XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK |UP| Viewing information found within.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Damn am I the only one that thinks Indy looked good? 😂😂😂

I'm glad that the game is 1st person, otherwise it'd just be another Tomb Raider and Uncharted clone, we don't need anymore of that. I'll be getting it on Steam
Xbox guys are going to attempt to make the argument that it outdoes Uncharted though, as ill-fated as the attempt would be.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I think it looked alright, but I imagine PlayStation folks would compare it to Uncharted and that's not a favourable comparison at all. Plus, seeing how folks reacted to Avowed, I think a lot here really don't like first person for anything that isn't a shooter :LOL:

I get it though, preferences are preferences.
Xbox guys are going to attempt to make the argument that it outdoes Uncharted though, as ill-fated as the attempt would be.
Anyone saying it looks better than Uncharted is lying. TBH comparing it to Uncharted is unfair, even if that was almost 8 years ago 😂🤣 I knew it'll never be on Uncharteds level, I'm just gonna appreciate it for what it is.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
And xbots called gow ragnarok a dlc... and they made 50h game in 4 years.

I can't imagine making 6 hours game for 6 years... like... jesus

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Xbox direct is the worst of the 3 console direct styles

its just developers wanking themselves over what they made without showing us why we should buy it

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This event explains why Phil Spencer is into hiding, the dude finally felt ashamed of his work.

This might be the first year that Xbox gets anything nominated for GoTY thanks to just sheer volume of releases, but I doubt any of them win.
Which one of their games are going to get nominated for GoTY? Please, tell me, I want to have it in writing.

• they're_right_you_know

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
i3P0BOW.jpg

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This event explains why Phil Spencer is into hiding, the dude finally felt ashamed of his work.

Which one of their games are going to get nominated for GoTY? Please, tell me, I want to have it in writing.
Lmao, trust me, I'm not hyping them up. I just think one of these games will make it on those lists at the end of the year if not enough other games score well enough this year.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Anyone saying it looks better than Uncharted is lying. TBH comparing it to Uncharted is unfair, even if that was almost 8 years ago 😂🤣 I knew it'll never be on Uncharteds level, I'm just gonna appreciate it for what it is.

It's probably not feasible for MachineGames and/or Xbox to sink in as more money into Indy. Xbox has less consoles in the market and Indy isn't a hot IP as it used to be.

Good point.

I'm curious now, how many staff have Ninja Theory got? Any ideas?

Wiki says 120 as of 2020, so probably around 130~ probably. Smaller than most triple A PlayStation studios.
But the real difference is just how much more outsourcing is being used by the bigger tentpole PlayStation titles

MobyGames Credits says 2.7k for GoW Ragnarok (1758 for GoW 2018).

Which also explains the slides about the current ballooning costs of some of the cross-gen/current gen games we've seen from the Insomniac leaks. But not every project can justify this level of investment.

Edit: If you don't want to compromise on scope and/or length of development, you've got to field an army of workers.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Lmao, trust me, I'm not hyping them up. I just think one of these games will make it on tose lists at the end of the year if not enough other games score well enough this year.
The only one that had a chance was Hellblade 2 but it turns out it's not even a full priced game and won't even get a disc version. It will just be sent to die as they don't seem to have any confidence in it.

But they were the 2022 MetaCritic Publisher of the Year! An honor that nobody gave a shit about before or after 2022!
Acording to Xbots Starfield would win GoTY 2022 and then GoTY 2023. :LOL:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
how i said, they perfectly distracted everyone from USA NUmbers and that Xbox is 3 out of 3 :D

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Damn am I the only one that thinks Indy looked good? 😂😂😂

I'm glad that the game is 1st person, otherwise it'd just be another Tomb Raider and Uncharted clone, we don't need anymore of that. I'll be getting it on Steam
Yeah I thought too. Having a strong narrative got me interested but those puzzles threw me off

Reactions: JAHGamer

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
hellblade 2.
6-8 hour, 50$, pretentious cinematic dressed as a game.
best we can hope for is that it's not as annoying to play as the first one. because I loved the first one but playing it was a chore.
Gp effect
You loved it but it was a chore? 😛

• noneofmybizz