Xbox content and services soars as Xbox hardware continues to collapse.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
1722376385-image.png

1722376162-image.png

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft is leaving the console market within the next 5 years, Valve will replace them with Steam Deck and Steam Console. Mark my words
100% agree. I think it might be sooner than 5 years, maybe not.

I also think, just like how 3rd party companies have been making, PC/Handheld hybrids since Valve release Steamdeck. When Valve do a Steam console, 3rd parties will again make there version that play Steam and Windows games.

I think thats the only presence MS will have in consoles. Windows gaming stores on this console like devices made by 3rd party that can play steam, windows games etc

They might release a generic console/pc hybrid themselves but that would be the most they do

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yep
360 was doing ok until kinnect+PS3 made a comeback. PC release was the start of the end for them
PC releases turned their box into an undesirable product, Halo, Gears and Forza, despite being their only AAA franchises for years, used to sell consoles for fans of these series, after they started putting games on PC a lot of people preffered to go to PC to play with unlimited frame-rates, better resolution... that's why i'm against Sony falling in the trap of releasing their TENTPOLE singleplayer games on PC, it completely turns their product into an undesirable platform to be in

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
No. It started during the second half of the 360 era, when MS stopped supporting the 360 with quality games and started losing market share. Enough with the revisionist history.
you can circle it around but the reality here is that Xbox became undesirable due to PC releases, if they continued to limit their franchises to their box they would at least sell consoles to Halo, Gears and Forza fans

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PC releases turned their box into an undesirable product, Halo, Gears and Forza, despite being their only AAA franchises for years, used to sell consoles for fans of these series, after they started putting games on PC a lot of people preffered to go to PC to play with unlimited frame-rates, better resolution... that's why i'm against Sony falling in the trap of releasing their TENTPOLE singleplayer games on PC, it completely turns their product into an undesirable platform to be in
Agreed. That generation Halo 3, Gears, Forza, RDR, Lost Odesey and a bunch of others all gave people a reason to buy a 360. RDR as in it wasnt on PC either.
They lost alot of people after that. Look at a certain forum and you can see certain posters were 360 guys aswell as pc guys or just 360. And now PC gamers.

Personally I think Sony still should keep everything to Playstation. Even MP games, but hey atm they are doing PC and I cant do anything about it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Atp I wonder if they'll cross 35m before pulling the plug. Big oof.

The rate they're selling hardware is end-of-gen Xbox One levels of bad.
I think the X/S can make the 35 million at end of gen, maybe with a bit of luck 40 million, but I don't think can do more, especially if the hardware continues to fall from quarter to quarter.

GTwwj5aWQAA3Ppf.png

ssF4WSz.png

Last edited:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Agreed. That generation Halo 3, Gears, Forza, RDR, Lost Odesey and a bunch of others all gave people a reason to buy a 360. RDR as in it wasnt on PC either.
They lost alot of people after that. Look at a certain forum and you can see certain posters were 360 guys aswell as pc guys or just 360. And now PC gamers.

Personally I think Sony still should keep everything to Playstation. Even MP games, but hey atm they are doing PC and I cant do anything about it.
they're insane to do this with absolutely no need for it, their hardware sells well, their software sells well... no reason for PC releases at all

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
they're insane to do this with absolutely no need for it, their hardware sells well, their software sells well... no reason for PC releases at all
Considering they’ve done it for generations and last gen was some of there best, if not there best selling 1st party studio games for them.
Yes, they dont need it to do it at all.

But not much we can do. Maybe when Valve and 3rd party start creating and releasing Steamdeck like “consoles”. That would also have access to windows gaming store. That would probably change Sony’s plans of releasing games on other platforms

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Considering they’ve done it for generations and last gen was some of there best, if not there best selling 1st party studio games for them.
Yes, they dont need it to do it at all.

But not much we can do. Maybe when Valve and 3rd party start creating and releasing Steamdeck like “consoles”. That would also have access to windows gaming store. That would probably change Sony’s plans of releasing games on other platforms
the next Xbox will have Steam on it, i wonder if these PlayStation games will be playable there...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
the next Xbox will have Steam on it, i wonder if these PlayStation games will be playable there...
Exactly.
Also valve in the console space. Theres no reason for Playstation to put there games on another “console” or handheld like Steamdeck if they have there own.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Won't, Sony simply will disallow it like with NGeforce; couldn't stream your PS library on Steam through the browser on Xbox.
The reason for Xbox to go Steam is simple: To not miss out on more game releases (with the current route), alleviate the headaches as a platform-holder & they are clearly incentivising their core base as much as possible not to go to PS5 but PC.

Their only profitable asset in gaming lost half a billion dollars.
And last quarter it lost 350 million. So combined they lost 850 million on ABK. They cut 1900 workers as well earlier this year.
It seems like a death spiral at this point.. if CoD declines even more after losing 50 million players and with the Xbox (and some of the PC) base being subsidised by GP. Idk will be interesting to see the figures at the end of the year.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Exactly.
Also valve in the console space. Theres no reason for Playstation to put there games on another “console” or handheld like Steamdeck if they have there own.
in my view, if Sony really wants to do this PC stuff, just do their own storefront/launcher and release it exclusevly there both their first party games and the third party games they sign exclusivity deals with, my problem with PC is that they're giving Steam too much power, they're already a monopoly on PC, if someone like MS goes and buys Valve, Sony would be giving money directly to MS, with their proprietary launcher they can charge the same price as the games on console, sell PS Plus and a lot of other stuff

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
remember: all of this started with PC releases
Incorrect. It came after Kinect hype wore off and Xbox had no identity in terms of software output after 2010. You cannot carry an entire GAMING platform without landmark GAMES.

As far as these results go. We already know what’s going to happen. They will sell a $1000 open platform, and go completely multiplatform from 2026 on. Activision acquired Xbox, in the end.