Xbox podcasters discuss the inevitable end of Xbox hardware (next 5 years) - Defining Duke

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Perhaps planting seeds just in case? I do genuinely fear some of these Xbots will commit acts of violence if their little cult icon is diminished enough.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Incredible rare form of discussion coming from Defining Duke, these guys are basically just nutting each other and Xbox weekly. Cog is bottom of the barrel warrior too.
I lurk on gaf and appreciate your posts.

Believe it or not cog is one of the cooler heads on the iron lords. David and addict are intolerable. And of course that’s who Xbox marketing depends on.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Believe it or not cog is one of the cooler heads on the iron lords. David and addict are intolerable. And of course that’s who Xbox marketing depends on.
Cog is less brash/combative than david but he's just delusionally optimistic about xbox at all times, it ironically makes it more grating to me because it just feels so disingenuous. Like it actually FEELS like he's a paid shill.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Cog is less brash/combative than david but he's just delusionally optimistic about xbox at all times, it ironically makes it more grating to me because it just feels so disingenuous. Like it actually FEELS like he's a paid shill.
All of these guys are disingenuous lol, none of them actually really like Xbox, they're just grifting for easy pay. They all suck but tbh David is easily the best, he's the only pro Xbox guy (that I know of) that'll admit that Sony's 1st party is vastly superior to Xbox's.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
They’re 100 percent astroturf paid shills. Some are better about optics than others. The iron lords are shameless about it hence the misplaced optimism and constant Sony negativity. Same with Boomstick gaming which is basically Qanon for Xbots (Xanon). Oh and Cult Eastwood, although he’s so obvious about being a paid shill I think he actually has lost some credibility.

Then There are the try to play it down the center shills like the kinda funny x cast, parris, defining dukes etc.

And finally the individual paid shills like spawnwave, Jeff grubb, probably Alanna pierce, and no name YouTubers.

I just know who they are because nobody wants to actually be an ambassador for Xbox unless they’re paid to do it. This generation they tried to play it a “year 0” where Xbox is this upstart that has no history and Phil Spencer is the courageous leader leading to a new dawn as if he wasn’t already in charge for 7 years. “The Dawn is on the horizon” is something I’ve heard cog say a few weeks ago on the iron lords if you want any idea how cynical and delusional it all is for them.

Thankfully it’s so transparent and Xbox management of the actual thing this is about (games) is so bad that a lot of these guys are exposed as the insane cult members or cynical cash grabbers that they are.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023

It’s certainly a matter of perspective and context, and no doubt Cog will look very level headed in the right light. Lords of Gaming or Iron Lords, I’ve seen bits and pieces and they have a character guy named King who spews the most ridiculous, tales from my ass, looney cake takes so yeah I guess Cog will sound very tame there.

My frame of reference for the comment was Last Stand Media where both Matt and Cog stick out like a sore thumb, but Cog really takes the cake. I get it that they have an audience outside of LSM and they will be conditioned to protect it, but, it harms the show. I support LSM on Patreon, and I have at times left comments on the DD show Patreon page that they really need contrasting views. Got some pushback from some more sensitive listeners, who have implied I just want them to be negative about Starfield for example, but I’ve always explained that in order for the show to feel professional and not just YouTube Xbox level, they need contrasting views, it can’t just be two guys masturbating about Xbox and spinning 99.9% of any negative Xbox story - be it game related, sales, brand messaging etc - into a silver lining playbook chapter.

Good content has conflict, it doesn’t mean anymore than that. Matty definitely needs to be the one doing it, and it also protects him from a future where Xbox hardware might not be around anymore, because Cog absolutely can’t and won’t and he is way too close to the toxic community and MS pr.

Also very little inside baseball on Defining Duke. Sacred Symbols set the standard and they are nowhere near it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It’s certainly a matter of perspective and context, and no doubt Cog will look very level headed in the right light. Lords of Gaming or Iron Lords, I’ve seen bits and pieces and they have a character guy named King who spews the most ridiculous, tales from my ass, looney cake takes so yeah I guess Cog will sound very tame there.

My frame of reference for the comment was Last Stand Media where both Matt and Cog stick out like a sore thumb, but Cog really takes the cake. I get it that they have an audience outside of LSM and they will be conditioned to protect it, but, it harms the show. I support LSM on Patreon, and I have at times left comments on the DD show Patreon page that they really need contrasting views. Got some pushback from some more sensitive listeners, who have implied I just want them to be negative about Starfield for example, but I’ve always explained that in order for the show to feel professional and not just YouTube Xbox level, they need contrasting views, it can’t just be two guys masturbating about Xbox and spinning 99.9% of any negative Xbox story - be it game related, sales, brand messaging etc - into a silver lining playbook chapter.

Good content has conflict, it doesn’t mean anymore than that. Matty definitely needs to be the one doing it, and it also protects him from a future where Xbox hardware might not be around anymore, because Cog absolutely can’t and won’t and he is way too close to the toxic community and MS pr.

Also very little inside baseball on Defining Duke. Sacred Symbols set the standard and they are nowhere near it.
Nice to see your arrival here m8, hope you enjoy your stay. (y)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I also support on patron...their discord is infested with Xbox fanboy trolls that continuously attack the PlayStation section and never get banned.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Unfortunately that's what sells clicks and views on the xbox side. They only want media that blows smoke up their ass, because the remaining xbox "fanbase" are akin to flat-earthers who just want a safe space sheltered from reality where they can celebrate the "fact" that every year is the year of xbox, this next year's gonna be the best xbox year ever, etc etc etc. - if they wanted reality they would've found it already and either accepted it and moved onto other platforms like pc/nintendo/ps or stopped gaming. And the reason Colin has DD is because he wants to farm the click and patreon money from the flat-xbox society.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Unfortunately that's what sells clicks and views on the xbox side. They only want media that blows smoke up their ass, because the remaining xbox "fanbase" are akin to flat-earthers who just want a safe space sheltered from reality where they can celebrate the "fact" that every year is the year of xbox, this next year's gonna be the best xbox year ever, etc etc etc. - if they wanted reality they would've found it already and either accepted it and moved onto other platforms like pc/nintendo/ps or stopped gaming. And the reason Colin has DD is because he wants to farm the click and patreon money from the flat-xbox society.
They still have a couple of hours left to turn 2023 around!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They still have a couple of hours left to turn 2023 around!
fail merry-go-round GIF

xbox turning it around in 2023:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Yep. I stand by theory still. There won't be another Xbox.

They have just canceled the refresh, and people are thinking that's because they are launching their next-gen earlier. I think they have just canceled the refresh because they are not doing hardware anymore.
That makes no sense, the refresh actually saves money. All it adds is a bigger HD while forcing buyers to go all digital.