40 Minutes Of Starfield Gameplay Have Leaked Online

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Enemy AI looks braindead. Not the first, nor the last game to have braindead AI, whether indie, AA or AAA but it's clear. Deathloop, Red fall and now Starfield, all with braindead enemy AI. Won't break a game but won't make combat encounters exciting, or tactical in any way... which means once you get over the initial hype honeymoon period there is not much there. Naturally some games compensate for braindead AI with clever encounter design, arena design, sheer enemy counts and other tricks but here what you'll get to get your mind off the shallow combat is exploration OCD fix aka the RPG elements.

Last edited:

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Enemy AI looks braindead. Not the first, nor the last game to have braindead AI, whether indie, AA or AAA but it's clear. Deathloop, Red fall and now Starfield, all with braindead enemy AI.
Most games have braindead AI tbh. I haven't seen a game with good AI in years.

Won't break a game but won't make combat encounters exciting, or tactical in any way... which means once you get over the initial hype honeymoon period there is not much there. Naturally some games compensate for braindead AI with clever encounter design, arena design, sheer enemy counts and other tricks but here what you'll get to get your mind off the shallow combat is exploration OCD fix aka the RPG elements.
I think the combat will be fun. It's several ways to actually fight in this game as opposed to just running and gunning.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
🤷‍♂️

What blowns my mind. They have loading screen inside of the ship.
That's terrible lol funny shit is we've been so spoiled lately that I love Remnant 2 but they have loading screens and I was like wtf is this! Even if it's only for a few seconds, same with hogwarts.

Reactions: SLB1904

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yup. me too. Animations look very good and comparable to what's the latest out now. I love the lighting too and hope it continues. I also like how they dump you into the game right away without a proper introduction first.

Ok, come on, this looks nothing like other things out now a animation wise. Its better than your usual Bethesda standards, but still subpar compared to other AAA titles.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Maybe its guys tv but the washed out color looks bad IMO, and that artstyle isnt helping things. Weird that MS isnt letting "trusted" streamers show off the game in the best light and instead we get potato quality footage from literal who twitter accounts. Its like theyre simultaneously trying to hide the game but also hype it up.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yup. me too. Animations look very good and comparable to what's the latest out now. I love the lighting too and hope it continues. I also like how they dump you into the game right away without a proper introduction first.

Wait latest compared to what? There are so many things wrong with this statement if you are comparing Starfields animations even facial to that of much higher quality titles that use the best mo-cap.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
That's terrible lol funny shit is we've been so spoiled lately that I love Remnant 2 but they have loading screens and I was like wtf is this! Even if it's only for a few seconds, same with hogwarts.
Hogwarts is a crossgen game so it makes sense this is current gen only (is the switch version still happening not heard anything about it in ages)