After the Direct who really cares about Xbox going third party? Let's talk. Rate the Direct.

What would you rate the Direct?

• Total voters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
But there needs to be competition. You know, like the last 10 years where xbox had fuck all and Sony still had great games. Or, you know, the VR push Sony did despite not having any competition from xbox in that department.
Gamers who thinks Xbox is needed to keep Sony in check probably aren't aware or ignorantly ignores the fact Xbox was only created out of pure greed and spite on Microsoft end, because Sony refused to allow them to put Windows as the default OS on the PS2.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Ara looks great but i have zero interest in the genre. Also, im not a visuals/graphics guy. If I was, I would just go play on PC. Hellblade 2 looks amazing and best of all, should be a short 15 hour game for me which is great. My only issue with Hellblade 2 as of now are the black bars on the top of bottom of the screen. Hated that in The Order 1886 and The Evil Within.

The black bars are part of the reason they can push the visuals, less pixels to render. It will be a 7-8 hour game, not 15, because they have already said it’s the same length as the first.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The black bars are part of the reason they can push the visuals, less pixels to render. It will be a 7-8 hour game, not 15, because they have already said it’s the same length as the first.
OH didn't even really look, it has the black bars thing going on? True cinematic exp.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024

Yeah, I know and that's all true but I still don't like it. I would take less visuals in exchange for removing the black bars.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Yeah the order did the same.

I didn't like it there either or in Evil Within. Worse thing is that the first Hellblade didn't have black bars so it's like, UGH. Doubt that I will be able to but im hoping there's an option to remove the black bars.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didn't like it there either or in Evil Within. Worse thing is that the first Hellblade didn't have black bars so it's like, UGH. Doubt that I will be able to but im hoping there's an option to remove the black bars.
I stopped playing og Hellblade after two hours just to to restrictive with mediocre combat.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I stopped playing og Hellblade after two hours just to to restrictive with mediocre combat.

It is a very linear game which I don't mind at all and is a pleasant change from the numerous open world games out there. Combat wise, it was basic but brutal and visceral which I liked. For me, I rated it an 8.0/10 overall. Visuals - 9, Audio - 9, Gameplay/Combat - 7 and Story/Characters - 7. My biggest issue were the puzzles. Hated them.

With Hellblade 2, im expecting more of the same but better. I'm not expecting combat to have skill trees or depth but that's okay because in this kind of game, I don't think it would fit or make any sense.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It is a very linear game which I don't mind at all and is a pleasant change from the numerous open world games out there. Combat wise, it was basic but brutal and visceral which I liked. For me, I rated it an 8.0/10 overall. Visuals - 9, Audio - 9, Gameplay/Combat - 7 and Story/Characters - 7. My biggest issue were the puzzles. Hated them.

With Hellblade 2, im expecting more of the same but better. I'm not expecting combat to have skill trees or depth but that's okay because in this kind of game, I don't think it would fit or make any sense.
Idk to me if felt like a game tht was suppose to be open world but I kept walking into invisible walls.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Idk to me if felt like a game tht was suppose to be open world but I kept walking into invisible walls.

Really? I never felt that at all. When you start the game getting out of the canoe, you can see that it's going to be a very linear adventure game and the game never opens up at all. I'm expecting Hellblade 2 to be an 8-9 game for me and will enjoy it for what it is which is a 10 hour or so story driven linear game which is perfect because I honestly want more of these linear type game experiences. I don't want every game being a 100 hour open world bloated mess.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Really? I never felt that at all. When you start the game getting out of the canoe, you can see that it's going to be a very linear adventure game and the game never opens up at all. I'm expecting Hellblade 2 to be an 8-9 game for me and will enjoy it for what it is which is a 10 hour or so story driven linear game which is perfect because I honestly want more of these linear type game experiences. I don't want every game being a 100 hour open world bloated mess.
I knew it was linear it was too linear. Way more linear than other ganes I've played. I actually like linearity in game and I wish Uncharted never went more open or other ganes.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I knew it was linear it was too linear. Way more linear than other ganes I've played. I actually like linearity in game and I wish Uncharted never went more open or other ganes.

I can agree with it being too linear but I don't mind it because outside of the lore stones, there were no collectibles or any other crap which was good. Agree 100% with Uncharted.