According to a Microsoft Brazil presentation, current Xbox Series S|X Sales are over 21M+

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
21 millions seems low and we know it cratered in 2023 so there's no momentum at all. Maybe 25 millions shipped by the end of the year.

How many 360 sold at this point in the gen?

It isn't low. Second half of XS sales in 2022 were total disaster globally. Especially during last holiday

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Microsoft always reports sold-in, not sold through.

Edit - I really can't read.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
PS4 : 118 million
XB1 : 58 million

PS5 : 40 million
XSX+S : 21 millions

ratio 2:1 worldwide

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
7r2wxs.jpg

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
After 11 quarters on the market :

Xbox : 15.5 million (June 2004)
Xbox 360 : 20.3 million (June 2008)
Xbox Series X+S : +21 million (June 2023)

Xbox One: 18~19 million (January 2016, 9 quarters only, sales numbers given by Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s worse when half of those series SuX consoles are gimped last gen Series S machines meant to compete with ps4 pro.

All PS5s are next gen 😋

In reality… way, way more actual next gen Sony machines sold. It should not be ignored how Series S is a massive blunder.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
After 11 quarters on the market :

Xbox : 15.5 million (June 2004)
Xbox 360 : 20.3 million (June 2008)
Xbox Series X+S : +21 million (June 2023)

Xbox One: 18~19 million (January 2016, 9 quarters only, sales numbers given by Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen)
The thing about the Series is that it has a $226 console available on Amazon.com right now (has been there for some time) and it's still slowing down considerably in it's third year.

PS5 sales exploded in year 3 before a slim, price cut, pro or anything else.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
This goes to show how consoles is all about long term reputation and specially momentum at ending the generation to build hype for the next one.

The series consoles are basically paying the price for all the fuckups on the late 360 and Xbox one era. At most they will sell 60M. 70M if they absolutely kill it with first party games now until 2028. Bangers every quarter. Anything less and sales will be below 60M.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This goes to show how consoles is all about long term reputation and specially momentum at ending the generation to build hype for the next one.

The series consoles are basically paying the price for all the fuckups on the late 360 and Xbox one era. At most they will sell 60M. 70M if they absolutely kill it with first party games now until 2028. Bangers every quarter. Anything less and sales will be below 60M.
Different visions I guess.

If Series have games like Xbox One had it could be in a way better position.
But MS basically not giving a shit to release games harms more it sales than Gamepass help.

I believe internally MS belived that Gamepass was enough to make people wants to buy Series consoles... that turned out being false.
Good games being released constantaly makes you want a Series console.

See for example Nintendo with it very strong release schedule every year... it makes even PS fans wants to have a Switch (I ended thinking about buy one several times the last two years... just not did it because I always give the excuse to wait the Switch sucessor).

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Different visions I guess.

If Series have games like Xbox One had it could be in a way better position.
But MS basically not giving a shit to release games harms more it sales than Gamepass help.

I believe internally MS belived that Gamepass was enough to make people wants to buy Series consoles... that turned out being false.
Good games being released constantaly makes you want a Series console.

See for example Nintendo with it very strong release schedule every year... it makes even PS fans wants to have a Switch (I ended thinking about buy one several times the last two years... just not did it because I always give the excuse to wait the Switch sucessor).

Yeah that's true down the line. We will see if it happens with starfield onwards. But at the beginning of the generation folks also buy consoles for the expectation of good games releasing eventually.

Case in point, the PS3 to PS4 transition. PS3 ended the generation very strong and was a factor in driving PS4 sales on the first year at least.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I mean, I just don't see why Microsoft make Xbox hardware.....

Why not just publish on PS and Nintendo and collect the sales cash and have a special Gamepass for them if they allow?

Then grow on PC and through their live service games.

They lose money on consoles, they are no longer showing gamepass numbers, they are cannibalizing software sales. They are trying to do too much and doing nothing really well. Less can be more.

They could have a nice niche carved out for themselves with all the conflict avoided.

Last edited:

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Everything coming up Welfare, I know what I'm talking about.

We upgraded our sell-through estimates for end of 2022 previously. It is 19.5m. 21.1m end of March.

PiersHR is Ampere's analyst that posts that data.

@ethomaz @Cool hand luke @Dodkrake @thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I mean, I just don't see why Microsoft make Xbox hardware.....

Why not just publish on PS and Nintendo and collect the sales cash and have a special Gamepass for them if they allow?

Then grow on PC and through their live service games.

They lose money on consoles, they are no longer showing gamepass numbers, they are cannibalizing software sales. They are trying to do too much and doing nothing really well. Less can be more.

They could have a nice niche carved out for themselves with all the conflict avoided.
To fuel the flames of console war.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Bryank75