Last edited:
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Shameful that the worst entry still the top.

Yikes
RE5 is pretty much my least favorite RE games tbh. I liked it at first even though I thought even back when it came out it was a disappointing follow up to RE4 but when I tried to get back into it in 2015 I just for some reason cannot!
Good news is that if RE4 VR breaks 1 million soon and both the Steam version and PS4/Xb1 remaster can keep pulling in 100k every quarter RE4 can overtake it maybe by june of next year?

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Resident Evil 4 shouldn't even be included, that PoS had to launch on like 8 platforms with multiple re-releases to even keep up.

• haha
Reactions: EDMIX
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Resident Evil 4 shouldn't even be included, that PoS had to launch on like 8 platforms with multiple re-releases to even keep up.
Well think about it this way
RE4 launched in January 11th, 2005 on Gamecube only when the PS2 port was already announced on November 1st, 2004 (Look at the old GAF thread about it lol)
Then wouldn't get another port until October 25th, 2005 which was the PS2 version

RE5 and RE6 launched on both PS3 and 360 on the same date
RE5 would get its PC port around late 2009
and RE6 would get it's PC port in March 2013
While RE4's PC port would happen until early 2007.

It's not until after the WIi port where things get crazy
then we got a Mobile (2008) /Zeebo/ Android/ and Ios Ports all of which aren't even included in RE4's Sales total of 11.8 Million as none of those had reached 1 million (The PC 2007 also isn't counted towards the 11.8 Million as well.)

Yes there are the PS3 and 360 remasters but the RE5 and RE6 got PS4/XB1 remasters
Also RE5 was ported to the NVida shield as well

RE4 does also have PS4 and XB1 ports as well as well as a second PC port in 2014 and the VR port in 2021 but it's not like other RE games have quite a few ports as well!

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Shame that they don't provide platform splits between PlayStation and Xbox. I could use a good laugh.

• haha
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Shame that they don't provide platform splits between PlayStation and Xbox. I could use a good laugh.
I wish they would just give us total sales of every games and break up the platforms
We don't have sales data for RE4's PC 2007 Version, and weather or not you count them, the Zeebo, Mobile (2008), IOS, and Android versions since this 11.8 million figure is just adding up the sales of the versions that sold 1 million or more.
We don't have Switch sales data for RE4, RE5, RE6

I imagine Moster Hunter Worlds Platform breakdown would show off the most just how much Capcom Games don't sell on Xbox lol

• Informative
Reactions: nominedomine
P

peter42O

I believe REVII is selling a bit more than REmake 2 each quarter.

This quarter both sold the same… 200k.
With RE 8 adding a third person mode which I never expected Capcom to do, im hoping that REmake2 continues to sell great and granted, while it's a remake of a classic, it's doing better than RE 7 since it was released two years later. Reason I want it to sell better is because im hoping Capcom goes with a third person perspective for RE 9.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
5 and 6 are seriously bad games. i think I like 5 less than 6 as time goes on, lol.

8 is also in the running for my least favorite. the whole lead up to release and hype cycle with that big ugly woman was just embarassing. that one thing makes me like the game less and less and times go on. Just seeing the embarassing shilling over this big ugly granny has to be one of the alltime lowpoints in RE fandom.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
5 and 6 are seriously bad games. i think I like 5 less than 6 as time goes on, lol.

8 is also in the running for my least favorite. the whole lead up to release and hype cycle with that big ugly woman was just embarassing. that one thing makes me like the game less and less and times go on. Just seeing the embarassing shilling over this big ugly granny has to be one of the alltime lowpoints in RE fandom.
4 is also bad and it's where 5 and 6 got their bad ideas from.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Something we agree on, remove Leon from RE4 and it's not even Resident Evil. It's basically a new IP with RE slapped on the box.

Not a bad game, just a bad RE game.
To me it's a bad game (with a good start) and a terrible RE, it did massive damage for the franchise that was going in a great direction with REmake. The gameplay of RE4 is so bad it's offensive. I really don't get the love and I also don't understand how people can love 4 and then say that 5 and 6 are so bad.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Whatever the fuck you guys are smoking to claim Resident Evil 4 is bad is … like get the fuck outta here with that garbage. One of the best action games of all time.

I love this series and even while RE4 is wildly different from some of favorites in the series, it’s still the absolute very best of them. Feel the same about RE7. Oh no, they changed perspective to improve the shooting… gasp. Great fucking game.

Holy shit. Worst takes imaginable. Gotta make note of whom these idiots are to forever discredit their opinions. This is as bad as those claiming RE5, the least memorable game in the series aside from the Boulder punch, is their favorite… but we know the answer to why that is… it was the first Xbox game in the series.

Plus, all resident evil games were ported dozens of times. You even had all classic psone versions of the games released retail on Wii. Capcom ports to everything. They’ll even port streaming versions of these games to garbage hardware like Switch.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
With RE 8 adding a third person mode which I never expected Capcom to do, im hoping that REmake2 continues to sell great and granted, while it's a remake of a classic, it's doing better than RE 7 since it was released two years later. Reason I want it to sell better is because im hoping Capcom goes with a third person perspective for RE 9.
It was released two year late and in some quarters sells less than REVII… it will probably never catch… the difference was smaller and with the time it did grow.

For example that is how it is doing quarter by quarter.

Resident Evil 7 - 9 Million (500K+)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.1M (300K+)

Resident Evil VII - 9.8M (+800K)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.6M (+500K)

Resident Evil VII - 10.2M (+400K)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.9M (+300K)

Resident Evil 7 - 10.6M +400K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 9.3M +400K

Resident Evil VII - 10.8M +200K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 9.6M +200K

Resident Evil 7 - 11M +200K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 9.8M +200K

The older keep selling better or quela to the newer game… the gap will never shrink that way… the legs of REVII are better than REmake 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: peter42O

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
RE7 has also been free on Ps5 for plus members since ps5 launch.

I doubt those numbers are included because I can only imagine that number being… huge. It could actually be the most played RE game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
RE7 has also been free on Ps5 for plus members since ps5 launch.

I doubt those numbers are included because I can only imagine that number being… huge.
I don’t think it includes it because if not REVII should be at way higher numbers... like 20m or more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It was released two year late and in some quarters sells less than REVII… it will probably never catch… the difference was smaller and with the time it did grow.

For example that is how it is doing quarter by quarter.

Resident Evil 7 - 9 Million (500K+)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.1M (300K+)

Resident Evil VII - 9.8M (+800K)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.6M (+500K)

Resident Evil VII - 10.2M (+400K)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.9M (+300K)

Resident Evil 7 - 10.6M +400K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 9.3M +400K

Resident Evil VII - 10.8M +200K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 9.6M +200K

Resident Evil 7 - 11M +200K
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 9.8M +200K

The older keep selling better or quela to the newer game… the gap will never shrink that way… the legs of REVII are better than REmake 2.
One thing to remember is that re7 was included with some psvr bundles in 2019 and had a boost thanks to the village bundle of the game. Don't get me wrong re7s sales are super impressive but re2 has yet to be pushed as hard yet and doesn't have a gold edition. I wonder if a re4 remake deluxe digital edition will include re3 and re2 remake with it like how re6 collectors edition on ps3 came with dl codes for re5 gold edition, re4 HD, code veronica HD I believe

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

Thats how I feel about 5 and 6. At first I thought re5 was okay then re6 came out and I really didn't like it and after I got the platinum on ps3 I never really touched that game again until like 3 years later in 2015 and still didn't like it but thought it was okay. But I also replayed re5 in 2015 and really hated when going thru it again.

However I loved resident evil 8 village, thought it was goty last year even tho I have yet to try ratchet and clank

Status
Not open for further replies.