According to a Microsoft Brazil presentation, current Xbox Series S|X Sales are over 21M+

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I mean, I just don't see why Microsoft make Xbox hardware.....

Why not just publish on PS and Nintendo and collect the sales cash and have a special Gamepass for them if they allow?

Then grow on PC and through their live service games.

They lose money on consoles, they are no longer showing gamepass numbers, they are cannibalizing software sales. They are trying to do too much and doing nothing really well. Less can be more.

The Xbox one, a clusterfuck of a console from day one. With bad PR at launch, a peripheral no one wanted. Less powerful, less first and third party releases than the competition, games on PC ....

With all that, they sold 58M consoles. Nintendo had several generations of home consoles selling worse than that and they are still selling HW (terrible HW at that)

Reactions: Bryank75

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Slow crawling to 58M after 10 years and so many discounts is nothing to brag about as something Amazing. It’s way behind X360 sales. The brand has fell bad. No amount of “well they sold that many with no software and bad PR” will change that. 58M isn’t some big number. It’s average.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Everything coming up Welfare, I know what I'm talking about.

PiersHR is Ampere's analyst that posts that data.

@ethomaz @Cool hand luke @Dodkrake @thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Hmmmmmm

I have gone back and recalculated Xbox hardware shipments and as of the 2015/2022 period I have XB1 at 21.7M and XBS at 22.2M.

So by the end of 2022 you had 22.2M SHIPMENTS for the Series X, yet with a stock shortage, they only have 21.1M sold-through by March 2023, 3 months later?

Basically they have a stock shortage yet still have stock from Q4 2022? And by the way, you can tag me all you want, I don't think I ever estimated their sold through with actual methodology, I called you out on your bullshit that they had >3M in stock.

So we had by the end of Q4
- 22.2M sold in (your numbers) vs 19.5M sold through (Ampere's data, which I won't question)

By the end of Q1 23
- 23.8M sold in (my estimate, based on a permanent 2.7M stock) vs 21.1M through (Ampere's data)

Yet stock shortage.

Sure jan. Thanks for self debunking your own bullshit.

Edit - and I don't really give a fuck if I'm right or wrong since we're discussing billion dollar company console stocks. But I do not like people like you, that pretend they can get away with bullshit while calling others dumb.

edit - corrected the Q1 23 numbers, had them the other way around

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Hmmmmmm

So by the end of 2022 you had 22.2M SHIPMENTS for the Series X, yet with a stock shortage, they only have 21.1M sold-through by March 2023, 3 months later?

Basically they have a stock shortage yet still have stock from Q4 2022? And by the way, you can tag me all you want, I don't think I ever estimated their sold through with actual methodology, I called you out on your bullshit that they had >3M in stock.

So we had by the end of Q4
- 22.2M sold in (your numbers) vs 19.5M sold through (Ampere's data, which I won't question)

By the end of Q1 23
- 23.8M sold in (my estimate, based on a permanent 2.7M stock) vs 21.1M through (Ampere's data)

Yet stock shortage.

Sure jan. Thanks for self debunking your own bullshit.

Edit - and I don't really give a fuck if I'm right or wrong since we're discussing billion dollar company console stocks. But I do not like people like you, that pretend they can get away with bullshit while calling others dumb.

edit - corrected the Q1 23 numbers, had them the other way around
On Install Base back in May I brought that 22.2M down to 21.3M, so that with Ampere sell through would be 1.8M unsold, of which most of that is the Series S.

But with the 3.2M Q4 2022, that would bring my numbers down to 20.8M, of which would be 1.3M unsold.

However, I was probably wrong to lower XBS shipments outside of Q4 2022 like I did with XB1, so I'll have to reevaluate everything.

I don't know why you think I'm referring to all of XBS when talking about Series X.

I don't post bullshit. None of you take the time to understand what I've been saying here for months and can't comprehend the scale and size of what you think evidence is.

Almost everything I've brought up has been accurate. I figured you guys would give up the Series X supply issue when Phil stated they increased supply but for some reason you fight it.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Lmao "when Phil stated". Phil perjury Spencer has zero credibility. If he said something publicly he probably thinks the opposite, and if it's a matter of fact, then it's a lie.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Lmao "when Phil stated". Phil perjury Spencer has zero credibility. If he said something publicly he probably thinks the opposite, and if it's a matter of fact, then it's a lie.
Just ignore reality because it goes against what you thought was right. Nice reasoning 👍

Fact is Series X was going in and out of stock (verifiable) and was harder to find than the PS5 (verifiable) in the US this year.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just ignore reality because it goes against what you thought was right. Nice reasoning 👍

Fact is Series X was going in and out of stock (verifiable) and was harder to find than the PS5 (verifiable) in the US this year.
The big irony here is that you overestimated xbox sales by at least a million because you're the one who constantly ignores reality 🤣 🤣 🤣

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That their numbers are sell through and mine are shipments?

My god this an argument from months ago I had to go over.
Soooo sell through dramatically lower than shipments yet you constantly claim supply constraints, while ignoring the substitution effect where customers will choose a cheaper alternative when their preferred choice is unavailable or too expensive, an econ 101 principle. Sure buddy. Keep acting like you have a handle on the industry. Dunning-Krueger exemplified.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Soooo sell through dramatically lower than shipments yet you constantly claim supply constraints, while ignoring the substitution effect where customers will choose a cheaper alternative when their preferred choice is unavailable or too expensive, an econ 101 principle. Sure buddy. Keep acting like you have a handle on the industry. Dunning-Krueger exemplified.
I just give up… he believes he is right so let it go 🤡

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
You keep bringing up terms you only heard about and have no practical understanding of.

How are you determining sell through is dramatically lower than shipments? And to that, why are you assuming Series X was just as well supplied as the Series S? They are two different products. Series X was supply constrained while Series S wasn't. That common knowledge.

Not everyone that wants the X will buy the S. That's common knowledge. Your econ theory doesn't say 100% of all consumers go to the other product. Otherwise, and your mind is going to be blown by this one, explain why the S didn't sell out while PS5 was unavailable?

The theory!

I have quite the handle on the video game sales industry. I'm the one that was actually looking every day from March 2020 to November 2022 the availability of every console in the US. That's how I was able to predict multiple different outcomes in NPD such as Xbox One completely clearing out of retail channels in December 2020, the 2:1 advantage PS5 had over XBS in Q1 2021, the XBS outselling PS5 in June 2021, November 2021, and December 2021. As well as predicting accurately that XBS would break the Xbox brand's highest unit record in March 2022. More to the record breaking months, I also expected PS5 to break the PlayStation February unit record in February 2023.

As well to that, I was predicting XBS 2022 sell through should be closer to 9M than 8M, and while it took a few months to be corrected, it ended up being close.

You've got... ? a Pringles can, a sponge, and a dream?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I love how you completely ignored Ampere raising their estimates by 1M. Tell us what you think about that.

I love how you came up with 50 billion excuses for your own "facts"

They had more consoles sold in in Q4 22, per your own bullshit math that we called out, than actually sold through in Q1 23, yet you keep on claiming some high and mighty moral authority as if you didn't just shoot yourself in the feet with a rocket launcher. Keep dreaming, mate, it's funny seeing your meltdowns.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I love how you completely ignored Ampere raising their estimates by 1M. Tell us what you think about that.
Because I started to ignore your dumb arguments… did you not realize that?

I mean last time we argued you were dead ser there are 4 million Series shitting one shelves and today you are basically saying the opposite.

I said to you one time and you didn’t learn… accept you were wrong and move on.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The one thing this proves is that @Heisenberg007 and I were right in our EOY '22 sold-through numbers for Series. It also proves Ampere's 20.5 million estimate was shipped, not sold-through.

FWIW, I pegged Series sold-through for EOY '22 to between 17-18 million. We can take MS's install base MAU data from the court proceedings and see that out of the 147 million PS4 + PS5 Sony shipped by EOY '22, 73% were active (as in they had active use of the systems through PS+, online-enabled games, etc.). Good reason to apply that same ratio to Xbox, which would mean 69 million shipped between XBO & Series by EOY '22.
download (6).jpeg

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
All PS5s are next gen. Series S is not. So Xbox is actually getting their shit pushed in 4:1

Reactions: Nhomnhom