Xbox requires sign in to a Microsoft account to play Sea of Thieves on PS5

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Stop making shit up, he is not 'lucky', that's how it was from Inception. Ten of thousands accounts are created like this, 3rd world countries, trophy hunters etc.. all has multiple accounts trailing from creation of PSN.

@Bo_Hazem has one for 15 years, me having US account from EU, i know my whole country creating accounts from other countries, no one is getting banned.

Exactly, I have had a US and Japanese account since the PS3 days.

No issues.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
i leaved the forum for some months and this got full of fake concerned xbots and some pc disaster race wankers,what a time to be alive
You are adding nothing to this conversation. You just call people POS, Xbots, and wankers, Take a look at yourself. How about you go make a different thread where people only compliment Sony?

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Stop making shit up, he is not 'lucky', that's how it was from Inception. Ten of thousands accounts are created like this, 3rd world countries, trophy hunters etc.. all has multiple accounts trailing from creation of PSN.

@Bo_Hazem has one for 15 years, me having US account from EU, i know my whole country creating accounts from other countries, no one is getting banned.

Mine is even tied to my Omani phone as well, tied to my cameras and Sony cloud service. Thousands of dollars worth of games but I don't cheat, swear, etc so why get banned lol. It's since 2013, and my Omani PSN is since 2007 which I don't use anymore.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
What if Microsoft allowed all of their first party games on PSN, but you needed to have a Microsoft and Sony account. Would you do it? Would you create an Xbox live account to play Starfield, elder scrolls 6 or Fallout 5?
If Diablo 4 was out behind a PSN, Xbox live and Battle.net account, would you sign up for all of them?

Can you see how Sony requiring Steam players to Sign-in to a PSN account can set a bad precedent
Yes I would sign up for all of them.

And no Sony isn't setting a precedent, considering signing up for accounts is something done by other publishers years before Sony.

I only have one game that interests me from Xbox, and that's hifi rush. Not sure if that has any requirement, but I'd have zero problems creating and Xboox live account for it.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Okay. How do people not being mad about MS accounts help your case? Most people already have a MS account because they are on windows already. Unlike PS when most PC gamers don't have a fucking, console to begin with, dude.

And let's just say they are doing this because they don't like Sony, let's just say that for the sake of argument. Okay, they are doing it because of that, so what? It's their platform, their accounts, their decision.
Steam Deck and Linux users exist and they probably don't want anything from Microsoft, like me. But I agree with one thing: they should have foreseen this, if they had just blocked the purchase of the game from the beginning, there wouldn't have been so many problems (in fact, Steam users would find any excuse to be against it, after all, the Most people don't even care about people who stop playing, they just don't like PlayStation)

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
You are adding nothing to this conversation. You just call people POS, Xbots, and wankers, Take a look at yourself. How about you go make a different thread where people only compliment Sony?

Take a look at yourself FIRST AND FOREMOST, Xbot. You don't have a Helldivers 2 nor you've played it. So, why you care all of a sudden, hm?

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Buthurt? You arent fooling anyone,alt account of a banned exmember

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Though I do not play on PC very often anymore, I rallied behind steam users who found the practice (after the fact) alarming / poor behavior for what happened with Helldivers 2 and the communications around the requirements to play on Steam.

As a majority PS5 console player, I will not create a seperate account, or sign into one, (other than PSN which I already have) just to play a game from Microsoft - it should just go through PSN. Yes MS wants to count MAU, but I do not care. I also will not create a seperate account, or sign into a seperate account, to play a Microsoft game on Switch (if that were to occur).

Reactions: Yuniac