1st party PlayStation PC games helped Sony generate $2.5 billion from its Other segment, a new all-time high.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
There is absolutely no data here to indicate that PC ports did jack all.
This is the exact same dude that made the viral article that Sony's data said people aren't buying $70 games when their data said no such thing. It's clear he has some sort of agenda and twists Sony's data to fit whatever narrative.

According to his made up theory the first horizon port generated $1.5 billion dollars on PC 🤣 He's starting to give Bloomberg a run for their money on how many things you can make up from one Sony financial presentation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is the exact same dude that made the viral article that Sony's data said people aren't buying $70 games when their data said no such thing. It's clear he has some sort of agenda and twists Sony's data to fit whatever narrative.
I called him out on Twitter.
Said he looks like Xbots creating misinformation.
We don’t need that.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

A special shout-out to Bryank75.
HS1RUgf.jpg

HS1Yh5x.jpg

Yeah, sure..just ignore the PSVR2 and Edge controller launch.

I'm sure returnal and sackboy made massive money with 600 people online peak at launch.

When you have proof that PC ports were the ACTUAL driver of the all time high, then get back to me.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As long as its a year or 3 out of release and not all the games it will be ok.
Day 1 = not doube dippers and small percentage migrating to PC. Which means no 3rd party sales from those users and money going to steam, even 1st party

24 Jun 2022
Just a bit more to understand…

FY21 Others: $1.70 billion.
FY21 PC games: $80 million.

Let’s say accessories is the same as FY21.
That left $0.8m for PSVR2 and PC games.

But accessories is probably up this year and PSVR2 is the most of the rest… I mean 1 million PSVR2 is already over $500 million revenue.

PC games is probably around $200-300m max imo.

FWIW I think that was Sony's target for PC this past FY, right? $300 million? So I guess they hit it.

Although they could have also came under that target. By how much is anyone's guess. I think it's maybe a bit telling that PC sales revenue was not specifically touched on despite having a revenue target stated previously, which could hint that perhaps they missed their target.

But we're left to speculate on that and, at the end of the day, the revenue from the PC ports is nothing compared to the revenue they're making off 1P and 3P software sales on the console itself.

According to his made up theory the first horizon port generated $1.5 billion dollars on PC 🤣 He's starting to give Bloomberg a run for their money on how many things you can make up from one Sony financial presentation.

I don't think Derek actually wrote that article, that was Bloomberg Takahashi. I'm not sure where Derek leans but he's at least way more neutral than Takahashi, who clearly has a bias against PlayStation and twists reports to paint BS doom-and-gloom narratives on them.

So I wouldn't put Derek in that same group yet; for example in the article about Sony's allocation for acquisitions being reduced he speaks a lot about them using the money reduced from that to invest into the PlayStation side of the business instead. If he were Bloomberg Takahashi, he'd leave that part out completely and say Sony's going broke.

At least just going off what I've seen of his posts on Twitter, and recent articles. Only became more aware of their content recently. If there's a past associated with him being blatantly anti-PlayStation/Sony I wouldn't know of it.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
We already have this thread.

I got my Edge and PSVR2. I contributed more to those billions than all the people that bought Sackboy on PC.

Thank you Sony!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Microsoft makes more money in a quarter than Sony makes in a year.
Microsoft is almost a 2 trillion dollar company. That's why they can buy publishers like ZeniMax Media, Activision-Blizzard and soon Sega or Capcom with a ton of successful IPs, while Sony acquires no-name studios like Haven, Firewalk and Firesprite with 0 IPs.
Stick to topic Sony trounces Microsoft in revenue/profit in gaming. We give two shits about all the money their cloud services and other non gaming related stuff brings in. That shit hasn't helped them at all with their mediocre gaming offerings for years and years, nor their hardware which is losing face offs left and right to PS5 :) Sony has decades more in gaming, gaming management, hardware and understanding and it shows clearly.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You an ass 😂😂 trump is always fucking with poor sleepy Joe. Boy we've had a really bad run of Presidents, thts for sure. Kind of like Microsoft with it's Constant bad runs of everything 😂😂
lol, yep not sure what has happened to the USA presidents over the last 8 years or so, they seem pretty bad lol.

There should really be an age restriction IMO, i mean they are both really old, too old for office.

Saying that we did have Boris Johson, he was not that old but he was a total clown lol.

I think it's just a politician thing in general,

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
lol, yep not sure what has happened to the USA presidents over the last 8 years or so, they seem pretty bad lol.

There should really be an age restriction IMO, i mean they are both really old, too old for office.

Saying that we did have Boris Johson, he was not that old but he was a total clown lol.

Yeah Biden obviously has early stages of Alzeihmers lol smh

Reactions: Vertigo
OP
OP
Sleepy Brown

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Stick to topic Sony trounces Microsoft in revenue/profit in gaming. We give two shits about all the money their cloud services and other non gaming related stuff brings in. That shit hasn't helped them at all with their mediocre gaming offerings for years and years, nor their hardware which is losing face offs left and right to PS5 :) Sony has decades more in gaming, gaming management, hardware and understanding and it shows clearly.
It's on topic. They will use that money to buy even more publishers. Which means more exclusive games and content for Xbox Game Pass. Games that will skip the PlayStation ecosystem like Starfield or Hi-Fi Rush.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I don't think Derek actually wrote that article, that was Bloomberg Takahashi. I'm not sure where Derek leans but he's at least way more neutral than Takahashi, who clearly has a bias against PlayStation and twists reports to paint BS doom-and-gloom narratives on them.

So I wouldn't put Derek in that same group yet; for example in the article about Sony's allocation for acquisitions being reduced he speaks a lot about them using the money reduced from that to invest into the PlayStation side of the business instead. If he were Bloomberg Takahashi, he'd leave that part out completely and say Sony's going broke.

At least just going off what I've seen of his posts on Twitter, and recent articles. Only became more aware of their content recently. If there's a past associated with him being blatantly anti-PlayStation/Sony I wouldn't know of it.
Bloomberg's concern trolling was something different. Derek was the one who created this fictional $70 games is hurting sales narrative out of thin air. His tweet about it even has 2.9 million views with people taking it as fact.

He's had a habit twice now of taking Sony's positive financials and creating his own spin on things and reporting them as if it's something Sony themselves has said, which isn't true.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Just 8 years? We've had a string of incredibly shitty presidents since 2000, and the ones we've had since JFK were all mediocre at best (yes including Reagan and Clinton).
Bush - no words necessary, plunged us into a double decade disaster in the middle east for no reason (cough oil cough) at the cost of ~6+ trillion dollars, on top of being dumb as shit
Obama - all promises but when rubber hit the road he bailed out banks instead of everyone else and not one bank exec was prosecuted
Trump - lel
Biden - double lel

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just 8 years? We've had a string of incredibly shitty presidents since 2000, and the ones we've had since JFK were all mediocre at best (yes including Reagan and Clinton).
Bush - no words necessary, plunged us into a double decade disaster in the middle east for no reason (cough oil cough) at the cost of ~6+ trillion dollars, on top of being dumb as shit
Obama - all promises but when rubber hit the road he bailed out banks instead of everyone else and not one bank exec was prosecuted
Trump - lel
Biden - double lel
Agreed!