Xbox business Podcast Announced for February 15

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Only stupid people will fall for it, the ports will speak for themselves. Hi-fi Rush and SoT are already two unexpected ports and for some reason none of the Activision games made it to Gamepass.

It was during an interview that Phil Spencer introduced the idea that they don't believe making great games would ever allow them to beat their competitors, there is a lot of damage that could be done in a podcast.

Those games are already expected though. I see no one affected at all by those ports. I think they will mask all doom and gloom news. The podcast chill option cements that for me.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Those games are already expected though. I see no one affected at all by those ports. I think they will mask all doom and gloom news. The podcast chill option cements that for me.
Just because it leaked doesn't make the change in behavior any less important. MS going forward is open to any of their games to be PlayStation. Nobody will be surprised if any Xbox games makes it to PlayStation.

The Series consoles, a console that is selling worse than the Xbox One will now have even less momentum as MS can't even guarantee their games won't show up on PlayStation.

Major L for Xbox and Xbox fans, XBox is dead.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah I highly doubt it's an xbox/nintendo partnership like Warren is thinking. Pretty sure it was leaked nintendo was having a direct this month awhile ago.
Don't think he thinks it's a partnership. I would guess that they might comment on Hi Fi Rush hitting other platforms. So if it ends up in a Nintendo Direct, they can also comment on it the same day ... not a day before, not a day after.

All speculation.

JamieRose95

7 Feb 2024
Of course they will keep on for couple of days they will making more money doing this it's easily btw xbox podcast are in video format.

J

Joey Ravn

Just for clarity, this is going to be on the Official Xbox Podcast, which is released every Thursday and has a video version on YouTube.

I don't think it's meant to coincide with the rumored Nintendo Direct, unless they specifically postponed it from last week to this one to make it align with whatever Nintendo may be presenting on Thursday. Which would make sense, as Microsoft would have needed to coordinate with Nintendo (and Sony, I guess) if they are releasing their games on other platforms.

The problem with the podcast format is that a message that could have been conveyed in a 5-to-10 minute video will be stretched to an hour or so of platitudes. The format itself has a lot of noise that you don't get in a highly curated presentation. Unless, of course, they either decide to cut the podcast short or include the conversation between the "big three" as a section of the regular podcast. I don't think either option is good.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
All 3 of them around the table? Changes re coming 4 sure.

If PS5 was selling like the Series after the PS4 had sold like the Xbox One, and rumors about PlayStation going multiplatform set the internet ablaze, no denial, and Jim Ryan put out a tweet for a business update a week after that would eventually be announced as a podcast involving Jim Ryan, Herman Hulst and whoever else could be considered as top 3 people in charge, I wonder if anybody would be thinking “oh this means the rumors are false!”