Xbox Era still claim Microsoft is planning Starfield PS5 launch. |UP| Insider says coming to PS5 in Nov/Dec. Other ips as well.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to a user on Twitter named Silknight, Starfield is coming to PS5 on November/December.

He also says plans are even bigger for 2025, saying well estabilished IPs are coming to PlayStation This seems to be a trustworthy source:

He claimed that Ghost of Tsushima would be announced for PC on March 5th back in February 28th He corrected yesterday the announcement would be tomorrow:

He also says a Bloodborne Remake/Remaster is in the works but will take time

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They're already publishing their games on computers, and there's pretty strong indication they're looking to bring PS games to mobile. I generally agree with what you're saying (PS isn't publishing on Xbox), but there's the opening for MS to make an "Xbox" which is a PC that plays PC games, including by Sony. If MS is smart, they will end Xbox as a specific console release target and instead make Windows into a console gaming platform.
Sony said multiple times that that they have plans to bring their IPs to mobile, both via cloud (first time they mentioned it was in 2013) and via deals with dedicated, experienced and successful mobile gaming teams, both huge and small buotique teams. In addition to create and acquire intearnal SIE mobile gaming teams.

As with PC, their goal is to reach new players who never would buy a console, specially in some of the top grossing or fastest growing countries/markets in the world regarding gaming, such as China, India or LATAM.

You'll see Sony publishing mobile games by teams like Neon Koin/Savage and also games from people like NC Soft. and similar Asian big mobile gaming teams, some of which already announced deals with Sony.

Regarding MS yes, I'd bet their plan is to introduce a Windows UI optimized por PC handhelds and home console shaped PCs plugged to tvs. Somewhat like the MS Gaming (formerly known as Xbox) version of Steam Big Picture mode. Their next gen "consoles" (a home console shaped one very powerful, and a portable one) may be running this and their hardware maybe run by someone else. Plus everyone would be free to install that Windows on their PC handheld.

I think Sony first will release their PC PSN & mobile store and launchers, maybe with the strategy of having a single PSN for all platforms as already did with their own consoles and portables: you have a single user with the same friendlist, trophies, cloud saves, crossplay, crosssave, crossbuy between all plaforms (but when using their own store & launcher, not Steam/Epic/MS/Google/Apple ones).

He also says a Bloodborne Remake/Remaster is in the works but will take time

I also readed Miyazaki's interview where he says that he thinks to bring Bloodborne back now doesn't make sense but instead would make more sense to make a remake then next generation to have a better improvement (as seen in Demon's Souls).

So I'd expect a Bloodborne remake for the next gen, maybe at launch (which I'd bet would be November 2027).

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Neither Tom Warren nor XboxEra are backtracking, nor is SneakerSO. People like Jez flip flopping hard is no wonder, hell Jez first denied any of this was happening.

Tom Warren has said those who started backtracking didn’t know what was happening to begin with.

Now the silver lining being fought for is timed exclusivity, because they believe that somehow will preserve their fanboy status and will keep the community together, but the new narrative that PlayStation gamers will start buying Xbox games until they realize “Wait a minute, I will just buy an Xbox and GP instead of paying 70$ for every Xbox game” is another clueless, moronic, Hopium/copium sugar filled banana split diet that will once again look utterly dumb in hindsight. Do these content creators understand that games drop in price? That a PlayStation gamer might buy a couple of Xbox games, not all of them? They can’t even get their own userbase to buy their fucking games, which is why they came out with gamepass.

It’s time to start rejecting these bullshit narratives that go as far as making Xbox problems PlayStation problems.

Go ahead and keep injecting that copium into your veins and lock yourself to Xbox’s ecosystem while the rest of us take a clue and do better with our money.

Timdog knows whats coming. Nothing is changing, the decisions have been made and can't be reversed.

Xbox guys just need to be mentally ready. If they're not, it's gonna be hard.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
They're already publishing their games on computers, and there's pretty strong indication they're looking to bring PS games to mobile. I generally agree with what you're saying (PS isn't publishing on Xbox), but there's the opening for MS to make an "Xbox" which is a PC that plays PC games, including by Sony. If MS is smart, they will end Xbox as a specific console release target and instead make Windows into a console gaming platform.
And virtually no one will buy into it.

Yeona

29 Jul 2023
Also said he had credible sources the FF7 remake was coming to Xbox. He's been wrong on nearly everything he stated.

Lmao, yep. Speaking from experience here, publishers aren't stupid, they often layer information that they present to their tiers of employees, and it really isn't easy at all to get away with leaking things because the company -- ESPECIALLY companies as big as Microsoft -- absolutely have a very firm grasp on who knows what at any time.

They're shooting blanks, and if a few hit, psychologically that's what people will remember because of how unlikely it seems on the surface. They make use of vagueness and tone-setting to put forth what are called shotgun statements ("It's planned"; "It's in early stages") that are difficult or impossible to prove, and which are plausibly deniable if they don't come true.

ImAHeroToo and Dusk Golem are two other common offenders who do stuff like this. The latter's really good at it, because he's learned to present information in a way where he can just put out a claim, wait for reveals and then apply the claim to the revveal retroactively -- "a new game in a very well-known legacy franchise is coming!" is a freebie, because it will inevitably happen, and all you gotta do is say I told you so when it does.

He's learned to be that good with experience though, he's a lot more vague and careful now, because a couple years back he was gleefully talking about how CAPCOM was working on Resident Evil Revelations 3 featuring some character from Outbreak as a protagonist, which obviously never did nor will ever happen, and also his hinting about some new game developed by Sony Japan Studios which lmao. WOW that didn't age well now, did it?

This isn't a new concept. Charlatans have done this for fucking ages and this guy and his ilk are just the new-age gaming equivalent of it. There's actually not a lot of industry insiders at all, most of the ones you see online aren't real. They're cold-reading for attention.

For the record I also think that "Midori" person on Twitter who says her boyfriend is an industry insider from SEGA is also full of shit, and probably is just some subcontractor working for YouTube who has backend access to YouTube privated videos.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Kratos GIF

I would love a GOW game where you battle against Microsoft Execs with Bill Gates as the Final Boss on Epstein Island

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

I mean this was always guaranteed. Looks like the budget is fairly big for this game given some of the tech used. And it'll be 7-8 hours so most on Xbox will play on GamePass rather than pay $50.