Xbox considering "OEM" for their next console (confirmed legit)

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I mean, if any sensible company is looking at it, they will see that this is Microsoft freeing themselves of a high cost and still trying to keep all the benefits.

The manufacturers stand to gain very little really.
Makes you wonder why Sony wouldn't do the same.

Reactions: Infinity

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I have no reason to not believe this, but posting this on the 15th would've really helped lend credability to the claims.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
MS is looking for suckers to take off the losses from their books.
Are Dell suckers for making hardware and selling it? They're one of the top 100 companies in the world. MS is underrated as a hardware maker, but they're clearly not up to mass producing hardware for 50M+ users at slim margins. Arguably an OEM like Samsung or ASUS could be making a better and more profitable Playstation than Playstation.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Sounds about right for MS, they are not a hardware company, and dont want to be, xbox forces them to be a hw company.
Satya must want out of that shit so bad, just sell your software to people that already have the hardware, just like you do with windows.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
shhh Consoles are just computers that plug into a television and don't run an office suite. shhh

Man, I love sitting on my couch and pushing a button and immediately jumping to where I left off in my previous game session. No driver issues, no OS updates, no Antivirus warnings, no waiting for Windows to boot or shut down. Just gaming without concern about anything else. I gladly pay a subscription to keep the cheaters and creeps out when I play multiplayer games too.

If the outsourced Xbox can also do that, that’s a great proposition. Good luck selling for a resonable price, though.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, as many will say Sony are already a massive electronics company with all the suppliers and economies of scale in that area.... So why not?

They also can use tech research across different parts of the company.

Reactions: AshHunter216

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Man, I love sitting on my couch and pushing a button and immediately jumping to where I left off in my previous game session. No driver issues, no OS updates, no Antivirus warnings, no waiting for Windows to boot or shut down. Just gaming without concern about anything else. I gladly pay a subscription to keep the cheaters and creeps out when I play multiplayer games too.
vpavic_220210_5030_0054_Edit.jpg

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
According to a rumor that is circulating on Neogaf, Xbox / Microsoft may be considering using 3rd party hardware manufacturers to make their next console(s).

It may open up the platform to multiple hardware manufacturers.

It's unclear how this would work practically or if it would be popular with customers.
I call bullshit, this is just cope from Xtards.

It honestly makes zero sense from any angle, business wise.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Sony wont. They got tvs to sell and they are great at making hw. Some of the best talent work making consumer products for Sony, been that way for damn near a century.
they are great, they've got a lot of experience navigating the console hardware lifecycle with minor revisions, cost cutting, etc. maybe nobody can do it better. but it is still an intrinsically low margin business.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
PC fans lying.

they're jumping the gun talking about day-1, but that's the CEO of SONY talking about Playstation coming to PC. there are Icon posters who think Jim Ryan leaving mean his initiatives were rejected by leadership in Japan. It's not the case.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The return of the steam machine. Pc box optimizations will still be a nightmare for gamers.

I think it’s fine. Still see reasons for generations etc…

I’ll be sticking with PlayStation