According to a Microsoft Brazil presentation, current Xbox Series S|X Sales are over 21M+

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
I love how you came up with 50 billion excuses for your own "facts"

They had more consoles sold in in Q4 22, per your own bullshit math that we called out, than actually sold through in Q1 23, yet you keep on claiming some high and mighty moral authority as if you didn't just shoot yourself in the feet with a rocket launcher. Keep dreaming, mate, it's funny seeing your meltdowns.
My shipment estimates pointed to higher sell through of XBS than were initially reported, which ended up getting adjusted up 1M.

Also, using my initial numbers, if Xbox shipped 0 units in Q1 2023, they'd only have 900K units in the channels. Microsoft would still need to ship more units anyway, so what's the problem there? Healthy console availability typically needs ~2M unsold units at any given time worldwide.

Where am I claiming any high and mighty authority? I'm the one making claims so obviously I have to back them up. Someone says I don't "have a handle on the industry" I've been following US sales for years, there are three forums I've posted on that show this. I've made plenty of accurate assessments of the market since the pandemic alone. It's this forum alone that wants to fight evidence of Series X constantly selling out in the US. It's also this forum that tries to push the idea I don't know "econ theory" as if the actual professional analyst for the US market didn't agree with my position back in March. That's not me claiming high and mighty authority, that's me bringing evidence.

What's incredible is that you think I'm melting down. The past three weeks has been proving me right on this forum and all of you just hide behind the haha reaction, childish illogical arguments like "big tech lies!" to ignore reality, and anecdotal evidence to try and refute a point that the rest of the normal people already accept.

The bubble is strong here.
Because I started to ignore your dumb arguments… did you not realize that?

I mean last time we argued you were dead ser there are 4 million Series shitting one shelves and today you are basically saying the opposite.

I said to you one time and you didn’t learn… accept you were wrong and move on.
You're the one that was wrong lmao. The only reason I had to defend a 3.7M difference was because Ampere said sell through was 18.5M. They adjusted it up by a whole million which would make my initial shipment estimate more reasonable. If they initially reported 19.5M, I'd have no reason to "defend" a gap of 2.7M.

My shipment estimates were made prior to Ampere's initial sell through estimates.

You're the one that argued Xbox at best could only have a 55% US ratio, and was more likely to be closer to 60%.

"Dumb arguments" I made on this forum:

Xbox Series 2020 and 2021 sales had US share far below the initial 60% of Xbox One. 2022 should be similar. Look what happened there.

Xbox Series X was supply constrained in the US. Confirmed by just casually looking at retailer availability over the years and confirmed by Phil by saying supply increased due to fan feedback.

I think you stopped replying to my posts because you already know you're wrong but don't have the guts to just admit it. Just like earlier in the thread where I told you the numbers in the OP were sell through and you still fought back.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You're the one that argued Xbox at best could only have a 55% US ratio, and was more likely to be closer to 60%.
That was true… it was 56% 🤷‍♂️

Another thing you were very wrong and continue to post dozen of lines to “prove” it was below 50% 😂😂😂

You talk about Ampere rising the numbers but you forgot that to be 19.5m at end of December 2022 the shipment should be 21m+ at that time and not few months late.

After all their data does match with MS data… 21.1m + 55.1m = 76.6m… that again shows that the MS data is shipment… 79m shipment with 21m+ Serires and 57m+ Xbox One.

At end of 2022 shipment was probably around 20m.

And right now? I will be optimist here and guess a 1 million shipment per quarter for Series but looking at the drop in sales in all places it could be like Xbox One bad days with 700-800k shipments per quarter.

End of March: 22m+
Possible end of June: 23m+

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Sold through is the sentence you guys are looking. That is shipped and its Microsoft obviously is shipped

Reactions: Nhomnhom
24 Jun 2022

This meme's gonna get a lot of usage eh? 🤣

As for @Welfare , well it's the weekend and I don't want to get dragged into long convos on console sales. All I will say for now is, I can accept XBO LTD was 58 million, but given this Brazil event was very recent, the date of the numbers would come from the start of this month. If Ampere wants to state XBS sold 19.5 million by EOY '22, they can.

That just means XBS is 100% tracking at OG Xbox levels, then, maybe even a bit lower than that. At best they'd of sold 2 million in all of the past six months. They'd need to do another 4.2 million for ROTY to track at OG Xbox's third-year pace. It's still abysmal no matter how you look at it; by comparison PS5 hit 38 million in April and should easily be close to 42 million (or at least around 41.5 million) as of this month. That's dang near 2:1.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This meme's gonna get a lot of usage eh? 🤣

As for @Welfare , well it's the weekend and I don't want to get dragged into long convos on console sales. All I will say for now is, I can accept XBO LTD was 58 million, but given this Brazil event was very recent, the date of the numbers would come from the start of this month. If Ampere wants to state XBS sold 19.5 million by EOY '22, they can.

That just means XBS is 100% tracking at OG Xbox levels, then, maybe even a bit lower than that. At best they'd of sold 2 million in all of the past six months. They'd need to do another 4.2 million for ROTY to track at OG Xbox's third-year pace. It's still abysmal no matter how you look at it; by comparison PS5 hit 38 million in April and should easily be close to 42 million (or at least around 41.5 million) as of this month. That's dang near 2:1.
Yes! Found a new template after all 😄