JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
BG3 wins :
  • Best Storytelling
  • Best Game Community
  • Best Visual Design
  • PC Game of the Year
  • Best Supporting Performance, Astarion (Neil Newborn)
  • Ultimate GOTY
  • Larian Studio of the Year
Much deserved, I hope other studios take notes. High quality single player games are your ticket to success, not following lazy trends like gaas or bloated open world crap.
I find highly dumb, insulting, unrespectful and stupid to make GOTY awards of a year that didn't end.

I think the GOTY awards should be made in January, not in December and even less in early November, which i find retarded.
I agree 100% , Spider-Man 2 will be nominated for best PlayStation game next year 🤦‍♂️ an entire year after its released.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Evilms

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I find highly dumb, insulting, unrespectful and stupid to make GOTY awards of a year that didn't end.

I think the GOTY awards should be made in January, not in December and even less in early November, which i find retarded.
you're supposed to buy these games in november and december

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
OK, this explains why Spider-Man 2 was nominated for certain categories but not others, it's still a flawed system though IMO.

F-l7fTRWEAAaAhD
But why choose these dates? The biggest games of the year ALWAYS come out in October, November and December. Even December 10 would make more sense than November.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
But why choose these dates? The biggest games of the year ALWAYS come out in October, November and December. Even December 10 would make more sense than November.
Yeah these dates are stupid, but I guess they don’t want to clash with Geoff’s show…they should just have it in January like Yurinka said

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
GOTY… 100% agree.
Others Baldur Gate 3 related awards… agree.
DLC… 100% agree.
VR and VR game… 100% agree.
Multiplayer… disagree.
Nintendo… 100% agree.
PC… 100% agree.
PS and Xbox… disagree… it should be Balder Gate 3… Starfield being listed is a joke, no?
NoManSky redemption… yeap it is better than Starfield.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah these dates are stupid, but I guess they don’t want to clash with Geoff’s show…they should just have it in January like Yurinka said
They do Golden Joystick decades before Geoff even think about that show… I don’t know the Geoff age but a lot gamers where not even born (I was 5 months old when the first one happened).

It is the 41th ceremony.

It started in 1983 without miss any year with the same time frame for votes… late year releases will only enter in next-year edition.

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023

I kinda agree with this. It does feel kind of dumb to not wait until everything releases in said year and not give a award until the next year.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For these interested these are the rules since 1983… I don’t know why it was chose like that but I believe it is because the celebration happens in early November.

WHAT IS THE CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION?

• The game must have been released betweenNovember 1, 2022 and October 30, 2023 (when core 2023 voting closes).
  • Ongoing / online games which launched before this period are eligible for the ‘Still Playing’ and ‘Best Game Expansion’ categories.
  • Games set for release after November 10 (the day of our show), 2023 will be eligible for the Most Wanted award.
  • Games released between October 30, 2023 (when public voting closes) and November 10, 2023 (the day of the awards) will be considered for our critically selected categories.

And yes Spider-man 2 was part of this year award and it won’t be there next year.

It was even nominated to GOTY.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They do Golden Joystick decades before Geoff even think about that show… I don’t know the Geoff age but a lot gamers where not even born (I was 5 months old when the first one happened).

It is the 41th ceremony.

It started in 1983 without miss any year with the same time frame for votes… late year releases will only enter in next-year edition.
That’s irrelevant when his show is now 1000x more popular than theirs. There was only 400 viewers as I was watching.
And yes Spider-man 2 was part of this year award and it won’t be there next year.

It was even nominated to GO
I already posted the rules and no spider-man 2 was not part of every award, only critic awards. Thats why it wasn’t an option for votes on “Best PlayStation game”

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I already posted the rules and no spider-man 2 was not part of every award, only critic awards. Thats why it wasn’t an option for votes on “Best PlayStation game”
You could vote for Spider-man for GOTY… it was public award not critic.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Yeah, there are some weird quirks to the Golden Joysticks Awards. In 2021, Mass Effect Legendary Edition a remastered was nominated in the Ultimate Game of the Year category.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Reminder that I need to play Sea of Stars and Cocoon this winter. Awesome nod to Neil Newbon for his Astarion performance. So many times, I would smile at an unexpected one-liner from him. Just clicking the character and him saying "let's hurt someone!" got me every time.
The entire voice cast of BG3 is legendary but Astarion is on another level

If only I liked his personality lmao. The women seem to go wild over him tho

Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Btw the reason Spiderman 2 isn't the playstation game of the year is because there are 2 rounds of voting on different categories, one round finished before SM2 released (which is weird).

Reactions: JAHGamer