Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
image.png

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It’s a way for them to talk to the Xbox community?

Think some people were under the illusion that MS would be doing this for the PlayStation and Nintendo fans…
If by “talk to the Xbox community” you mean gently destroy them 😂 then that’s what I expected. And if you’re going to destroy your fans feelings, it’s better to just rip the bandaid off and do it in a blog post.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Xbox will live on, but not in the form we used to know. Think, all of Xbox big execs are participating in this podcast. Why should the three of them participate in, if it’s no big announcement? If the rumours were wrong, a simple blog post would be sufficient.
Xbox will go 3rd Party.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I see no world where this is live. Hell, this may actually have multiple takes.

That said, I could be wrong.
I thought the same thing about it being at least scripted and edited ...

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it makes sense to do it in a podcast.

They will bring bad news to their fanboys maybe announcing that many of their games will be ported, maybe announcing a handful the first ports, plus saying again they'll continue releasing all Zenimax and Activision games on rival consoles (but maybe some Zenimax ones after a timed exclusive).

So need to take some time to properly explain why they do it, detailing the reasoning and (the part they are able to share) strategy behind it. And to cover in enough PR bullshit to reduce as much as possible the negativity and riots of their most crazy fanboys, probably lying again in some areas, like saying stuff like that they plan to support their console hardware in the long term even if they already decided that they are going to kill it.

Live or prerecorded
100% pre-recorded and verified by 4 PR teams and 5 lawyer teams.

no nadella and tim? Interesting.
They don't need to have the CEO of MS to say that they will bring their games to more platforms and maybe announcing a couple of ports. Natella already said that since 8 years ago in many interviews.

Xbox will live on, but not in the form we used to know. Think, all of Xbox big execs are participating in this podcast. Why should the three of them participate in, if it’s no big announcement? If the rumours were wrong, a simple blog post would be sufficient.
Xbox will go 3rd Party.
I don't see their head of propaganda Aaron Greenberg there. Let's hope the reason is that they fired him.
As a MS PR employee obviously Destin will say things are going to be fine.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
An announcement is what everyone expected, not a podcast. Seems like they were just teasing us to make us watch. Nothings changing, nothing to see here.
Why would they allow all the drama and negative headlines to fester if there was nothing significant happening?

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
If by “talk to the Xbox community” you mean gently destroy them 😂 then that’s what I expected. And if you’re going to destroy your fans feelings, it’s better to just rip the bandaid off and do it in a blog post.

That would make Xbox look unreasonable and like they don’t care about the community, which goes against the image they have been building.

An announcement is what everyone expected, not a podcast. Seems like they were just teasing us to make us watch. Nothings changing, nothing to see here.

Make us watch what? Nothing to see here? Lol

Some of you wanted MS to go out there and put a fuck you Xbox fans video or something. Or what, come out with a trailer for the PS fans. Man some of you need to actually think about how the business is run.