@yosp already working to get Palworld onto PlayStation

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I just love how Xbox fanboys on Era are completely ignoring the AI scandal, had this been a PlayStation exclusive they would ban discussion of the game. If Hogwarts were a 1st party Xbox game they would've never banned discussion on it. They're political views dont matter when it comes to 1st party Xbox or games not on PS5. That's how those hypocrites operate, I can see that now.
The Foamstars PS+ news was completely derailed by the AI album covers calling for boycotting the game.

This game is copy/pasting full designs from other franchises with or without AI and all the xbots are behaving like the game is first-party and defending it like their lives depends on it.

Reactions: AllBizness

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Ok can you guys stop insulting each other and other people.
Funny how some claim to be adults and have some intelligence yet resolve to insults of people here and other people you might not like.
This thread is about Palworld.

How long does it continue for

24 Jun 2022
Microsoft should lock it down in my opinion. Sony locked down Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail which were great decisions. Microsoft needs to do the same with Palworld.

I agree, at some strategic level MS could do that. However in spite of this game's viral popularity, I don't think that popularity's going to last (not at the current level) for starters and secondly it alone wouldn't do much for bolstering Xbox hardware sales numbers, although it may help a bit.

MS seem less interested in Xbox hardware sales and more interested in growing revenue & profits. Locking down a publishing & distribution contract with the developer studio (including helping with things like a mobile port) would probably be way more lucrative for them. And if I were Sony, I'd already be thinking along these lines and going for such an arrangement ahead of Microsoft.

Won't happen.

Palworld is finding its succes on PC, not Xbox. Genshin Impact found its success on PS4, not PC.

PS is the biggest console platform, and Palworld will find significantly more success on PlayStation than Xbox.

That's true for B2P sales but if MS were to assume the role of publisher for the game or enter some partnership with the developer that included things like funding and publishing rights across all platforms, then not having Xbox exclusivity becomes a moot point.

MS's goal in that case would be to get money off B2P sales of the game from all platforms it's own, and that's money Sony would be missing out on. Hopefully Shuhei is looking into talking the Palworld devs into some type of partnership & distribution agreement with SIE alongside getting the game on PlayStation platforms.

It will be a long time probably. Sony doesn't usually allow early access games on their consoles. Pocketpair said their are no plans for a playstation version as of right now. Palworld will be in early access for at least year. Probably longer.

And this is where stuff like @KnittedKnight 's statements of Sony needing to compete better with PC/Steam come into play. Why don't they have an Early Access type program for PSN? Steam has it; Sony could have something similar and potentially better.

This is the problem when people limit PlayStation's competition to just Xbox, as if Nintendo and Steam don't exist. Especially the latter, pretending there isn't a lot of audience crossover when there clearly is. Where do you think the audience for Pokemon-style games are at? PC? No, it's consoles. So why is this game selling 4+ million on PC (specifically Steam) in a matter of days?

Even Jim Ryan's said PC is a competing platform with PlayStation; back in the day games like Palworld would've been on a PlayStation platform from Day 1 and that associated mindshare would be there with PlayStation. Instead it's with PC/Steam and to a lesser extent Xbox & Game Pass. Competing more efficiently with PC & Steam for gaming shouldn't involve porting your 1P traditional games wholesale to platforms like Steam with shrinking windows of timing. It should be in looking at what features platforms like Steam provide that attract so many users, adopting & bettering them for PlayStation consoles, and retaining as much of your own 1P library of exclusives (and 3P exclusives) as possible. Genuine exclusives btw, not "console-exclusive" or "console-exclusive for 1 year" types of exclusives; if you have to have those, they should be minimum.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I agree, at some strategic level MS could do that. However in spite of this game's viral popularity, I don't think that popularity's going to last (not at the current level) for starters and secondly it alone wouldn't do much for bolstering Xbox hardware sales numbers, although it may help a bit.

MS seem less interested in Xbox hardware sales and more interested in growing revenue & profits. Locking down a publishing & distribution contract with the developer studio (including helping with things like a mobile port) would probably be way more lucrative for them. And if I were Sony, I'd already be thinking along these lines and going for such an arrangement ahead of Microsoft.

I agree with you but I don't think that it would be about increasing hardware sales. It would be about having another live service game that is successful and makes massive amounts of revenue and profit. Microsoft is the leader in live service games and adding another one if possible would only add to that.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
By the time this release on ps5 it will be dead. This game isn't good at all. Meme is carrying it

Xbox is reportedly at 25m and PS5 is at 50m. It will stay that 2 to 1 ratio for the duration of this generation. So 50-60m total which is good for them and still successful and profitable.
Xbox is not reaching 50mil

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They are Microsoft's because they own them. That's it. There's no discussion. If people can't understand this, that's on them. If Microsoft wants to port their games, they'll port them, if Microsoft wants to sell them, they'll sell them off, if Microsoft wants to make them exclusive, they'll make them exclusive.

You and others are confusing WHAT WAS and WHAT IS. What was ABK and Bethesda were third party independent publishers. What is ABK and Betehsda are now fully owned by Microsoft which eliminates them being WHAT THEY WERE.

PlayStation fanboys/extremists need to stop feeling like they're entitled to every game known to man when in reality, you're not entitled to a God damn thing.
You Xbox guys need to practice what you preach about entitlement then and stop whining every time PlayStation gets a third party exclusive as well. Seems like when you go on here you just end up arguing with and insulting everyone else here.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
You Xbox guys need to practice what you preach them and stop whining every time Playstation gets a third party exclusive then. Seems like when you go on here you just end up arguing with and insulting everyone else here.

Why do you try to single the Xbox folk out, not all of them are trolling at timdog levels.
He's just having a discussion. Some of you are so fragile over Xbox users man.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
You Xbox guys need to practice what you preach them and stop whining every time Playstation gets a third party exclusive then. Seems like when you go on here you just end up arguing with and insulting everyone else here.

I own a PlayStation 5. There's no reason for me to whine. When an exclusive is there that I want to play like Rebirth and Ronin, I will. I played FF XVI. I don't care if it goes on Xbox or not. I completed it already and I have no interest in replaying it. I'm not insulting anyone but here's a question -

Should Xbox gamers be entitled to every game?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
By the time this release on ps5 it will be dead. This game isn't good at all. Meme is carrying it

especially not if the rumors about them wanting to release a next-gen console early are true, though I feel like that rumor only came about because some folks were feeling left out and wanted to one-up the PS5Pro rumors.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Why do you try to single the Xbox folk out, not all of them are trolling at timdog levels.
He's just having a discussion. Some of you are so fragile over Xbox users man.
I'm just giving back what these guys always throw at us. It just gets really irritating seeing people constantly on the attack trying to score some kind of victory/revenge for Xbox when I just want to talk games. On top of the constant doom and gloom aimed at Playstation it's just really frustrating.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
I'm just giving back what these guys always throw at us. It just gets really irritating seeing people constantly on the attack trying to score some kind of victory/revenge for Xbox when I just want to talk games. On top of the constant doom and gloom aimed at Playstation it's just really frustrating.

They usually get run out of here anyway

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They usually get run out of here anyway
And if you've noticed on here, I get pretty annoyed at the PlayStation guys on here who constantly act like the sky is falling whenever anything happens. I know you're an Xbox guys and the PS guys can be assholes, but the Xbox guys can too. Just weird that I was somehow the latest last straw for you, lmao.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
And if you've noticed on here, I get pretty annoyed at the PlayStation guys on here who constantly act like the sky is falling whenever anything happens. I know you're an Xbox guys and the PS guys can be assholes, but the Xbox guys can too. Just weird that I was somehow the latest last straw for you, lmao.

There's no last straw for you with me. We're all good.

I see what you are saying, but we don't have many Xbox guys on here anyway.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Wait...wait a minute...so you're telling me this ISN'T on PlayStation at all? WTF happened to the Sony that saw potential in these types of games before they blew up, like with Fall Guys?

I'm being serious here. How did Sony get completely outmaneuvered by Microsoft on this? I legit thought this was on PS, so in reality those 4+ million sales are all on PC/Steam and Xbox is piggybacking off that success with the Day 1 Game Pass get, while Nintendo has Pokemon so no worries really (hell they might sue the devs of this game) and PlayStation is completely locked out due to oversight and hubris.

GGs Sarah Bond & Xbox on getting this in Game Pass. Maybe by the time Sony catches up, the game'll still have an audience to tap into on PlayStation. But with these types of things, I doubt it.
Maybe Sony should change this dumb policy stance instead of trying to paint it as Xbox is desperate so they allow early accesss.

You guys are tripping over nothing, @SLB1904 is 100% correct. This game is soulless garbage that'll be dead in a month or 2, just like Battlebit, Lethal Company, Multiversus, etc. It seems like every so often, a low budget rip off hits PC and becomes wildly popular, people get caught up in the hype, then the honeymoon phase ends and they all realize it's not really anything special.

The fact is, most PC gamers have potato PC's, and to finally have something else they can run besides Counter Strike and Dota is a rare blessing for them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Microsoft should lock it down in my opinion. Sony locked down Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail which were great decisions. Microsoft needs to do the same with Palworld.

If MS wants to waste money trying to force people to get their console, good luck, it's not going to work at all on any level. MS could lock down GTAVI to Xbox and they wouldn't achieve anything other than tanking the game sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
So Microsoft should buy it and make it exclusive because Xbox doesn't have any exclusives worth playing? Got it.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Gene Trailer Park Trash is comparing the sales of Palword to a full-price Playstation exclusive. Why not compare it to Pokemon, the easiest comparison ever, you fucking bitch?

Yeah isn't Pokemon one of the highest grossing franchises in the world? Should be a great example of how defunct Nintendo/Pokemon company are that all they can release is mediocre garbage that has zero impact for the past decade.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Yeah isn't Pokemon one of the highest grossing franchises in the world? Should be a great example of how defunct Nintendo/Pokemon company are that all they can release is mediocre garbage that has zero impact for the past decade.
Nintendo just need to anounce a decent looking pokemon and everybody will lose their minds.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters