Xbox's cancerous effect on consoles and monetisation

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
The funny thing its you must feel smart using all these examples, two different industries and i Still ser Mothertruckas using the Nexflix example, its laughable
The funny thing is seeing you, struggling to understand it. Truly laughable.

The FIRST thing PS fanboys do is compare how pathetically GamePass has been able to gain and maintain subscribers.. by comparing them to services like Disney+ and Netflix and how they were able to grow...

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this is all true, but looking at that suicide squad game it's basically a Destiny clone.... a dumb, comic book branded destiny clone. it reeks of a corporate board room meeting.

All of these games i find are all destiny clones. they even have the nerve to copy the purple/legendary yellow/exotic color coding. its like seriously, do you have 1 ounce of originality in your studio? how many of these shit-tier destiny 'service' clones come out and fail? Why not try and make your own stuff?

it's pathetic.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

The FIRST thing PS fanboys do is compare how pathetically GamePass has been able to gain and maintain subscribers.. by comparing them to services like Disney+ and Netflix and how they were able to grow...

Remember not to use big words or logic against some of the ardent PS fans here. They are either young or simple/one track minded.

blazing-saddles.gif

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Reality its gonna break your soul kiddo, i know i know its must be hard after the shilling, the dick sucking of ceos and being a sorry ass fanboy on forums, the Real life results. And how ps5 its fucking stomping your sorry asses must be hard

I feel pity for you... Well actually no, iam. Enjoying your mísery, bad Luck homie.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Reality its gonna break your soul kiddo, i know i know its must be hard after the shilling, the dick sucking of ceos and being a sorry ass fanboy on forums, the Real life results. And how ps5 its fucking stomping your sorry asses must be hard

I feel pity for you... Well actually no, iam. Enjoying your mísery, bad Luck homie.
protest GIF

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't think it's fair to blame this on MS. It was the way the industry was going. Kaz Hirai specifically called out micro-transactions in his PS3 introduction, and I think it's one of the lines that people would mock in their edited summary videos.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I don't think it's fair to blame this on MS. It was the way the industry was going. Kaz Hirai specifically called out micro-transactions in his PS3 introduction, and I think it's one of the lines that people would mock in their edited summary videos.
Microtransactions were always coming but Microsoft specifically wanted to kill the concept of "plug-ins" which, for those of you who don't know, were free bits of DLC like map packs and mission packs that PC developers used to release. They did this in the early 360 era by mandating that all DLC be paid DLC, devs literally could not release content for free.

Like a decade later free DLC came back as a side effect of early access, live service and free to play trends.

Last edited: