Xbox Era still claim Microsoft is planning Starfield PS5 launch. |UP| Insider says coming to PS5 in Nov/Dec. Other ips as well.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Snap128.jpg

Updated 3/6/24

Last edited by a moderator:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Imagine the event is Friday 😂 insiders, fanboys, they’re all gonna fight with each other. It’s at least gonna be entertaining

Uchi3123

18 Jun 2023
Canada
I doubt PlayStation players will lose any sleep if it doesn’t come to the platform. I put in almost 50 hours into the game and it was one of the most boring games I played in a while.

Traversal is terrible, gun combat is clunky, endless loading screens, exploration is underwhelming, unrewarding, and lacks variety. Enemy encounters are very repetitive. The story is nothing special and the companion characters are fucking annoying.

It was evident the game needed more time in the oven and shouldn’t have been released when it did. Sony and Nintendo would never have released their first party games in this state. Something this disappointing could’ve only truly have been released by Microsoft.

If you’re a PlayStation gamer, if it ever comes to the PS5, I’d wait for a sale. Do not pay full price for this junk.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I doubt PlayStation players will lose any sleep if it doesn’t come to the platform. I put in almost 50 hours into the game and it was one of the most boring games I played in a while.

Traversal is terrible, gun combat is clunky, endless loading screens, exploration is underwhelming, unrewarding, and lacks variety. Enemy encounters are very repetitive. The story is nothing special and the companion characters are fucking annoying.

It was evident the game needed more time in the oven and shouldn’t have been released when it did. Sony and Nintendo would never have released their first party games in this state. Something this disappointing could’ve only truly have been released by Microsoft.

If you’re a PlayStation gamer, if it ever comes to the PS5, I’d wait for a sale. Do not pay full price for this junk.
50h, damn, all I could stand were about 10h. I would much rather get punched in the face instead of playing more Starfield.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Shamalamalyn twist: Xbox series is dead, MS to suprise launch a new gen. New consoles are handheld dockable and a Pro-Series X all digital

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Xbox console business is a bust. Gamepass is too but they’re gonna keep trying for a bit to see if it does anything to help windows store vs steam.

I also assume the android route with consoles is probably true too. And it’ll probably run the windows store over Xbox.

And honestly… I can’t disagree with this approach tbh seeing where they’re at. Gamepass hurt them bad… it cannot sustain big budget game development and hurts games like Starfield when it would’ve made a ton more money just being sold without a rental model. Sorry Bethesda … here’s less money for your work than ever. Here’s less of a budget for your next game. Oh and pls fire 300 from your team. K thanks.

They’re better off third party.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried, even less surprised if they dont succeed with that bet again.
I just can't process MS trying to launch another console after the disaster that was the Series, who is going to buy it? Is there anyone satisfied with what the Series console have delivered?

Aside from the awful Series S, their problems this gen were not related to hardware at all.

• they're_right_you_know

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Xbox console business is a bust. Gamepass is too but they’re gonna keep trying for a bit to see if it does anything to help windows store vs steam.

I also assume the android route with consoles is probably true too. And it’ll probably run the windows store over Xbox.

And honestly… I can’t disagree with this approach tbh seeing where they’re at. Gamepass hurt them bad… it cannot sustain big budget game development and hurts games like Starfield when it would’ve made a ton more money just being sold without a rental model. Sorry Bethesda … here’s less money for your work than ever. Here’s less of a budget for your next game. Oh and pls fire 300 from your team. K thanks.

They’re better off third party.
The thing is PlayStation nor Nintendo will not let them publish games on their platforms with the Xbox or Game Pass branding. If Microsoft is going 3rd party the Xbox brand will essentially be dead rather they continue to make consoles or not.

• brain

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The thing is PlayStation nor Nintendo will not let them publish games on their platforms with the Xbox or Game Pass branding. If Microsoft is going 3rd party the Xbox brand will essentially be dead rather they continue to make consoles or not.

Good point and that is probably the main driver behind changing everything to MSFT rather than Xbox.

It's probably been ordered from the top with Xbox people not even understanding the significance of it.