've enjoyed and played RPG games with like 1% of the budget/production values of something like Avowed.
Y'know, the Russian/Ukranian/Slavic eurojank kind of RPGs, games that look and feel like they're from AA studio more than a decade ago(at the time of their release).

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Me? I've enjoyed and played RPG games with like 1% of the budget/production values of something like Avowed.
Y'know, the Russian/Ukranian/Slavic eurojank kind of RPGs, games that look and feel like they're from AA studio more than a decade ago(at the time of their release).
Junk then, what a great standard to judge MS games against.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Q1 barren
Indiana doesn't even have a release window, so most likely pushed to 2025.
2 AA mid as fuck

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Post of the thread. Articulates everything i was trying to say. Thank you.