YTD: PS5 14.5 m; NSW 9.91 m; X/S ~ 4.15 m

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Crazy that the PS5 is about to outsell 3 years of Xbox sales in a single year.

shocked philip j fry GIF
I heard there is a shortage.

Idk shortage of what though

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Brain cells at Installbase.
I don't know why they changed their logo to Spider-Man instead of Mario Wonder. They are so negative about every metric for Playstation (Spider-Man included) it's ridiculous. Even the record-breaking Q2 thread reads like Sony is near bankruptcy.

Shitty posters like Bernd Lauert, GodlyTrident and Fiendcode reign supreme and they are free to shoot their bile in every Sony threads to poison the conversation. I need a prozac after reading the comments there.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I don't know why they changed their logo to Spider-Man instead of Mario Wonder. They are so negative about every metric for Playstation (Spider-Man included) it's ridiculous. Even the record-breaking Q2 thread reads like Sony is near bankruptcy.

Shitty posters like Bernd Lauert, GodlyTrident and Fiendcode reign supreme and they are free to shoot their bile in every Sony threads to poison the conversation. I need a prozac after reading the comments there.
that idiot godlytrident said ABK makes more money than all of playstation 😂 And Welfare trying to convince people that xbox is at 26m now while also still yapping about shortages is hilarious

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
How many times we're going to see that graph from Xbox Brasil with the 21 millions. As if that was official sales 🙄

The 26 millions from Welfare is also way too high since they were down every month and every quarter.

Between 22-23 millions. That I can believe, higher is impossible.
The Brazil numbers are official. Ampere had estimated XBS at 21.3M back in March.

My numbers are shipped.

Xbox has sold ~1.25M in the US in the 6 months after March 2023. Ampere estimated Xbox sold 1.8M in Q1 2023 (19.5M as of December 2022). US sales were ~720K, or 40% of worldwide that quarter.

Assuming US was 50% for April to September, that would mean 2.5M Xbox's have been sold. 21.3M + 2.5M = 23.8M

My shipment LTD for XBS is 25.8M, or just 2M unsold units, which is average right before the holidays.

The estimate for Series should be a bit lower… it is Warfare after all :p

Probably below 4 million.
Not sure if crossed 25 million.
Nah I've been about spot on for most of the XBS life.

We have the total of 5 of the first 6 quarters for XBS and my estimates were near spot on for those.

4.6M actual shipments in first two quarters.
My estimates were 3.1M + 1.5M = 4.6M, so spot on.

And then 7.8M actual shipments for quarters 4+5+6.
My estimates for those quarters were 7.9M, so I was only 100K higher than actual.

There's then the LTD shipments I had at the end of 2022 which was proven to be more accurate after Ampere adjusted XBS sell through up by 1M.

My numbers aren't going to be off by an egregious amount.

I don't know why they changed their logo to Spider-Man instead of Mario Wonder. They are so negative about every metric for Playstation (Spider-Man included) it's ridiculous.
I think it was at the start of the year we decided to create a theme for each platform's big exclusive that we thought would launch this year. Zelda, Starfield, and Spider-Man.

that idiot godlytrident said ABK makes more money than all of playstation 😂 And Welfare trying to convince people that xbox is at 26m now while also still yapping about shortages is hilarious
Series X shortages ended in the US back in June. You guys are still harping on that like I'm saying it's still sold out.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think it was at the start of the year we decided to create a theme for each platform's big exclusive that we thought would launch this year. Zelda, Starfield, and Spider-Man.
It's like a facade. You see that logo and then you start reading the comments and it's all negative and pessimism about anything surrounding the game and the sales. It leaves a real bad taste. Just drop the facade and put a big Xbox and Nintendo logo.

Poor Enpleinjour I can see the banhammer coming any minute because they are the only PS fan there. They get so much abuse and snide.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
For 2023, PlayStation division is trailing behind ABK.

Low profit margin for PlayStation continues to be a big issue for Sony. With the acquisition of ABK, Sony PlayStation will be the last when it comes profitability amongst console manufacturers.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
For 2023, PlayStation division is trailing behind ABK.

Low profit margin for PlayStation continues to be a big issue for Sony. With the acquisition of ABK, Sony PlayStation will be the last when it comes profitability amongst console manufacturers.
No, ABK profits won't compensate for Xbox losses, and it's guaranteed Xbox will find a way to smother them instead.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
The estimate for Series should be a bit lower… it is Warfare after all :p

Probably below 4 million.
Not sure if crossed 25 million.

This is shipped number. Like i've said above :MS oversaturated retail channels with XSS which is selling like crap and sitting on shelves. Surely huge amount of that crappy consoles are there. Probably 3-4 million.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
My shipment LTD for XBS is 25.8M, or just 2M unsold units, which is average right before the holidays.

For Xbox is more than average. MS overstuffed retail channels with XSS which is selling barely throughout the whole year. Probably 3-4 million are sitting in warehouses and shelves.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The Brazil numbers are official. Ampere had estimated XBS at 21.3M back in March.

My numbers are shipped.

Xbox has sold ~1.25M in the US in the 6 months after March 2023. Ampere estimated Xbox sold 1.8M in Q1 2023 (19.5M as of December 2022). US sales were ~720K, or 40% of worldwide that quarter.

Assuming US was 50% for April to September, that would mean 2.5M Xbox's have been sold. 21.3M + 2.5M = 23.8M

Nah I've been about spot on for most of the XBS life.

We have the total of 5 of the first 6 quarters for XBS and my estimates were near spot on for those.

4.6M actual shipments in first two quarters.
My estimates were 3.1M + 1.5M = 4.6M, so spot on.

And then 7.8M actual shipments for quarters 4+5+6.
My estimates for those quarters were 7.9M, so I was only 100K higher than actual.

There's then the LTD shipments I had at the end of 2022 which was proven to be more accurate after Ampere adjusted XBS sell through up by 1M.

My numbers aren't going to be off by an egregious amount.

Series X shortages ended in the US back in June. You guys are still harping on that like I'm saying it's still sold out.
There never were Xbox Series X shortages in 2023, just idiots claiming bundles didn’t count as systems available to push their agenda.

You’re something below an utter joke with this shit.