XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK |UP| Viewing information found within.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
really? I mean, sure. It can still be awesome but that gameplay was stiff and boring.
Sersiously, looked like poor mans immortals of aveum... not to even say how much forspoken combat blasts the ass out of forspoken.
Immortals of aveum was a dud and by a unknow studio. Avowed looks better and it's set in the pillars universe

• haha
Reactions: Doncortez77

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I dont think sony need to respond to that but it would nice to know they have a single player game besides death stranding 2, in the works.

26 Nov 2023
Only Visions for me. Looks amazing. Quite annoying to see people on era dismiss the game completely coz of no Gamepass. But I expected nothing less.

Anyway, 2024 is gonna be a banger year

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Immortals of aveum was a dud and by a unknow studio. Avowed looks better and it's set in the pillars universe
Dud?! I don't care how it sold. I m sayin it looks better and is fucking awesome. Immrtals of aveum combat is really good.
Forspoken combat is even better and I am not joking.

Also, short 50$ game apparently... digital only.
Dude. it's just another walk-a-ton game and people had the balls to say it's in ballpark of sony ciematic games? dude. gow or uc4 are 20-30h games with so much gameplay it got nothing to do with cinematic gameplay.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Everything looked pretty solid. Indians Jones looks mid at BEST. I didn't have any hopes for this game

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
0/10, trash. Somehow far worse than even the most unacceptable Sony events, the bar for Xbox is extremely low and yet they never make it.

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
A lot of game pass fodder. You get what you pay for
hellblade 2.
6-8 hour, 50$, pretentious cinematic dressed as a game.
best we can hope for is that it's not as annoying to play as the first one. because I loved the first one but playing it was a chore.
Gp effect

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Dud?! I don't care how it sold. I m sayin it looks better and is fucking awesome. Immrtals of aveum combat is really good.
Forspoken combat is even better and I am not joking.

Also, short 50$ game apparently... digital only.
Dude. it's just another walk-a-ton game and people had the balls to say it's in ballpark of sony ciematic games? dude. gow or uc4 are 20-30h games with so much gameplay it got nothing to do with cinematic gameplay.

Yeah I'm not hyped for hell blade. I didnt even like the first one it was boring . Graphicly it looks amazing. Hell blade 2 is probably like 10 hours long.

I didn't like immortals at all but it's cool if you like it. That game almost made their studio shut down

Reactions: rofif

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Damn am I the only one that thinks Indy looked good? 😂😂😂

I'm glad that the game is 1st person, otherwise it'd just be another Tomb Raider and Uncharted clone, we don't need anymore of that. I'll be getting it on Steam

Reactions: SLB1904 and rofif

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022

I'm glad that the game is 1st person, otherwise it'd just be another Tomb Raider and Uncharted clone, we don't need anymore of that. I'll be getting it on Steam

No, you're not allowed to like things!

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Posted this elsewhere, but these are my thoughts about the whole thing, Pretty underwhelming showcase I feel.

Indy looks rough on the presentation side, which is always a big negative when it comes to these type of bigger budget adventure games. Only the environmental design and art direction is great, straight out of an Indy movie.
First person was a mistake, but adding some unpolished 3rd person moments just because is even worse on a presentation/prestige level.

Ara Untold, I don't know 4X players enough to speak on it. But it's no big game either way, it's not going to do much.

Hellblade 2 did not show proper gameplay and it's coming out in May, safe to say that it's not like there were big improvements in there or else they would've showcased it.

Avowed is exactly what most people thought an Obsidian fantasy RPG would look like.
I felt like graphically, it looked better than last showing. We also saw more environments and I feel like I get a better appreciation for the Art Direction the game was going for now.
At the same time, the combat is expectedly mid, but worse of all they didn't really showcase what you could do with it either. I felt like the sizzle reel we saw last time gave us an idea of many more spells and what you could actually do with a very easy to swap system they've shown. But they didn't show it themselves... again, we're going to see one of those X accounts do funky combos Day 1 and yet the official presentations for games never do showcase that level of interactivity.

As for Mana, well, as usual Japanese companies take too long to show things and keep talking about "the great and long history of this IP". Both Square-Enix and Capcom always add a few unnecessary minutes to any presentation because they want to talk about how cool this is, show don't tell, why haven't you learned that? Anyway, for what it is, it looks fine. The only thing is that they probably should've shown more of locales and maybe a few more snippets of higher level combat, because seeing the same basic hit combo when we've seen a few bigger attacks is not exciting to see for non-fans you're trying to convert.

I think it looked alright, but I imagine PlayStation folks would compare it to Uncharted and that's not a favourable comparison at all. Plus, seeing how folks reacted to Avowed, I think a lot here really don't like first person for anything that isn't a shooter :LOL:

I get it though, preferences are preferences.