Xbox requires sign in to a Microsoft account to play Sea of Thieves on PS5

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
stop this bs excuse already.

Sony knowingly sold in countries they did NOT support PSN with and then delisted the game from those countries MONTHS after release. Stop defending Sony, hold them accountable, this is scummy behavior on their part.

Excuse. LOL

You can create a PSN acc. no matter what country you are in, you just have to link it to a different countries address if PSN isn't available in your country. I'm using US PSN account with fake address for 15+ years and living in Europe and without VPN. So, what's the problem?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Source: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/regions, if country is not listed there, I set everything to NOT SUPPORTED.

TYPESUPPORT IN %
EUROPE SUPPORT:45%
EU SUPPORT:62,96%
PC GAMEPASS:86%
CONSOLE GAMEPASS:44,9%
GAMEPASS ULTIMATE:45%
CLOUD GAMING:39%
Xbox accessories45%
Microsoft Rewards on Xbox20%

OP
OP
xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
No one bitched about it. That's the point. But of course you do because it is PlayStation. Talking about being weak, you are whining, not me. Never did.
Not bitching about being inconvenienced is a good thing? Sure, Jan.

Absolutely you are right, I'm entirely bitching about this because it's playstation. Ignore the posts I've made praising the games, hardware and VR. Ignore the posts calling Xbox shit and Phil Spencer a fucking mong.

Huff more copium.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Not bitching about being inconvenienced is a good thing? Sure, Jan.

Absolutely you are right, I'm entirely bitching about this because it's playstation. Ignore the posts I've made praising the games, hardware and VR. Ignore the posts calling Xbox shit and Phil Spencer a fucking mong.

Huff more copium.

Well, now this is using excuses. LOL. Talking about being weak, huh? What a hypocrite

PSN Requirement was there day 1 for Helidivers. You haven't read it. Your damn problem

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
You can create a PSN acc. no matter what country you are in, you just have to link it to a different countries address
"Why the fuck should I do this? Why the fuck should I jump through so many hoops?

I'm on Steam. I will not be creating a shitty PSN account. End of story."

That's how people, rightfully so, think. Just imagine where you can be in life if you didn't say yes to everything that is forced upon you.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Well, now this is using excuses. LOL. Talking about being weak, huh? What a hypocrite

PSN Requirement was there day 1 for Helidivers. You haven't read it. Your damn problem
For the last time, people read it but skipped it because it was not required. There was a skip button.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Dude, please understand that 'required' but not 'enforced' is not truly requried. Again, why sell the game in countries where said 'required' thing cannot be legally created? Please tell me you see how scummy that is.
Scumbag Sony should stop porting their games to PC instead of being scummy. That way everybody would be happy.

What we need are more focus on PlayStation games and less focus on PC ports. This experience has failed miserably.

At most they should make online free on PlayStation, release their own store on PC for their GaaS releases, with crossbuy with PlayStation and enforce a last gen only policy on PC ports. R&C, Horizon FW, Sackboy, TLoU Pt 1, Returnal, etc, should not have been released on PC until at least the PS6 was out.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

did you even read the post?

"What does officially supported mean? It means that owning a Xbox in one of this country is hell. Most of the time you can't buy games from Xbox store (mostly physical copies works but you know how bad the Xbox situation is in this) and sometimes if you are lucky a digital code could work but even that it can be hell to make it work or it won't even be working. So with that it means getting a Series S in one of this country could be the biggest mistake you could do. A system that would sell like crazy in a lot of those countries because of it's price. Gamepass is the same story as buying games from official xbox store."

This has nothing to do with account creation, like Sony is. PSN literally does not even support those countries, not this "officially supported" wording the user made.

Reactions: Yuniac

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Excuse. LOL

You can create a PSN acc. no matter what country you are in, you just have to link it to a different countries address if PSN isn't available in your country. I'm using US PSN account with fake address for 15+ years and living in Europe and without VPN. So, what's the problem?
you're breaking ToS then, you're lucky. Others have been banned for this.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Put yourself in their shoes, imagine you have a game you really, really enjoy, just for it to be taken away from you because of poor foresight from Sony. I can guarantee you wouldn't have this same attitude, I mean, you bought the game already, you played it for hours upon hours, and boom, ripped away because Sony knowingly sold in your unsupported country.

Still better than paying for the game, paying for an online subscription, but not being able to play the game for days after launch or with multiple severe issues because it was launched as a multiplatform title instead of as a console exclusive. Then being thrown together with cheaters and hackers (risking to be banned), because the account linking wasn't enforced from the beginning.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Still better than paying for the game, paying for an online subscription, but not being able to play the game for days after launch or with multiple severe issues because it was launched as a multiplatform title instead as a console exclusive. Then being thrown together with cheaters and hackers (risking to be banned), because the account linking wasn't enforced from the beginning.
You are right. Then you should instead channel your energy at Sony. Stand up to them like Steam gamers are doing now. They make you pay for online, they spend money and time porting your games to the haters on Steam. What Steam gamers are doing should inspire you to do the same.

I don't mean to be rude to you, but as it seems to me, a lot of PS gamers are ok with whatever Sony tells them, evidently by this whole thing "just make account bro".

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You are right. Then you should instead channel your energy at Sony. Stand up to them like Steam gamers are doing now. They make you pay for online, they spend money and time porting your games to the haters on Steam. What Steam gamers are doing should inspire you to do the same.

I don't mean to be rude to you, but as it seems to me, a lot of PS gamers are ok with whatever Sony tells them, evidently by this whole thing "just make account bro".

I'm doing my part already by not buying any 1st party games day-1 anymore and not renewing my PS+ subscription after it expires.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
"Why the fuck should I do this? Why the fuck should I jump through so many hoops?

I'm on Steam. I will not be creating a shitty PSN account. End of story."

That's how people, rightfully so, think. Just imagine where you can be in life if you didn't say yes to everything that is forced upon you.

Yep, you are one of these then. Hard to spend 5 minutes making a PSN account.

you're breaking ToS then, you're lucky. Others have been banned for this.

LOL. I dunno in which world you've living. But do you know how real world operates? Companies doesn't care about TOS as long you giving them money.

Reactions: Muddasar

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
"Something bad happened before and I was okay with it, then I should still be okay with it now too."

"I'm damn lazy making a PSN account, but i didn't had a problem making EA, Battlenet, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Xbox ( multiple accounts for Gamepass ), Epic. Making a PSN accout is damn big hill to climb"

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
"I'm damn lazy making a PSN account, but i didn't had a problem making EA, Battlenet, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Xbox ( multiple accounts for Gamepass ), Epic. Making a PSN accout is damn big hill to climb"
Exactly what I said, this shit has to stop and it's time to stop it. It just happened to fall on Sony's head. Fuck EA, BN and Rockstar for making us create accounts, I would be as mad about them as I am about Sony. I have said this already so many times.

The fact that you attribute our behavior to laziness says you really don't understand what's going on, mate.

• they're_right_you_know

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I would be as mad about them as I am about Sony. I have said this already so many times.

Sure, where? Provide a posts then. All of them

The fact that you attribute our behavior to laziness says you really don't understand what's going on, mate.

Said before : "You can create a PSN acc. no matter what country you are in, you just have to link it to a different countries address if PSN isn't available in your country."

So, yes, lazy to make a PSN. Mind you that PC gamers are the ones with the most accounts, they use VPNs, fake names, fake zip codes, circumvent every law, use bots, cheats and piracy to bypass every protection. And they have EA, Rockstar, Battlenet, Xbox, Ubisoft, Epic... accounts, right?

All of a sudden regarding Helldivers 2 PSN requirement " I'm honest PC gamer, i won't sign up to PSN, because Sony and Steam TOS. I'm very concerned about it". Yeah, right. :/

Last edited:
  • haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

He doesn’t even own Helldivers 2 on his Steam account.

Reactions: Plextorage