BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME - Mortal Kombat 1

BEST AUDIO - Final Fantasy XVI

BEST GAME TRAILER - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

STREAMERS' CHOICE - Valorant

BEST GAME COMMUNITY - Baldur's Gate 3

BEST GAMING HARDWARE - PlayStation VR2

BREAKTHROUGH AWARD - Cocoon

CRITIC'S CHOICE AWARD - Alan Wake 2

BEST LEAD PERFORMER - Ben Starr as Lord Clive Rosfield (Final Fantasy XVI)

BEST SUPPORTING PERFORMER - Neil Newbon as Astarion (Baldur's Gate 3)

NINTENDO GAME OF THE YEAR - Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

PC GAME OF THE YEAR - Baldur's Gate 3

XBOX GAME OF THE YEAR - Starfield (HiFi Rush got robbed)

PLAYSTATION GAME OF THE YEAR - Resident Evil 4 ( Spider-Man 2 was out of the eligibility window, it should've been FF16....)

MOST WANTED GAME - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

ULTIMATE GAME OF THE YEAR - Baldur's Gate 3

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Why is Zelda's English VA nominated for anything? Do they have a joke category for worst performance?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sorry about that, literally the most important single word in my post got eaten (its fixed now.)
Oh ok, I guess they just wanted to represent someone from each platform? They had the Starfield voice actor that was even worse than Zelda's.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
MK best multiplayer? Street Fighter 6 got robbed.

Golden Joysticks Awards are from UK, so they'll have some bias to UK/English stuff in awards, nominations, winners, etc.

What a fucking joke lmao

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I got 2nd hand embarrassment from the PlayStation GOTY nominees 😂😂 FF16 definitely should've won, not RE4, which is a remake AND A DAMN MULTIPLAT
Better than Switch which had literal shovelware (Fae Farm) among its nominees. They either paid to be there or people could only remember 4 other Switch games and had to put something as the last nominee.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I got 2nd hand embarrassment from the PlayStation GOTY nominees 😂😂 FF16 definitely should've won, not RE4, which is a remake AND A DAMN MULTIPLAT
Why was RE4 even nominated for best PS game? It's so ridiculous.

SM2 came out on Oct 20 and it was already too late but not Alan Wake 2 that came out Oct 27? What a joke of awards. Bunch of clowns they can all go fuck themselves.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

SM2 came out on Oct 20 and it was already too late but not Alan Wake 2 that came out Oct 27? What a joke of awards. Bunch of clowns they can all go fuck themselves.
This too lmao, but to be fair Mario Wonder wasn't nominated either. The actors for SM2 and AW2 being eligible for nominations but not SM2 itself or Mario Wonder makes zero sense.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
RE4 is one of my favorite games this year, but a remake of a game that initially tried to skip the PlayStation platform won when other exclusives were as good. What a joke.

Is it implied that StarField is better than RE4? Because that’s ridiculous.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

WOW SPIDER-MAN 2 IS AN ULTIMATE GOTY NOMINEE BUT NOT A PLAYSTATION GAME NOMINEE ?!?!? HOW ???

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Wait, they let players vote on GotY and don't issue their own? What? Is that true for all of the categories?