2023 Golden Joysticks Awards

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Wait, they let players vote on GotY and don't issue their own? What? Is that true for all of the categories?
Yes certain categories are voted on by fans, not sure which

RE4 is one of my favorite games this year, but a remake of a game that initially tried to skip the PlayStation platform won when other exclusives were as good. What a joke.

Is it implied that StarField is better than RE4? Because that’s ridiculous.
Not at all, Starflop wasn't even nominated for Ultimate GOTY and RE4 was 😂🤣😂

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Reminder that I need to play Sea of Stars and Cocoon this winter. Awesome nod to Neil Newbon for his Astarion performance. So many times, I would smile at an unexpected one-liner from him. Just clicking the character and him saying "let's hurt someone!" got me every time.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Reminder that I need to play Sea of Stars and Cocoon this winter. Awesome nod to Neil Newbon for his Astarion performance. So many times, I would smile at an unexpected one-liner from him. Just clicking the character and him saying "let's hurt someone!" got me every time.
Yes, he's extremely talented, I'm glad he won something today and I hope to see/hear him in more games in the future

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I feel like Golden Joystick need some pushback on not including SM2 and for letting RE2 get awarded over FFXVI.

Very disappointed with the way these awards are done.
Yeah they seriously need to re evaluate how they do these awards. I get they don't wanna clash with Geoff's award show but there has to be a better way.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Congratulations to resident evil 4 remake ... The expansion should've gone to forbidden west burning shores
I loved both, I wouldn't be mad at either one of them winning. I played both endings of Phantom Liberty and 1 of them was so good I preferred it over Burning Shores, but the other one was mediocre and Burning Shores is 100x better.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
OK, this explains why Spider-Man 2 was nominated for certain categories but not others, it's still a flawed system though IMO.

F-l7fTRWEAAaAhD

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I loved both, I wouldn't be mad at either one of them winning. I played both endings of Phantom Liberty and 1 of them was so good I preferred it over Burning Shores, but the other one was mediocre and Burning Shores is 100x better.
I'd pick it just for the end boss alone which was awesome

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Didn't bother with cyberpunk since the terrible launch & not being that keen of first person RPGs
I think you should check it out, game is in great condition finally and it can be had for dirt cheap. It's one of the best open world rpg's out right now, especially after the updates, the combat is actually good now.