Xbox requires sign in to a Microsoft account to play Sea of Thieves on PS5

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
What if Microsoft allowed all of their first party games on PSN, but you needed to have a Microsoft and Sony account. Would you do it? Would you create an Xbox live account to play Starfield, elder scrolls 6 or Fallout 5?
If Diablo 4 was out behind a PSN, Xbox live and Battle.net account, would you sign up for all of them?

Can you see how Sony requiring Steam players to Sign-in to a PSN account can set a bad precedent

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What if Microsoft allowed all of their first party games on PSN, but you needed to have a Microsoft and Sony account. Would you do it? Would you create an Xbox live account to play Starfield, elder scrolls 6 or Fallout 5?
If Diablo 4 was out behind a PSN, Xbox live and Battle.net account, would you sign up for all of them?

Can you see how Sony requiring Steam players to Sign-in to a PSN account can set a bad precedent

You know the answer to that.

See the reaction to Sea of Thieves on PS5 compared to Helldivers 2 on Steam.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

I wouldn't, but because I'm not interested in any of the games you mentioned.

Microsoft already does it for Minecraft and now Sea of Thieves, barely anybody on PlayStation has bitched about it.

The "bad precedent" you mentioned has already been set, it's already part of Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo etc.

If people are okay with digital only, always-online for single player games, microtransactions, decrease in quality because of multiplatform development, then they should shut up in regards to a small nuisance like having to create and link yet another account.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
They already require this. It's not a precedent when it's already happening. You also have to create a Bethesda, COD or Blizzard account.

I'm confused by this thread. Did you just woke up in 2024? This is standard for all publishers.
I don't play slop. I didn't play diablo 2 remake, which was one of my favourite old school games, because I needed a battle.net account and to sit in queues to play single player games.
TCP/IP was mint.
He is trying to justify the Steam lunatics.

Sony would be fools to back down.
I'm not justifying them, I am supporting them for the reasons you mentioned in your first post. You're aware of the correlation between accepting shit and things going to shit, yet you mock the people on steam finally saying "the line is here, no more!".
I don't understand your reasoning.

There should be more pushback about the shit gamers have put up with. If this is the final straw that broke the camels back, and I'm assuming you understand that metaphor, then so be it.

The littlest, smallest, lightest straw is enough to tip the scales.

We all know this needs to stop. We all know "Microsoft too". Well, it isn't a win to say PS players accept it on playstation, while mocking those on steam. It says that playstation AND Xbox owners will happily devour any slop and bollocks without questioning. They are weak

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't play slop. I didn't play diablo 2 remake, which was one of my favourite old school games, because I needed a battle.net account and to sit in queues to play single player games.
TCP/IP was mint.

I'm not justifying them, I am supporting them for the reasons you mentioned in your first post. You're aware of the correlation between accepting shit and things going to shit, yet you mock the people on steam finally saying "the line is here, no more!".
I don't understand your reasoning.

There should be more pushback about the shit gamers have put up with. If this is the final straw that broke the camels back, and I'm assuming you understand that metaphor, then so be it.

The littlest, smallest, lightest straw is enough to tip the scales.

We all know this needs to stop. We all know "Microsoft too". Well, it isn't a win to say PS players accept it on playstation, while mocking those on steam. It says that playstation AND Xbox owners will happily devour any slop and bollocks without questioning. They are weak

A whole load of waffle from you.

• brain
Reactions: xollowsob

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They have no reasoning. They are emotional, they don't think with their brains.

Yes we are the emotional ones who are review bombing, asking for refunds after 100 hours playtime and on here whining about an issue which has existed for years.

Some have gone as far as trying to mess with Sony stocks and boycotting other Sony games.

You don’t even own the game and think you have a dog in this fight cause you have loyalty to a PC launcher.

Go figure.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They have no reasoning. They are emotional, they don't think with their brains.
I don't understand why PS players should care about what happens to steam players lmao, You come to a playstation centric forum to ask them to be outraged on behalf of dunces on steam. You will find your brethren on steam forums go join them shooo

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and Muddasar

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
ask them to be outraged on behalf of dunces on steam
No one asked you to do anything. Absolutely no one.

You will find your brethren on steam forums go join them shooo
Yeah, I know you want PC players, or actually, anyone with a different opinion to leave this website so you can have a circle-jerk bubble of affirmations to live in. That's not a good thing and you shouldn't wish for it.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

PS Players bitched about it? Where?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No one asked you to do anything. Absolutely no one.

Yeah, I know you want PC players, or actually, anyone with a different opinion to leave this website so you can have a circle-jerk bubble of affirmations to live in. That's not a good thing and you shouldn't wish for it.
Hey, don't knock a circle jerk until you have tried it.

@Gamernyc78 post event.

Face Hello GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

• haha
Reactions: KvallyX and Yuniac

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
You know the answer to that.

See the reaction to Sea of Thieves on PS5 compared to Helldivers 2 on Steam.
these two are literally not comparable

SoT didn't let you play for ages without a connected account before forcing you to link or you'll never be able to play again.
Helldivers did, then it got delisted from 125 countries, I know there's a lot of Sony defense here but man, own up to it. Stop the whataboutism.

What is this poor soul supposed to do?
These 125 countries also just got the game delisted even though people played it there for hours. (scroll to the countries a little bit down)
Here is a dev/CM from the Helldivers discord saying it was Sony's idea.
Spitz left an antagonizing message, then apologized.

The following is from my negative review (encouraged by the devs at Arrowhead because it gives them more sway with Sony in discussions)

• Sony has knowingly sold this game in several countries that they do not support, for context, Sony only supports ~70 countries out of all of the countries in the world.
  • They let people start playing Helldivers 2 in these countries without the mandatory linking because of log-in server issues or something related to that. Now that they presumably have those fixed, a mandatory account linking with your PSN and Steam account must be done to resume playing the game, while this is no issue for me, as I already have a PSN account, several people in countries not supported by PSN can not, as the ToS states for PSN, you must put all information in accurately, you can't fake your region, in doing so you open up your account for termination.
  • One Steam player in mainland China has already been banned because they had to use a VPN to create an account on PlayStation, upon linking their PSN to their Steam, they were promptly banned on PlayStation, they can't login.
  • Several countries physically can't even create a PlayStation account
  • Ukraine requires you to own a PS4/5 to make a PlayStation account.
  • Sony de-listed the game from 125 countries on Steam.

Sony dropped the ball HARD on this game, I feel for everyone at Arrowhead. I hope Sony will go back on their word.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Sony dropped the ball HARD on this game

In fact they are correcting their wrongs:

* Stop selling the game where PSN isn't available
* Refunding the ones affected
* Requiring the account link IN A MONTH for everybody else who already got the game

They helped the players and the devs at the beginning, by making the account link optional although it was stated FROM THE BEGINNING that it was mandatory, because of the well known initial issues.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
these two are literally not comparable

SoT didn't let you play for ages without a connected account before forcing you to link or you'll never be able to play again.
Helldivers did, then it got delisted from 125 countries, I know there's a lot of Sony defense here but man, own up to it. Stop the whataboutism.

What is this poor soul supposed to do?
These 125 countries also just got the game delisted even though people played it there for hours. (scroll to the countries a little bit down)
Here is a dev/CM from the Helldivers discord saying it was Sony's idea.
Spitz left an antagonizing message, then apologized.

The following is from my negative review (encouraged by the devs at Arrowhead because it gives them more sway with Sony in discussions)

• Sony has knowingly sold this game in several countries that they do not support, for context, Sony only supports ~70 countries out of all of the countries in the world.
  • They let people start playing Helldivers 2 in these countries without the mandatory linking because of log-in server issues or something related to that. Now that they presumably have those fixed, a mandatory account linking with your PSN and Steam account must be done to resume playing the game, while this is no issue for me, as I already have a PSN account, several people in countries not supported by PSN can not, as the ToS states for PSN, you must put all information in accurately, you can't fake your region, in doing so you open up your account for termination.
  • One Steam player in mainland China has already been banned because they had to use a VPN to create an account on PlayStation, upon linking their PSN to their Steam, they were promptly banned on PlayStation, they can't login.
  • Several countries physically can't even create a PlayStation account
  • Ukraine requires you to own a PS4/5 to make a PlayStation account.
  • Sony de-listed the game from 125 countries on Steam.

Sony dropped the ball HARD on this game, I feel for everyone at Arrowhead. I hope Sony will go back on their word.

Why are people in PSN supported countries who are the vast majority of Helldivers owners having an issue creating a PSN account?

They are the most vocal regarding review bombing, refunds and not wanting to link it.

The issues you mentioned have been resolved. They are getting refunds and those 130 countries no longer can buy the game.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
In fact they are correcting their wrongs:

* Stop selling the game where PSN isn't available
* Refunding the ones affected
* Requiring the account link IN A MONTH for everybody else who already got the game

They helped the players and the devs at the beginning, by making the account link optional although it was stated FROM THE BEGINNING that it was mandatory, because of the well known initial issues.
This is a very "so what's the problem🥴" way of looking at it and quite frankly, lacking in empathy or sympathy.

They are not refunding anything, Steam is forcing the refunds.

That doesn't do anything for the 125 countries that had people buy the game and now the game is de-listed there. That doesn't do anything for the countries who had people buy the game that physically can't set up a PSN account. You're gonna sit there and defend Sony bait and switching tons of people because of the "log in" issues making it so the linking was optional for a time?

You know they changed the FAQ on it right after the announcement, right? It was originally said you did not have to have a PSN account for any of their games, but now it's said you must for some of their games.