Xbox is on track to knock Sony PlayStation down to third place for the first time in history

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The article is dumb.

Wait the financials first to see the revenue.
Because I never see a merge gives you the sum or two separate companies revenue.

Most of times a merge:

Old A + Old B > New AB

Reactions: Diah

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well both MS+ABK and Sony now will make around $25B/year aprox, but the market is >180B.

Doesn't this guy understand that Sony and Microsoft also compete in the hardware market, and that Microsoft buying overall market share has a direct impact on what's essentially a duopoly? I know chatgpt doesn't think that, but fuck me, how can someone be so dense?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Methodology is: Keep making stuff up.

Imagine just making a moron out of yourself like this. I'm being serious here. How can anyone do that to themselves?

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This reminds me of Derek Strickland's (@DeekeTweak) fake graph about Xbox and making more money than Sony. Even after he admitted he made a mistake, they still kept spreading it around. They don't care about the truth as long as it makes Sony look bad and Xbox look good. Does my head in, no matter how much I dislike Xbox I wouldn't feel comfortable spreading misinformation.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This reminds me of Derek Strickland's (@DeekeTweak) fake graph about Xbox and making more money than Sony. Even after he admitted he made a mistake, they still kept spreading it around. They don't care about the truth as long as it makes Sony look bad and Xbox look good. Does my head in, no matter how much I dislike Xbox I wouldn't feel comfortable spreading misinformation.
we even have people on this forum still posting that derek strickland image macro lol

• angry
Reactions: JAHGamer

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I am surprised so Many people here were thinking that Microsoft was just going to give up after buying acti-blizz. The profit surge aren’t surprising in the slightest.

Did you even read the thread before posting?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Imagine only needing to spend 80 BILLION dollars to beat Sony. Microsoft is beyond pathetic

Reactions: Diah

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Can’t see it not being true after merging so many major publishers. Was to be expected.

yet the Xbox eco system is a paltry player in comparison.

If Xbox decides to take another major hit and block more significant titles from ps can the game change slowly. Otherwise, they will basically be 3rd party.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Can’t see it not being true after merging so many major publishers. Was to be expected.

yet the Xbox eco system is a paltry player in comparison.

If Xbox decides to take another major hit and block more significant titles from ps can the game change slowly. Otherwise, they will basically be 3rd party.
Read the thread. Jez is full of it about Xbox being ahead of Playstation here.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Can basic logic not be used here? Thye did not make this purchase and expect no profits from it.
Profit is not the same as revenue.

They didn't just get Activision and all their revenue, they got all their expenses. MS is the one footing the bill for any of their next projects. That, coupled with GP day one releases, won't be profitable. Jezz, as always, is cooking numbers to make it look impressive.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
A reminder that Microsoft is forecasting a DECLINE in the combined Xbox and ABK biz. They will do worse together than separately, with Xbox dragging down everyone else around them.

That'll decline even further when they add COD to GP or try to make games exclusive, and mismanage studios.