Xbox Series X is being sold for $349

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's an absolute mess, they are giving them away for free all over the place here with any internet subscription etc.

Now what happens if they launch another X model or a mid gen refresh? 3 different specs to develop for on the smallest userbase in the industry? It's asking too much for too little IMO.
I would be very surprised if Xbox has the budget for a real hardware revision this generation. The R&D costs of a system revision are considerable, even if it is just a board shrink like the PS5 Slim.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
At that price they surely will bleed from each sale.
I don't think these price reductions were approved by Microsoft, I think they were retailers trying to liquidate dead stock.

If so, that is BAD news for MS. A retailer taking a loss on hardware just to get it off their shelves means they won't be looking to buy more product from that manufacturer.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I don't think these price reductions were approved by Microsoft, I think they were retailers trying to liquidate dead stock.

If so, that is BAD news for MS. A retailer taking a loss on hardware just to get it off their shelves means they won't be looking to buy more product from that manufacturer.
Has Microsoft themselves promoted this? Like at the MS stores and stuff?

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Do you really think BB employees are paid enough to give a fuck about insured corporate inventory?
They might as well shake each hands of the thieves as they leave for being more consumer smart than the sad sacks that bought a Xbox. We're at the point where thieves are smarter than bots when it comes to their "shopping."

Last edited:
  • party
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They might as well shake each hands of the thieves as they leave for being more consumer smart than the sad sacks that bought a Xbox. We're at the point no where thieves are smarter than bots when it comes to their "shopping."
If they'd stolen Series X instead, Best Buy would send them all Thank You cards.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The S is their best selling console this gen, if anything they should discontinue the X.
Agreed, well now the X is fucking up the S's money.
I just remembered the black 1tb Series S exists....and it's not on sale.... so the Series X and S rn are both $350 at Walmart

Confused Thinking GIF

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Remember when Cult leader Phil said they were losing 100-200 dollars on each console sold? I wonder how much they are losing on now, 200-300 each just to keep their head above water. Thats early ps3 levels bad. On the bright side it doest seem they are selling many more units at that price point anyways so there's a silver lining for them.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Remember when Cult leader Phil said they were losing 100-200 dollars on each console sold? I wonder how much they are losing on now, 200-300 each just to keep their head above water. Thats early ps3 levels bad. On the bright side it doest seem they are selling many more units at that price point anyways so there's a silver lining for them.
They might sell 1 million+ in December with that fire sale. November NPD was awful double digits down. Desperate last move.