Xbox FY24 Q2: Total Gaming Revenue (+49%), Content and Services Revenue (+61%) Hardware Revenue (+3%) / Xbox Gaming made $7.111B in revenue

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
YOY is an irrelevant comparison due to the addition of ABK. Next year we expect YOY declines, however, as ABK titles are released on GP and tank software sales revenue.
I don’t really think we’ll be seeing CoD day one on midpass.
MS would be REALLY dumb if they do it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Let's me understand...

Game Revenue grow 4%.
Content and Service revenue grow 6%.
Hardware revenue grow 3% (that means big % drop in units)

Everything else come from Activation Blizzard.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Activision carried lol.

Hardware going up is surprising though, it's been down year-over-year almost every single month this year
It is revenue...

This year based on Mat from NPD Series X is near 50% of the sales.
So the 3% revenue grow selling more expensive Xbox means they sold a good % less hardware this year than last year.

• Informative
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
this is quite an interesting predicament microsofts gaming division has run into. They are in way too deep on investments and they are generating some income but there’s just a huge amount of disinterest in their actual hardware and they still haven’t updated gamepass subs.

They are leaning almost 100% on ABK to generate net positive income

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
"On October 13, 2023, we completed our acquisition of Activision Blizzard for a total purchase price of $75.4 billion..."

Damn, so it was 6.4 billion more than the original 69 billion price.

You love to see it.

Still had operating loss, and now have thousands more employees to manage and pay to keep those revenues up, otherwise we'll see decline also.

Hardware decline YoY from now on (-40%).

No wonder they'll be a third party publisher.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They are expecting a -40% drop for hardware this quarter 😬

Did they stop manufacturing consoles? 🤭

Stopped? No

But severely limited.

I think one of their executives (possibly Hood) said they can save money by limiting hardware production.

I would call it a very slow wind down. If I can be so bold...

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The current talking point is "Everyone will leave console and go multiplatform, Xbox is just ahead of the curve!"
They are so full of themselves... despite 20 years of miserable failures in gaming and getting everything wrong they somehow think they know where things are headed.

Will they spend another $80B in acquisitions to hide how bad they are going when it all goes to shit again pretty soon?

What are you guys wearing to the xbox console funeral?
This should be it's own thread for tomorow State of Play just in case one of the Xbox ports show up. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be wearing a green Crash Bandicoot t-shirt.

Reactions: AshHunter216